Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Main menu for Kunena not staying highlighted

More
9 years 4 months ago #1 by mdraeger
Hello,

I installed Kunena and the main functionality works great. However, the active view in the main menu does not react correctly. Inactive state is the correct color, hover works fine, but when I select the forum main item, and I go to the forum main page, the forum menu item goes back to an inactive state.

Any idea why this is happening? See attached. The Forum main menu button should stay red (active)when I am on the main forum page.

All other menu items are working correctly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #2 by mdraeger
New to forum so didn't realize I need configuration details.

So here they are.

Template using JSN Force Pro - latest version
Joomla 3.3
Kunena 3.0.6

More
9 years 4 months ago #3 by 810
i don't see the attachment. please add the kunena report here.

More
9 years 4 months ago #4 by mdraeger
now with attachment. basically, it doesn't stay red when I select the forum menu
Attachments:

More
9 years 4 months ago #5 by 810
this is a flaw in Kunena, i never found a solution for it, because we are loading a other menu: kunenamenu, so the template doesn't know that the forum item is still active.

regards 810

More
9 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
According to Matias, it's a defect in Joomla menu system.

More
9 years 3 months ago #7 by mdraeger
so every kunena forum inserted inside a joomla website does not keep the menu item active?

I am very surprised there is no workaround or fix to this.

Has anyone developed a way around this issue?

Martin

More
9 years 3 months ago #8 by rich
Go in your main menu and open the menu item Forum. Choose Menu item to link to the Index (not to the Forum). It should work.

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds