Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Please Read This First:

This category is only for reporting defects with K 3.0.

Do not use this category:
  • to ask general questions about how to use K 3.0 or to ask when new versions of Kunena will be released;
  • to ask about other (older) versions of Kunena; or
  • if you have tried to install K 3.0 on J! 1.5; or
  • if you installed K 3.0 on a live, production site and you want your site restored to its previous state; or
  • if this website ( www.kunena.org ) works but works differently to how you expected.

You must include your K 3.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

Topics that have been closed (resolved) will be archived and no further discussion on those topics will be allowed.

Solved Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1 by ssh
This is the scenario
I have a moderated forum.
Someone make a post in that forum, let’s call it "Post 1"
I click the "Approve" button, and the post is immediately posted (This is perfect, no problem with this)
Then, someone else make a reply to "Post 1", let’s call it "Reply 1"
The reply 1 is going to be with the status "Unapproved" until I click the "Approve" button (This is normal, is an expected behavior)

Here is the problem:
in the "reply 1" If I click the "Move" button, and try to move it to a different category and choose "Create new topic" option and type a new subject name then click the submit button, This process could take minutes to process and always end with a memory error.
I always have this error after wait for about 20 seconds:
Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 130968 bytes) in /home/cpanel_account/public_html/libraries/joomla/date/date.php on line 97

Please consider to include a fix for this in the 3.0.7 release
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by ssh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
i just tried this on k3.0.7. But i don't having the issue, so maybe its fixed, or something else is happening.

More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by ssh
it will be great to make the test with a big database. A database that contains a lot of topics on it.

Seems like the problem start happening to me after I reach 12,000 messages

I am telling you this because according to my hosting company, there are some queries consuming all the resources from my server, and those queries are coming from kunena.

Hosting Support Says:Hello,

Thank you for contacting our Help Desk.

After close review of the case I have noticed that the server was experiencing high load:

Code:
Code: Jan 07 08:00:06 High load (17.61) reached! Jan 07 08:00:06 High load (17.61) reached! Jan 07 08:00:07 High load (16.20) reached! Jan 07 08:00:07 High load (16.20) reached! Jan 07 08:00:08 High load (16.20) reached! Jan 07 08:00:09 High load (16.20) reached! Jan 07 08:00:09 High load (16.20) reached! Jan 07 08:00:10 High load (16.20) reached! Jan 07 08:00:10 High load (16.20) reached! Jan 07 08:00:11 High load (16.20) reached!

Hosting Support Says:This load seems to be induced by the fact that there are multiple slow queries generated by your application towards database:

Code:
Code: Executed 5 min ago for 30 sec on Database --> . Executed 5 min ago for 20 sec on Database --> . Executed 5 min ago for 22 sec on Database --> . Executed 5 min ago for 30 sec on Database --> . Executed 5 min ago for 14 sec on Database --> . Executed 5 min ago for 1 sec on Database --> . Executed 5 min ago for 10 sec on Database --> . Executed 5 min ago for 1 sec on Database --> . Executed 5 min ago for 15 sec on Database --> . Executed 5 min ago for 11 sec on Database --> . Executed 5 min ago for 2 sec on Database --> .

Hosting Support Says:Below you can find example of the complete queries:

Code:
Code: Executed 5 min ago for 11 sec on Database --> . UPDATE `gtmyg_session`SET `data` = '__default|a:8:{s:15:\"session.counter\";i:43 Executed 5 min ago for 2 sec on Database --> . SELECT * FROM gtmyg_kunena_topics WHERE id = 627

More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by 810
can you create a administrator account for me, then i install lasted version and test it.

More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by ssh
It will be safe to do it in my production site?
or you are asking for a test site with all my data included?

More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by 810
we are releasing it this weekend, is the same package. Should be save. if not then we reinstall 3.0.6

More
9 years 2 months ago #7 by ssh
please send me a private email to my registered email, in order to give you my teamviewer credentials

More
9 years 2 months ago #8 by 810
jelle @kunena.com without the space

More
9 years 2 months ago #9 by 810
solved by installing new version
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssh

More
9 years 2 months ago #10 by ssh
thanks a lot 810 for your support.
It is working ok now thanks to you.

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds