Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question move users and posts from fireboard j1.0 to Kunena J1.5

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by dave80
Is there a way to move all users and posts from Fireboard on Joomla 1.0 to Kunena on Joomla 1.5

thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, dave, and welcome to the forum. I think you'll find the following discussion helpful Upgrade from joomla 1.0.15 / fireboard 1.0.4 to joomla 1.5.12 / kunena 1.5.3 . The short answer is, yes, there is a way to achieve your requirement! :)

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by dave80
These are 2 separate sites (no migration occured) is it still possible?

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Yes, it's quite easily achieved. I've inferred (from your response) that you have two working websites. One site is running Joomla 1.0.x that has an unspecified version of Fireboard and the other, new, site that is running Joomla 1.5.x without any version of Kunena installed. Am I correct?

This is the general migration procedure I would use:
  1. On the original website, migrate and/or upgrade to Kunena 1.0.11. Alternatively, make a copy of this website using Joomlapack and perform the steps on the "copied" site.
  2. Install K 1.0.11 on your new Joomla 1.5 website
  3. Export the jos_fb* tables from your upgraded website and import them into your new site database
  4. Upgrade to K 1.5.4
The secondary problem, how to copy your users from your original J! 1.0 site to J! 1.5 site, is answered at forums.joomla.org
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goliath

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #5 by dave80
I followed the steps above and after importing the jos_fb files got the following error:

Error

SQL query:

--
-- Dumping data for table `jos_comprofiler_lists`
--
INSERT INTO `jos_comprofiler_lists` ( `listid` , `title` , `description` , `published` , `default` , `usergroupids` , `useraccessgroupid` , `sortfields` , `filterfields` , `ordering` , `col1title` , `col1enabled` , `col1fields` , `col2title` , `col2enabled` , `col1captions` , `col2fields` , `col2captions` , `col3title` , `col3enabled` , `col3fields` , `col3captions` , `col4title` , `col4enabled` , `col4fields` , `col4captions` )
VALUES ( 2, 'Members List', 'my Description', 1, 1, '29, 18, 19, 20, 21, 30, 23, 24, 25', 18, '`username` ASC', NULL , 0, 'Image', 1, '29', 'Username', 1, 0, '42', 0, 'Other', 1, '26|*|28|*|27', 1, '', 0, '', 0 ) ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry '2' for key 1

What does this mean??? Where to from here???

Any help greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by dave80.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
This problem looks to be concerned with the Community Builder component. You didn't mention that you had Community Builder installed on either site. It also sounds like you exported more than just the jos_fb* tables in step 3 above.

What is the current situation with your new J! 1.5.x website? What components (and what versions of those components) have you installed?

More
14 years 9 months ago #7 by dave80
I have the following componemnts:

JForms 0.6 RC1
JomComment 3.0 Build 562
jPFChat 2.0.2
My Blog 3.0 Build 323
SimpleCalendar 0.7.9b

More
14 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
dave80 wrote:

I have the following components:

JForms 0.6 RC1
JomComment 3.0 Build 562
jPFChat 2.0.2
My Blog 3.0 Build 323
SimpleCalendar 0.7.9b

These components on both sites? You also have Community Builder V? installed on one or both sites, too?

My point is this: I was talking only about copying the SQL tables associated with Kunena. These tables (normally) have the prefix jos_fb_ ... you should not export other tables, particularly if you are running different versions of the components that work with them. In your earlier message you wrote:

I followed the steps above and after importing the jos_fb files got the following error:

Error

SQL query:

--
-- Dumping data for table `jos_comprofiler_lists`

jos_comprofiler_ tables are used by Community Builder. That is what the error message was about. You will need to upgrade CB to CB 1.2.1 when you upgrade to K 1.5.4!

I don't remember exactly the table names in K 1.0.8 (it was a long time ago). The K 1.5.4 tables are called:

jos_fb__announcement
jos_fb_attachments
jos_fb_categories
jos_fb_config
jos_fb_config_backup
jos_fb_discussbot
jos_fb_favorites
jos_fb_groups
jos_fb_messages
jos_fb_messages_text
jos_fb_moderation
jos_fb_ranks
jos_fb_sessions
jos_fb_smileys
jos_fb_subscriptions
jos_fb_users
jos_fb_version
jos_fb_whoisonline

Export whichever tables of the above-named that you have (and you may not have all of them, either) but only these!

More
14 years 9 months ago #9 by dave80
CB was only in 1.0

I tried to unistall and try again and now get this error

Error

SQL query:

-- -- Dumping data for table `jos_fb_categories` -- INSERT INTO `jos_fb_categories` (`id`, `parent`, `name`, `cat_emoticon`, `locked`, `alert_admin`, `moderated`, `moderators`, `pub_access`, `pub_recurse`, `admin_access`, `admin_recurse`, `ordering`, `future2`, `published`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `review`, `hits`, `description`, `headerdesc`, `class_sfx`, `id_last_msg`, `numTopics`, `numPosts`, `time_last_msg`, `smf_category_id`, `smf_board_id`, `smf_board_parent_id`) VALUES (1, 2, 'Certificate III in Fitness', 0, 0, 0, 1, NULL, 18, 0, 25, 0, 2, 0, 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, 'Discussions for all Certificate III in Fitness topics.', '', '', 169, 65, 91, 1247999089, 0, 0, 0), (2, 0, 'Certification Courses', 0, 0, 0, 1, NULL, 18, 0, 25, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, '', '', '', 169, 73, 93, 1247999089, 0, 0, 0), (3, 2, 'Certificate IV in Fitness', 0, 0, 0, 1, NULL, 18, 0, 25, 0, 3, 0, 1, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, 'Discussions for all Certificate [...]

MySQL said: Documentation
#1054 - Unknown column 'smf_category_id' in 'field list'

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #10 by sozzled
Have you performed the steps as I originally stated them? There look to be references to SMF (Simple Machines Forum) - the grandaddy of all forums - which do not appear (to my limited knowledge) in the versions of Kunena that I'm familiar with. Now that you have informed us of the added complication involving an ancient version of Community Builder, this is my revised general procedure:
  1. Make a copy of of your original Joomla 1.0.15 website using the appropriate version of Joomlapack.
  2. Using the copied version of the original website (I assume you know how to use Joomlapack and kickstart.php), completely remove Community Builder from your website.
  3. Upgrade from Fireboard to Kunena on the "copied" site. Please make sure you understand the upgrade process first! You have not stated what version of Fireboard you were using. Please search the forum for specific instructions on how to upgrade Fireboard (I suspect this is what has caused your latest problems). Please understand that I am only giving you a very general process description.
  4. Uninstall Fireboard; Kunena will not operate with Fireboard installed. Before doing anything else, make sure that your old Fireboard-now-Kunena website works properly!
  5. Uninstall any old versions of Kunena and Fireboard from your J! 1.5 site; if necessary, DROP all jos_fb* tables from your new J! 1.5 site. Kunena will not operate if Fireboard is installed. Install K 1.0.11 on your new Joomla 1.5 website.
  6. Install Community Builder 1.2.1 - do not install any other version of CB on your J 1.5 website! This is important!
  7. Ensure that your new J! 1.5 site now operates with Kunena 1.0.11. Make a Joomlapack backup of your new site.
  8. Export the jos_fb* tables from your upgraded website and import them into your new site database.
  9. Upgrade to K 1.5.4 on your new J! 1.5 website.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds