Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Looking for the file to edit Email notifications

More
9 years 2 months ago #11 by leighsa
You wrote:

In this case you should wait for Kunena 3.1 which will have a template for email message which is more easy to customize.

Does such an override exist?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #12 by xillibit
In next version Kunena 3.1, the mail content will be part of the template you will be able to modify it more easily than actually

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled

xillibit wrote: In next version Kunena 3.1, the mail content will be part of the template you will be able to modify it more easily than actually

Unfortunately, this is the same kind of response given over four months ago and, as far as we can tell, K 3.1 does not exist as a version that people can test and it does not really answer the question about making custom changes to the current, supported version of Kunena.

leighsa wrote: I am using version 3.0.5 and I would also like to find that file. Any details?

K 3.0.5 is old, outdated and no longer supported. Although the files that create email notifications are the same—that is, the file names have not changed—the source code in the latest, supported version of Kunena—K 3.0.7—is different.

This means that, if you want to make custom changes to those files, and you save your custom changes in the ../components/com_kunena folder, you will lose those changes when you upgrade from one version of Kunena to the next version.

Although it may be fair to say that "mail content will be part of the template in the next signficant release of Kunena (K 3.1)", I do not know how this feature has been implemented, there is no end user documentation, and there is no way for people outside the Kunena developers who can test this.

Perhaps this topic may help: Change/Edit Kunena forum email messages .
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leighsa

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds