The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the second public beta release of Kunena 6.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 4.x. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.
The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 6.2.0 B2 aren't totally stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 6.2 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.Kunena 6.2 has been designed to work on Joomla! 4.3 and later (for testing purpose it can be installed on Joomla! 4.4 beta and Joomla! 5.0 beta), the requirements are the followings :
- Php 7.4.1 to Php 8.2.x (the support of php 8.2.x has been be improved, there aren't anymore deprecated message)
- MySQL 5.7.30
- Bootstrap 5.1
The work done in Kunena 6.2 is the following:
- The support of php 8.2.x has been be improved, there aren't anymore deprecated message)
- Add the possibility to load a Joomla! module on Kunena login to have the keypass support on the authentification. Need to define in the template configuration of Aurelia the id of Joomla! module to use.
- Notify banned user by email
- New setting in Kunena configuration to set the date format of your choice to be used by datepicker
- Differenciate check on Kunena install between mysql and mariadb
- Allow to modify to different karma users in time allowed
- Store the data about notifications into the database to be send later by CRON task, need an extra plugin to make it work
Download K6.2.0 Beta2 here: https://github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/releases/tag/6.2-Beta2This means that the Kunena 6.1 series is approching the end of life and will be discountinued, with the future release of K6.2 in stable there won't be new versions of K6.1 after that.
Any donations are needed for future support.