The Kunena team wishes to advise that Kunena 4.0.11 [K 4.0.11] is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 2.5.28 and J! 3.x.x. This version is a security release, This Version has fixed 13 issues since the last release.
The summary of important changes in K 4.0.11 are:
- Low Security: User are able to see confidential information
- Add utf8mb4 support
- Feed link doesn't update from configuration
- Restore Unapproved Topics not working as expected
- When Direct Component Access and Protect Attachments is active, Images
- Extra DIV tag at end of message body
- ebay api has changed
- Ban: force logout user
- Poll Setting : The calendar stays on 11 January and life span date is 1-11-30
- Set deprecated functions for K5.0
The Kunena 4.0.11 release notes are essential reading before installing K 4.0.11 for the first time or if you are upgrading from an earlier version of Kunena.
Upgrading to K 4.0 involves changes that may affect Kunena's interoperability with other extensions installed on your site. For this reason it is advisable that you first test K 4.0.11 on a test site before you upgrade your live production site(s).
For users who are familiar with older versions of Kunena, an overview of some of key differences is given in Kunena Features in the Wiki.
K 4.0.11 is available for download on the download page.
The Kunena team is focusing all efforts in connection with K 5.0 which is expected soon.