Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Solved] Old YOOtheme template causes very slow Kunena performance

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by neilstamps
I have just installed Kunena 1.6, on Joomla 1.5.21, having upgraded from a Joomla 1.0.13 Fireboard installation. I am using Yootheme Phoenix as a template.

I am seeing incredibly slow performance - all Kunena page loads are taking in excess of 30 seconds or so. The remainder of the site loads in sub 2 seconds.

Is there any known issues with this migration process that might be causing this slow performance?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

There is a conflict with Mootools and yootheme template, you need to look the settings of your template and disable the mootools support.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by zaks

xillibit wrote: Hello,

There is a conflict with Mootools and yootheme template, you need to look the settings of your template and disable the mootools support.

I can't agree with you on this. I don't experience this issue at all.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by neilstamps
Can you elaborate please? Mootools is fundamental to the way the Yootools templates work (menu effects, gallery transitions etc) so I need to understand what the issue is.

thanks

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by sozzled
There's Mootools and then there's "Mootools". Let me write that a little clearer: there is the Mootools that ships with Joomla 1.5.19+ (commonly referred to as Mootools 1.2) and there's the Mootools "upgrade" known as Mootools 1.2.4 .

... but then there's the ancient, out-dated Mootools 1.1 which, I'm sorry to say, makes a shemozzle of everything as far as Kunena is concerned. For most purposes Mootools 1.2 does everything that MT 1.1 does but the presence of MT 1.1 undoes whatever MT 1.2.4 is supposed to do. I know, that doesn't sound like a very scientific explanation but it's about the best I could come up with at short notice.

The killer punch comes with the YOOtheme template that you're using. Because Kunena loads MT 1.2.4 and your template loads MT 1.1, the MT 1.1 stuff clobbers MT 1.2.4 and Kunena doesn't work. Therefore, what you have to do is find a way to stop your template screwing up Kunena. Easily done: remove the hard-coded reference to load MT 1.1.

As far as performance is concerned, see the first message in the topic Mootools 1.2.4How to know If you have a mootools Conflict! . The rest of the discussion is good to read, too. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: neilstamps

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by neilstamps
Thanks

I've dug into Yootheme's website and found they have released a new version of the Phoenix template that is mootools 1.2 compatible, so hopefully that will address my issues. Thanks for the assistance.:cheer:

More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by zaks

neilstamps wrote: Thanks

I've dug into Yootheme's website and found they have released a new version of the Phoenix template that is mootools 1.2 compatible, so hopefully that will address my issues. Thanks for the assistance.:cheer:

No wonder I did not come across this issue. The templates were upgraded around the time Joomla 1.5.20 was released, so you are advised to always keep Joomla /templates/ etc always upgraded;)

More
13 years 6 months ago #8 by neilstamps
tested last night against latest Warp 5.5 based Phoenix template, and all looks ok. Thanks.:cheer:

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds