Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged "Automatically" subscribe all members to be notified of any new messages

More
13 years 7 months ago #51 by sprdoorman
Hi Sozzled,

So, did you receive any notifications of new posts since yours? Looks like there have been several. I still have not received and notifications of Categories I subscribed to.

Thanks for looking into this.

Carl
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 7 months ago #52 by sozzled
Thank you for posting to this one category that I have subscribed to as the screenshot shows below:

No, I have not received any emails arising from this category subscription. I will ask if other people have reported similar issues in their tests, too.
Attachments:
More
13 years 7 months ago #53 by deshivoicechat
More
13 years 7 months ago #54 by sprdoorman

deshivoicechat wrote: i got it... what great solution. thanks :)

Interesting - So, it looks like its working for some, but not for others. Wonder what is different that would cause this.

Our group has been waiting for this feature for a long time. 1/2 our group still uses a Yahoo list because it notifies you of new posts. Hope it can be figured out.

Carl
More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #55 by Cerberus
From what i read in the testers area this is a known issue and its caused by part of the code being commeted out at the moment while the devs work on it.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Cerberus.
More
13 years 7 months ago #56 by sozzled

deshivoicechat wrote: i got it... what great solution. thanks :)

:ohmy:

No! I was not showing that the issue has been solved! I was only showing what my personal settings were and that sprdoorman was absolutely right. At the present moment, the "subscribe to category" feature does not work.
More
13 years 7 months ago #57 by sprdoorman
Well, looks like its fixed. I started receiving email notifications today from Kunena regarding new posts in the categories I subscribed to! Awesome!

Thanks so much to the Kunena team for adding this important feature. Hopefully we will soon be able to make better use of our groups forum.

Carl
More
13 years 7 months ago #58 by sozzled
Yes, the Subscribe Category feature was fixed earlier today. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: deshivoicechat
More
13 years 7 months ago #59 by ejw

sozzled wrote: I have some good news for you, Colin. The feature you (and others) have requested is in the pipeline for K 1.6: "auto-subscribe to all topics in a category" feature.

Hi, would you please be so kind and update us on that and possibly its features? I assume there will be an admin setting to determine, which categories every user is subscribed to from the start (after agreeing to that during registration to satisfay legal requirements). Can a user still unsubscribe to those if he/she wants to (which is something a user needs to be able to)?

Many thanks, great work you guys!
Erik
More
13 years 7 months ago #60 by sozzled
G'day, erik, and welcome to Kunena.

Kunena does not have a function to, upon user registration, automatically subscribe all members to be notified of any new message posted to the forum. Kunena is not responsible for what happens during the user registration process.

After users register with your site they may choose to subscribe to forum material. If you specially want (or need) your users to be notified of new messages to the forum, you also need to educate your users and try to help them to use the facilities built into your forum.

K 1.6 allows users to subscribe to a category of discussion topics; users can later unsubscribe from their category subscriptions. If you forum has only one category, then if users subscribe to that category they will receive notification by email of all new messages posted to the whole forum. The question is, how do you get your users to subscribe to a forum category or categories?

When I wrote, 3 months ago, that I had some "news" about category subscriptions, I thought that the news was relevant to this discussion. You have asked for an update on the news. The update is that K 1.6 is now available to the general public and people can now assess for themselves whether these features are useful or not for their purposes.

I hope this helps.
Time to create page: 0.533 seconds