Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena turns 2!

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by fxstein
Kunena turns 2! was created by fxstein

Kunena's Second Birthday

Its an exciting week here in the Kunena community and especially for me, Oliver (aka fxstein). Two years ago, we published Kunena for the very first time. We recognize two important dates: January 27, 2009, when we uploaded Kunena 1.0.7 to this website, and February 2, 2009, when Kunena was first published on the Joomla Extension Directory. In the days that followed, the site went from no traffic to bustling with excitement. Matias and I were caught by surprise since we did not think Kunena would catch on so quickly. We had no idea that what was about to come would overshadow anything that had come before.

In 2007, I discovered Fireboard (the predecessor of Kunena) and used it for a while on my personal website, which included doing my fair share of private bug fixes. When it became clear that keeping my own fixes was not so easy when each new release came out, I had no choice but to join their development team in 2008 and started cranking away on bugs — literally hundreds of them. For a couple of months, I fixed and improved a lot of things. The prior development team was no longer engaged in the project and help from other community members was initially rather slow. So for six months, I did bug fixes and nobody released anything. Eventually, it became pretty clear to me that the Fireboard project was beyond salvageable and the prior leadership team ultimately turned off the forums on their site. It was a turning point and a few weeks later, we decided to open Kunena.com and release a long awaited bug fix release labeled Kunena 1.0.7.

Read more...

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny, etusha, Eranda, skriaz
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by MindTooth
Replied by MindTooth on topic Re: Kunena turns 2!
Congratulate on the b-day ;)

Has been an adventurous ride.
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #3 by latino
Replied by latino on topic Re: Kunena turns 2!
Congrats and Big THANK YOU !!! to all developers and staff.

:)
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by latino.
More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by MindTooth
Replied by MindTooth on topic Re: Kunena turns 2!
And 1 million downloads. Quite an accomplishment :)
More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by Scottux
Replied by Scottux on topic Kunena Turns 2!
Happy birthday
More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by darksoul
Replied by darksoul on topic Re: Kunena Turns 2!
Tanks! kunena rocks ever
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhon.merakbal
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #7 by woonydanny
Replied by woonydanny on topic Kunena Turns 2!
Thanks for all the hard work and effort over the last few years! It has been a bumpy ride since I first used Joomlaboard 1.1.2 but now it has blossomed into a fantastic extension you should be very proud of.

Thanks again :)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by woonydanny.
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #8 by ChaosHead
Replied by ChaosHead on topic Kunena Turns 2!
My congratulations! And with impatience I wait Kunena version 2.0!
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by ChaosHead.
More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by thug_boy
Replied by thug_boy on topic Kunena Turns 2!
My congratulations! And with impatience I wait Kunena version 2.0!
More
13 years 2 months ago #10 by weaklinks
Replied by weaklinks on topic Kunena Turns 2!
I been with IPB for 7 years and pay a ton of money ! they lost focus of a forum and came across this and joomla no more fishing around for mods CMS codes integration and bla bla bla

found this site and joomla and man im freaking happy
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds