The Kunena team wishes to advise that Kunena 4.0.4 [K 4.0.4] is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 2.5.28 and J! 3.4.x. This version is a maintaince release, this version fixed 22 issues.
The summary of important changes in K 4.0.4 are:
- Crypsis : To write is a problem with Preview. It loads the complete post for each letter. #3229
- Blue eagle: improve responsive
- Crypsis: add whoisonline and stats on topics
- File attachment problem when use special characters (Ñ...)
- Subscribe's box is always enabled #3303
- Breadcrumbs: Improve SEO
- COM_KUNENA_POST_ATTACHMENTS_NOT_ALLOWED #3299
- Display catpcha for crypsis on quick reply for Joomla! 3.4+
- Crypsis : It's not possible to upload attachments #3314
- AUP not working on hmvc. #3309
- Crypsis : Wrong avatars in the menu item Recent Posts #3307
- Hide image for guests - Hint does not appear #3254
- Images not showing in RSS feed #3328
- Crypsis : CSS Class Suffix - the color is not displayed
- Crypsis: Edit poll is not possible (it missing the poll symbol in the editor) #3332
- Max Links in message will divided by three if you insert a image …
- Open attachments files into new browser windows like for Kunena 3.0.8
- Blue eagle: Add colorpicker on edit template
- Crypsis: Too many poll options overlap the add button #3331
- Jomsocial: Wrong avatar when user is deleted
- Many improvements on CrypsisB3
The Kunena 4.0.4 release notes are essential reading before installing K 4.0.4 for the first time or if you are upgrading from an earlier version of Kunena.
Upgrading to K 4.0 involves changes that may affect Kunena's interoperability with other extensions installed on your site. For this reason it is advisable that you first test K 4.0.4 on a test site before you upgrade your live production site(s).
For users who are familiar with older versions of Kunena, an overview of some of key differences is given in Kunena Features in the Wiki.
Find the full online README: Here.
K 4.0.4 is available for download on the download page.
K 3.0 is no longer an active project and support for K 3.X will cease on 31 August 2015.
The Kunena team is focusing all efforts in connection with K 5.0 which is expected to occur later this year but probably not before October. You can read more about the design objectives for K 5.0 in the article What is Kunena?