The Kunena team wishes to advise that Kunena 4.0.1 [K 4.0.1] is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 2.5.28 and J! 3.4.x. This version addresses most of the important issues that were discovered in K 4.0.0 and replaces that version.
The summary of important changes in K 4.0.1 are:
- Crypsis: Hide empty rows
- Rendering Error in layout Widget/Login/Logout: Property "category_id"
- Replacement of caret.js/atwho.js by using Boostrap typeahead …
- Crypsis: Add language strings user profile message
- Blue eagle: hide real path on edit attach
- PHP Notice: Undefined property
- Guest: New topic with attach not saved
- Crypsis : No new topic button on smartphone
- Template Manager : You can't install templates
- Auto-embded eBay with URL doesn't work
- Remove setting on home menu item
- Twitter and ebay widgets prevent to add the post because there are a lot
- Crypsis : When ReCaptcha plugin is enabled registered users
- Disable topic icons: icons are loading the wrong path
The Kunena 4.0.1 release notes are essential reading before installing K 4.0.1 for the first time or if you are upgrading from an earlier version of Kunena.
Upgrading to K 4.0 involves changes that may affect Kunena's interoperability with other extensions installed on your site. For this reason it is advisable that you first test K 4.0.1 on a test site before you upgrade your live production site(s).
For users who are familiar with older versions of Kunena, an overview of some of key differences is given in Kunena Features in the Wiki.
Find the full online README: Here.
K 4.0.1 is available for download on the download page.
K 3.0 is no longer an active project and support for K 3.X will cease on 31 August 2015.
The Kunena team is focusing all efforts in connection with K 4.1 which is expected to occur later this year but probably not before October. You can read more about the design objectives for K 4.1 in the article What is Kunena?