The Kunena team is proud to announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.14 [K5.1.14] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.14. This update fixed 1 security issue.
We have Released K5.1.14 because of a 1 High Security issue
1 New feature to turn off "Re:" on subject names.
The key distinctions of K 5.1.14 are:
- 1 Security fix - High
- Fix canonical in search (#6536)
- Add ID to category counter (#6537)
- Fix errors on DiscussionForumPosting (#6544)
- Add option to disable Re on subject
- same length subject on item as on index
- Find the full changes: Here.
XSS Topic - High vulnerability
 - Core - XSS Vulnerability• Project: Kunena
• SubProject: Forum Core: Bbcode
• Severity: High
• Versions: 5.x through 5.1.14
• Exploit type: XSS
• Reported by: Andrey Skuratov | FBK | CyberSecurity
• Reported Date: 2019-08-13 16:04
• Fixed Date: 2019-08-13 19:00
• Release Date: 2019-08-13 19:15
• Vel url:
BBcode leads to XSS vulnerability.
Kunena versions 5.0.x through 5.1.14
Upgrade to version 5.1.14
K 5.1.14 is available for download on the download page.