The Kunena team wishes to advise that Kunena 4.0.7 [K 4.0.7] is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 2.5.28 and J! 3.4.x. This version is a maintaince release, This Version has fixed 22 issues since the last release.
The Main changes are:
- Fix Fatal error (libraries\templates)
- Fix duplicate links (SEO)
- We fixed the attachment settings issues, its now fully separated
- Fixed new issues with Joomla 3.5 Beta 1 (There was an error on debug). Joomla 3.5 is now supported
The summary of important changes in K 4.0.7 are:
- Issue on libraries\templates cause error #3468
- Crypsis B3 - attachments overlap with last edit message #3473
- Crypsis B3 - anonymous posts #3442
- Report: Fix creationdate #3478
- Installer: Make installer more robust #3479
- Allow Guests to see User Profiles #3467
- Crypsis: I can see login box even I'am registered #3482
- Set iconset on default dir, when empty #3488
- Poll icon always showed #3483
- offline.gif, online.gif, rankadmin.gif - not found in kunena.forum-min.css #3487
- Wrong text info in admin views.ini line 723 #3469
- Ban: delete all posts isn't working #3228
- Bbcode: myspace video doesn't work correct #3501
- Crypsis: Fix unsubscribe categories on profile page #3509
- Show small pagination on extra small devices #3504
- Fix duplicate links (romagromov) #3518
- Support new debug J35 #3515
- Check attachments size on upload take care of avatar setting instead of images/files settings #3466
- Show in quick reply, input to enter mail if it's required #3512
- Crypsis: Target topic does not change to another category #3517
- Crypsis: You can reply anonymously but not create anonymously a new topic with the menu item "New Topic" #3525
- Crypsis B3 - mobile view issues #3458
- Fix: Avatar deleted when error max size #3529
The Kunena 4.0.7 release notes are essential reading before installing K 4.0.7 for the first time or if you are upgrading from an earlier version of Kunena.
Upgrading to K 4.0 involves changes that may affect Kunena's interoperability with other extensions installed on your site. For this reason it is advisable that you first test K 4.0.7 on a test site before you upgrade your live production site(s).
For users who are familiar with older versions of Kunena, an overview of some of key differences is given in Kunena Features in the Wiki.
Find the full online README: Here.
K 4.0.7 is available for download on the download page.
K 3.0 is no longer an active project and support for K 3.X has ended on 31 August 2015.
The Kunena team is focusing all efforts in connection with K 5.0 which is expected to occur later this year but probably around december. You can read more about the design objectives for K 5.0 in the article What is Kunena?