Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How can I restrict the view of just 1 section to a set Joomla template style?

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by andy bonner
I am totally new to Kunena and this is my first post (thought I should say that first!)

I have a Sports site with each sport having a different Joomla template. So a football template and a tennis template for example...

I want to create a Joomla Menu Item so that it just shows 1 Kunena 'section' and all the categories within it.

THe 'ListCat' Menu item does this BUT as soon as you click a category it then loads the default Joomla template. Any way to stop it doing that?

Thanks!

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by @quila
Hi Andy, welcome to kunena

yes you can do this. You need to create Joomla menu item for any section of your forum, one for football section and one for tennis section. Now you need just to assign your joomla football template to Kunena football section menu, the same for tennis section.

Best Regards

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by andy bonner
Thanks for the welcome - and the quick response too! This is looking GOOD!

Do you know which Menu Item type should I be using to achieve my template aim?

My problems as I currently understand them are:

a) If I use Menu Item Type 'Entry Page' - Then the config there only lets me select a 'Category' to display, not a whole 'Section' (I'd have several Football categories, so would want to select the Football section)

b) If I use Menu Item Type 'ListCat' - Then I can select a section and it displays fine with my applied Joomla template BUT as soon as I click to delve into a category at the front-end, BAM, my assigned template goes and the default one returns :-(

Hope that makes sense! Any ideas?

Thanks - Hope to be better up to speed soon!

Andy

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds