The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the final release of Kunena 5.2.5, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages.
You need Joomla 3.9 to run Kunena 5.2.5, the minimal requirement for Php has been increased to 7.0.4. Kunena 5.2.5 can runs too with Php 8.0.
For users of template Blue eagle5 v1.6.3, please update to release of Blue eagle5 v1.6.5 before updating Kunena to 5.2.5. This template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 4, please stay with default Boostrap version from Joomla!.
Upgrading to K 5.2.5 involves changes that may affect Kunena's interoperability with other extensions installed on your site. For this reason it is advisable that you first test K 5.2 on a test site before you upgrade your live production site(s). At this stage the team is not treating interoperability with other Joomla extensions as the topmost priority. The main priority at this time is about installation/upgrade and operability as a standalone Joomla component.
Main changes in K5.2.5 :
- #7997: Can't add an attachment to the message when Add Suffix to URL and rewrite url is enabled #7997
- Workaround on CKeditor to avoid to it fails completly when the start or end tag aren't terminated like : [b]Hello world![/b
- #8074: Editing removes the subscription (Part 4)
- Exact forum post link is missing in search results
- #8050: Kunena Discuss Error: Rendering Error in layout Topic/Item when topic layout is Threaded or Indented
- #8033: Poll: Notice: Undefined variable: polllifespan - (if the Lifetime field is not filled)
- In backend, in templates list view before to do the request to get the list of premium templates it check if the method to do it are presents in the system
- Allowing ',' in font name in bbcode
- #8020: Polls are not displayed Rendering Error in layout ...
- #6023: Ban from forum does not work (part 2)
- Don't logout the user when do unban, related to the issue #5956
- When the poll has ended display a different string next to the poll life span
- Quote on messages done on previous versions not show the author user of the quote but the current user
- On crypsisb3 and crypsisb4, the poll icon is disabled on categories which have polls enabled which contains sub-categories
- On crypsisb3 and crypsisb4 when edit a poll the fields (poll title, options...) aren't filled
- On crypsisb3 and crypsisb4 some strings of poll dialog aren't here and the poll title label isn't translated
- #7996: Impossible to choose birthdate with datepicker
- An username still appears on quote even on quote not related to a message
- When quote a message from someone which have a name or an username with more than one word, it displays only the first word
- When try to enabling some integration plugins it doesn't work
- #5956: We need another message when someone try to enable not needed Kunena plugins
- Display poll end time if exist next to the poll title on results and vote layout
- Update CKeditor to 4.16.1
- Set a bit smaller the poll life time
- Set the following date format for all datepicker : yyyy-mm-dd
See full changelog here:
Download K5.2.5 here: https://github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/releases/tag/5.2.5
Any donations are needed for future support.