Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena users/members

More
14 years 7 months ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Kunena users/members
Roger that, Columbia. So, maybe the month you thought it might take, will only be a matter of a few days? :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #12 by Oscarfishlover
No, it's going to take me a little longer because I've got other little projects on the go at the same time. I think the most time-consuming part will be deciding on the new layout, I'm finding new components.

Not really looking forward to migrating the forum, that's always a little intimidating. However,I've tried it out on a test site and everything went okay so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will work out just as well this time. Luckily, I'm building all on a temporary URL so when it's ready, it won't be off-line for more than an hour hopefully.

I just finished updating all my Joomla websites to 13 , and then blow me, the next day they release 14, can't win can you?.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #13 by sozzled
Moving your old Kunena (J! 1.0-version) to your new J! 1.5 site shouldn't be too difficult. Then it's merely a case of upgrading to K 1.5.4 on your new J! 1.5 site and you're set to go. Some of this discussion might be helpful to you: Migrating from J! 1.0.x & Fireboard 1.0.x to J! 1.5.x & Kunena 1.5.x . What Kunena version are you currently using?

The second part, choosing the components that will satisfy your needs, is something that you can do at your leisure. We could spend forever on the layout, but that's merely a small matter of detail. Getting the right features for the job, that's what's important. You might get some ideas from my demo site (I've listed where I obtained the components I use as a FAQ).

Cheers, mate B)
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #14 by Oscarfishlover
I'm using 1.11 at the moment. I didn't realise you could migrate from 1.11 to 1.5.

Actually, it was a lot easier than I was anticipating when I tested it a couple of months ago.

I recently upgraded my main website to 1.5 for pretty much know what photo gallery etc I'm going to use. I'm also deciding whether to get another jom social licence.I think it would work well on my fish website because I've got lots of active members who I know for sure would use it. And since I'm a member of rocket theme, I believe I can get $50 off the purchase of jom social, only realised after I bought my latest version.

I'm quite anxious to get this last website across to 1.5, 1.0 just seems so incredibly ancient.

Thanks, I'll have a look at what you've got. I actually purchased pro audio magic player last week.it enables you to add MP3 files to your site. You get both the component and plug-in and it is absolutely brilliant, and only £12

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

More
14 years 7 months ago #15 by Oscarfishlover
Bloody hell, can you believe this? I just asked all my members on my fish site to test the one I have been playing with all day, just to make sure that their username and passwords work. So I enable registry and login about half an hour ago, and already I've just had a spam registration.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
14 years 7 months ago #16 by sozzled
K 1.0.11 -> K 1.5.4 upgrade is a snack. Done in a couple of minutes; you don't even need to uninstall Kunena first. The upgrade procedure includes the necessary conversion of the tables. B)

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #17 by sozzled
Oscarfishlover wrote:

Bloody hell, can you believe this? I just asked all my members on my fish site to test the one I have been playing with all day, just to make sure that their username and passwords work. So I enable registry and login about half an hour ago, and already I've just had a spam registration.

Crikey! :laugh:
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 7 months ago #18 by Oscarfishlover
at the moment I install the brand-new copy of Joomla on to a temporary URL and migrated all content across. When I migrate the forum across, will I have to first install 1.11, and then 1.5, or can I drop the Kunena tables into the database and just install 1.5 straight off?

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
14 years 7 months ago #19 by Oscarfishlover
it has slipped me how I eat backed up Kunena tables last time.some of the tables are quite heavy and if I remember rightly gave me a bit of a problem last time when dropping them into the database. While not so much of a problem, but the screen went blank, thankfully after refreshing the page, it had worked. Is it better to export them as a zip file, or uncompressed?

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
14 years 7 months ago #20 by sozzled
In the discussion topic that I referred to earlier, Migrating from J! 1.0.x & Fireboard 1.0.x to J! 1.5.x & Kunena 1.5.x , the basic procedure in your case would involve:
  1. Export the jos_fb* tables from your J! 1.0.x website.
  2. Install Kunena 1.0.11 on the Joomla 1.5 website
  3. DROP all the jos_fb* tables on your J! 1.5 website and replace them by importing the jos_fb* tables that you saved in step 1.
That's the basics. There is more detail contained in the item I've referred to.

Make sure you make plenty of (Joomlapack) backups!

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds