Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How to Hide Profile Information (ICQ, Skype, Sex, City etc.)?

More
14 years 1 week ago #1 by Fjody
Hi,

does anyone know how to Hide the icons that show all the Contact and Personal information about users (ICQ, Skype, Sex, City etc.)?

Image:

I don't want my users to show any Personal or Contact information in the forum.

Currently I'm blocking any access to "My profile", so people can't fill in these information, but think it isn't the best solution. "My profile" is quite useful as there are also other options that users need to use - e.g. threads they would like to follow.

So, is there a way how to Hide the above mentioned Icons (icons bellow Avatar), so people cann't contact each other?

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #2 by @quila
Hi,

all this information you can hide commenting some line in the file message.php

components / com_kunena / template / default_ex /

Example

<?php
if (isset($msg_skype)) {
//echo $msg_skype;
}
?>

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #3 by sozzled
Fjody wrote:

Then don't enter it that information.

What about the other people who want to share this information? Are you going to deny them any choice in the matter? :ohmy:
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 week ago #4 by Fjody
@quila: Thanks, I will try it.

sozzled: Yes, I'm gonna to deny them any choice in that matter. My forum is made to share all the posts and information for EVERY user. I don't support any users, that intend to share information just between 2 or 3 users (through Skype, ICQ etc.). The shared information must be public and for everyone, not secret and just for a few people. If they want to chat privately, they can find another forum, but definitely not mine.

Fjody

More
14 years 5 days ago #5 by Fran
Thanks @quila for that information. That is useful for not making it show on the profile box that shows on the message. Which file do we need to change for it to not show in the actual profile?

More
14 years 5 days ago #6 by @quila
Hi Fran,

look at file

components / com_kunena / template / default / plugin / fbprofile / userinfos.php

Regards

More
14 years 5 days ago #7 by Fran
Thanks @quila. I actually found another post of yours at: www.kunena.com/forum/133-solved-or-prior...de-last-online#46189 which answered the question and was pointing to summary.php in the same folder. Thanks a lot for your assistance. People like you are what make open source and Kunena extremely pleasant!

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #8 by CheechDogg
sozzled wrote:

Fjody wrote:

Then don't enter it that information.

What about the other people who want to share this information? Are you going to deny them any choice in the matter? :ohmy:

Is that not what the forums here have done with the Karma feature? And is that not what you want to do with the Karma feature yourself?

Again Zozzled, please for the sake of everyone using these forums, be professional when answering questions. Right now I Myself am very dissapointed by the way you choose to answer people's questions here. If you were a Moderator on My site, I would of removed you as a Moderator. But you do offer great help when you choose to answer questions professionally and that I guess is what has kept you as a Moderator.

The best thing you could of done with this question is not replied to it at all, don't you think? After it received a few other replies you never replied back at all. Seriously, think before you answer a question. I have a question Myself now that I can not find the answer to, and I am reluctant to ask it here now to avoid a possibly rude disagreement with you more than with anyone else.

Pretty bad don't you think?

And to everyone who will read this, I am sorry for targeting Zozzled, but I am only trying to make him see how bad it looks when he chooses to answer questions by the community this way. So thanks if you understand and thanks if you don't.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by CheechDogg.

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds