Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Gavick Mega Menu Doesn't Work with Some 1.6 Templates.

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by aaronblrt1
I'm using the Gavick mystore template on my joomla site and using the MegaMenu. I downloaded the EuroTemplate Blue and I have the default Blue Eagle Template. Both templates cause the MegaMenu to stop working on the Kunena pages.
I have found one template to not affect this and that is joomlana-blue

Does anybody know what the problem is and why it could be breaking my MegaMenu and why this template isn't?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by fxstein
Yes - it is a known fact that the Gavick Mega Menu is not compatible with mootools 1.2.x it is based on the outdated 1.1 and has not been updated by its authors.

One of our german members has come up with a potential partial fix for that: www.kunena.com/forum/36-german/65831-loe...plates-und-kunena-16

Ultimately Gavik will have to update their Mega Menu code to run on the latest Joomla versions, unfortunately they have not maken that happen.

You see this with Kunena because we dynamically enable the Mootools Upgrade Plugin for Kunena pages, that has been shipping with Joomla since 1.5.19 and is a compatibility layer for outdated templates and menu modules to run on the new libraries. Joomla 1.6 wont have that compatibility layer but will only support mootools 1.2.x+

There are other template clubs out there like RocketTheme that have updated the last 2+ years of all of their template to support that latest mootools 1.2.4 - they will most likely again be the ones who will lead with Joomla 1.6 work - as pretty much all of their javascript conversion is already done.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by aaronblrt1
Can someone translate what is being said in the german post. I was trying to make sense of it but can't...
I've been using Gavick templates for a while because there layouts are mostly the same so if you switch templates, there isn't really any work to be done.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by aaronblrt1
Why can't there be 2 version of Kunena 1.6? One for new & one for old mootools?

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by drlovecat
Gavick template works on mootools 1.1
So you should contact "the gavick" to fix it "like other" template developers.

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by aaronblrt1
I translated the german page using Google and tried what it said, it did not work using the mystore template.
Also it has been posted on Gavick many times over about Kunena 1.6 and the new mootools and from what I understand, they won't upgrade to the new mootools until Joomla 1.6 comes out because the new mootools wasn't suppose to be put in until then.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by Mizunga
Let us see your website and the Gavick Mega Menu, always you can find other Menus to work with Mootols 1.2 and work and looks good with your Joomla Template and Kunena Template.

WordPress Development and Kunena templates.

More
13 years 6 months ago #8 by aaronblrt1

More
13 years 6 months ago #9 by Mizunga
Hellow again vbctv, for a Mega Menu working with K 1.6 just the best solution is:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/structu...op-a-tab-menus/11578

Free Module that you can configure. The other option is to use a Yootheme or Joomlart Template.

I hope this helps you.
Regards!!!

PD: Your website gonna look better with Euro-Blue Template in your forum :)

WordPress Development and Kunena templates.

More
13 years 5 months ago #10 by aaronblrt1
I was going to change the template but today i saw that Gavick released a module that is 1.2 ready so I am hoping this is the start. I can deal with the bbcode thing for a few more weeks if I have to. There is really no template out right now that we like or matches what we are looking for.

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds