Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Joomla 2.5 and Kunena 1.7.1

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by irishbiker
Hi Guys

Just a quick question, will Kunena support Joomla 2.5?

P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
As we all know, J! 2.5 was recently released as a beta a couple of days ago. In that short time (and with only a handful of people actively testing J! 2.5 with K 1.7 and K 2.0), a few issues have arisen but it's unclear what will be the final situation until J! 2.5 comes out as a public release. We had a similar situation when J! 1.7 was released, too (see [Merged topic] Joomla 1.7 and implications for Kunena ). We had different issues with K 1.6 and J! 1.6 but they were eventually resolved (around the time of J! 1.6.4, I think).

As far as we can tell, K 1.7 will work on J! 2.5 (but it's not going to be without a couple of minor adjustments) and there may need to be a K 1.7.2 release to occur around the time when J! 2.5 is released. K 2.0 will certainly operate in J! 2.5.

The plan is to ensure that K 1.7 will continue to work on J! 1.5, J! 1.7 and J! 2.5. K 2.0 (when it's released) will also run on these Joomla platforms.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xlgolffari, irishbiker

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by Matias
In my tests Kunena 1.7.2 builds run in Joomla 2.5, but Kunena 1.7.1 doesn't run because of a bug (or new broken feature) in Joomla. I hope to get the bug in Joomla fixed, but I don't have too much time currently.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xlgolffari, irishbiker

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by henrik1782
Joomla 2.5 will be released within 2 dayn on the 24th of January.

Have anyone tested this solution and are there any problem in upgrading to Joomla 2.5?

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Re: Kenuna 1.7.1 and Joomla 2.5
We have the Kunena 1.7.2 ready for take off ;) it will be released a few days after J2.5 is released. So we can do some final tests.

Regards 810

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by rinuccio sp
Good

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by Jiminimonka
Any news on this as today Extension Manager/Update in the admin backend for Joomla is showing an option to update to 2.5.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
No news today, sorry, as far as Kunena is concerned. A couple of bugs have already been found in J! 2.5.0.

Forgive me for saying this but, just as when J! 1.6.0 was released a year ago, I waited a couple of months until after it was released before I first trialled J! 1.6. I'll probably be doing the same thing with J! 2.5, too. That's just my opinion, of course, and it's not the official view of the Kunena project team. Testing of K 1.7.2 and J! 2.5.0 continues to be undertaken.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by sozzled
Joomla has today released J! 2.5.0 and, as part of the release, informed all J! 1.7.x users of this availability and recommendation to upgrade. While we all welcome the announcement of J! 2.5.0 as the start of the next long-term release of Joomla, K 1.7.1 is not fully operable under J! 2.5.0.

J! 1.7 users will receive advice of the automatic upgrade availability of J! 2.5. They should be aware that, if they upgrade to J! 2.5.0, K 1.7.1 will not work without problems. These issues are currently being looked into by the Kunena development team. The Kunena team has been involved for the past three months in building and testing K 1.7.2 which is nearly ready for public release. K 1.7.2 has been tested to work under J! 2.5.0.

A public announcement will be made when K 1.7.2 is available. Members of the Kunena community are invited to subscribe to the category Official Announcements and News about Kunena so that they will be informed by email when K 1.7.2 is available for download and upgrade.

More
12 years 2 months ago #10 by Jiminimonka
I am not suggesting anyone go ahead and upgrade, but I upgraded to J!2.5 yesterday, with K!1.7.1 running, and everything is working perfectly.

Of course I made a backup first in case it all went pear shaped.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds