Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged When will K 3.1 be released?

More
10 years 6 months ago #1 by rodrigofarcas
-I want to know if the next major version for Kunena already has an expected release date.
-Also, if it uses Joomla 3.1 Bootstrap & Tags
-What are the big changed it will contain?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
The overview about what features may be contained in future versions of Kunena is >>> here <<<

I hope this helps.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodrigofarcas

More
10 years 5 months ago #3 by rodrigofarcas
Thank you! :woohoo:

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #4 by N6REJ
Replied by N6REJ on topic When will K 3.1 be released?
What's the ETA on K 3.1?
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic split by moderator

More
10 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled

sozzled wrote: As a general outline of the team's plans , the next version, K 3.1, will probably be available to the public in late December or sometime in the new year.

More
10 years 3 months ago #6 by woonydanny
What is the status of implementing j3 tags feature?

I'm thinking this will dramatically allow me to reduce my kunena categories and just tag posts for users to filter if required

Im assuming that less categories will also mean a faster site

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
9 years 8 months ago #7 by zydanielson

sozzled wrote: The overview about what features may be contained in future versions of Kunena is >>> here <<<

I hope this helps.

So I read this. And I didn't see anything about Kunena Tags or Joomla Tags ... nothing. Why is it that no one is willing to seriously talk about this? I think this feature is wanted by so many of us. I dare you to run a poll on it!

Seriously, please, we need the ability to tag topics and posts in the Kunena forum. Are we going to see this any time soon? An estimated time frame would be nice.

I have a forum where I would like to use tags. But since Kunena doesn't support this, I'm forced to use a Joomla blog instead. I'm not happy with this solution. But until Kunena can match this functionality, I have not been able to find any better option.

This is sad, especially since I can find requests for this feature as far back as 5 years ago right here in this forum.

"Life changes when you love what you love
more than you hate what you hate."

~ Elisha

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
The best estimated time frame that I have is Q4 2014 (see Kunena Features and Kunena Features What is Kunena? ) in the Wiki.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 8 months ago #9 by nutter308
I am really looking forward to the new release, sozzled are you able to say if the new Crypsis template will have better compatibility with rocket theme templates?

More
9 years 8 months ago #10 by sozzled

nutter308 wrote: sozzled, are you able to say if the new Crypsis template will have better compatibility with rocket theme templates?

I am not saying anything more than what I have already written in this topic. If you want to know more, join the Kunena project, get involved with GitHub or wait for the developers to give you more details.

I am like you. I, too, am waiting on details. Sorry. I wish I could help you more.

The only think I can say in relation to this topic - when is the next major version for Kunena estimated to be released - is some time between October 2014 and December 2014. That's the last estimate that I was given.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds