Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important Phantom user/category subscriber

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #1 by bobhembree
Here's a puzzle. I'm getting returned emails intended for a category subscriber. There is no record of the email in either the Joomla or Kunena user database tables. I have no name to associate email with. I recently migrated in steps from J1.5 to J2.5 to J3.3 to a new server. Everything is up-to-date. Everything is working beautifully, but this phantom user has me wondering where it came from.
Any clues on where to look in MySQL, or if there's some hidden corner I need to know about?

Thanks,
Bob
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bobhembree.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled

bobhembree wrote: Any clues on where to look in MySQL ...

See my article on Automatic subscriptions . The information you are looking for is there. :)
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 7 months ago #3 by bobhembree
Great article -- stopped using autosubscribe years ago to cut down on the support requests.

I did go through _kunena_user_topics and _kunena_user_categories but came to a dead end. I suspect they refer to other tables for the actual emails, like the joomla user table (which doesn't have the email I'm looking for). I did find a couple IDs from the _kunena_user_categories/subscribers and tried to trace them back to other tables, but no luck. The subscription was there and switched on, but couldn't find the IDs in Joomla user table. What I need to find is the table or source Kunena pulls from to get the email address before sending a notification.

Thanks,
Bob

sozzled wrote:

bobhembree wrote: Any clues on where to look in MySQL ...

See my article on Automatic subscriptions . The information you are looking for is there. :)

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds