The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the final release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages.
You need Joomla 3.9 to run Kunena 5.2, the minimal requirement for Php has been increased to 7.0.4. Kunena 5.2 can runs too with Php 8.0.
Upgrading to K 5.2 involves changes that may affect Kunena's interoperability with other extensions installed on your site. For this reason it is advisable that you first test K 5.2 on a test site before you upgrade your live production site(s). At this stage the team is not treating interoperability with other Joomla extensions as the topmost priority. The main priority at this time is about installation/upgrade and operability as a standalone Joomla component.
Main changes in K5.2 :
- New template : Crypsis B4 which is for people using Bootstrap 4.x on their sites
- CKeditor 4 in replacement of others editors
- Support of Php 8.0.0, you need at last Joomla! 3.9.23 to work with it but it remains issues with it
- Prevent new users to add links in their messages or their profile signature
- Most of the changes in this version is to fix bugs
See full changelog here:
Download K5.2.0 RC3 here: https://github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/releases/tag/5.2.0
Any donations are needed for future support.