The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the final release of Kunena 5.2.4, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages.
You need Joomla 3.9 to run Kunena 5.2.4, the minimal requirement for Php has been increased to 7.0.4. Kunena 5.2.4 can runs too with Php 8.0.
For users of template Blue eagle5 v1.6.3, please wait the release of Blue eagle5 v1.6.4 before updating Kunena to 5.2.4. This template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 4, please stay with default Boostrap version from Joomla!.
Upgrading to K 5.2.4 involves changes that may affect Kunena's interoperability with other extensions installed on your site. For this reason it is advisable that you first test K 5.2 on a test site before you upgrade your live production site(s). At this stage the team is not treating interoperability with other Joomla extensions as the topmost priority. The main priority at this time is about installation/upgrade and operability as a standalone Joomla component.
Main changes in K5.2.4 :
- Log all the actions into Php file during Kunena install, to have a way to find the error in case of fail
- Missing call for namespace Joomla\CMS\Language\Text in some templates files
- Improve display of quote in message and move quote in template
- When Altauserpoints plugin integration is enabled it don't follow Altauserpoints settings to display the name or the username
- When Easy profile plugin integration is enabled it don't follow Easy profile settings to display the name or the username
- #7977: KunenaBbcodeLibrary::DoInstagram() must be an instance of Nbbc\BBCode, string given
- When Jomsocial plugin integration is enabled it don't follow Jomsocial settings to display the name or the username
- #7945: The menu item Recent Topics shows either all or nothing
- Rendering Error in layout User/Ban/History: Call to a member function getName() on string in /libraries/kunena/layout/base.php on line 168
- Users always showing as "online" even when offline on the crypsisb4 template
- When integration with easysocial is enabled, get displayname setting from easysocial configuration to know what to display
- #7954: Quote adds the message ID of the quoted post
- #7955: [CKEditor]The editor not recognize our font size spec
- #7947: Names not displayed when Kunena Profile is disabled (in the Kunena Integration plugin)
- Update fontawesome to 5.15.3
- During install or update of Kunena the directories of CKeditor plugins not present anymore are deleted
- Typo in language file en-GB.com_kunena.templates.ini
- Add a new setting in templates to load fontawesome compatibility layer for version 4.x
- In KunenaUser class don't need to call in each method the config object because is called in contructor
- Remove check on install on fileinfo and openssl which prevent some users to install it
See full changelog here:
Download K5.2.4 here: https://github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/releases/tag/5.2.4
Any donations are needed for future support.