Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Adding custom BBCode

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by DJProfK
Adding custom BBCode was created by DJProfK
Greetings, "first timer" with kunena here, but long phpbb user.

Okkk.. let's get this started.
I'm looking forward into merging from my phpbb3 to kunena, while i already found the documentation for that, i'm also looking forward into adding several custom bbcodes that the community uses on the phpb3 board.

After using search with no luck (did find a couple topics, but the help was none existent, including one with the links which were all broken).

I come here ask for help.

I already know that i need to edit the files myself in order to add the code, since there is no backend option, so i ask:

- Which files i need to edit?

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
- K

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by HolidayAuctionChief
No help here for you yet?
I'm looking to find out how I can change the Fonts/Size/Bold etc in Categories.
Is that the sort of thing you are looking for as well?

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Adding custom BBCode

HolidayAuctionChief wrote: I'm looking to find out how I can change the Fonts/Size/Bold etc in Categories.

To clarify your question, do want to change the display (size, colour, font-weight) on your site or you want to change the elements/functions in the BBcode toolbar?

I don't have any information about the original question posted in this topic, sorry.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by DJProfK
Replied by DJProfK on topic Re: Adding custom BBCode
A bit sad no help so far...

I'm still looking myself at the files, but no luck so far, if i figure it out, i'll post it here, but any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers for both posters,
- K

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #5 by supersasho
Replied by supersasho on topic Re: Adding custom BBCode
I'm also a newbie with Kunena and i'm also searching for the files, to be able to put there a new bbcode. I'll hope someone of us will find it and report back. :)

Edit: I searched in lib and found out, it is the kunena.bbcode.js.php located in ../components/com_kunena/lib

Edit2: But this just shows the button on the boardcode. So still searching for the solution.

Edit3: So i found that you also should add some code to ../components/com_kunena/templates/default/smile.class.php

It would be nice to have a tutorial, how to, guide or something.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by supersasho.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #6 by DJProfK
Well, due to lack of time, i wasn't able to fully give a go a true search into this -_-

But it seems that rokcandy (lets you add your own bbcode to joomla/k2 articles) works flawless (i already had it for my k2 blog, but only noticed yesterday that it was working on the kunena forum too lol XD).

Well, i leave this here since it might help some of you guys too, the only con is that you can't add the buttons, but the code works so far.

Cheers,
-K

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Adding custom BBCode
DJProfK wrote:

... it seems that rokcandy (lets you add your own bbcode to joomla/k2 articles) works flawlessly ...

... with Kunena? :blink: RokCandy and Kunena have not been a very successful mix in the past; see the results of this search .

supersasho wrote:

What would you like to have written in this tutorial? Perhaps if you write a table of contents of what should be included in the tutorial, with specific examples of what you would like to see included, this might be possible.

I'm also still awaiting clarification of the questions asked by HolidayAuctionChief.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #8 by DJProfK

sozzled wrote: DJProfK wrote:

... it seems that rokcandy (lets you add your own bbcode to joomla/k2 articles) works flawlessly ...

... with Kunena? :blink: RokCandy and Kunena have not been a very successful mix in the past; see the results of this search .

It's weird :/ ....and well i'm not really in the place to say much besides that "it works for me".

But i will listen to your advice.

sozzled wrote: supersasho wrote:

What would you like to have written in this tutorial? Perhaps if you write a table of contents of what should be included in the tutorial, with specific examples of what you would like to see included, this might be possible.

Since your brought that up, a nice clean tutorial for adding custom BBCode to kunena would be nice? ;)

It's been asked for over an year, and both "tutorial" links found with search are long down.

Adding new buttons for custom BBCode + adding the code iteslf is what some of us guys here are needing right now.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by DJProfK.

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds