Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Attachment not found

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by adricist
Hi all,

I have just upgraded the Kunena component from 1.5.x to 1.7.1 my Joomla version is 1.5.22

After completely resetting all settings everything seems to be working fine. The only issue I now have is that I cannot upload files. I can however upload images and they are showing correctly in the threads.

I have tried testing the file upload with small doc, docx and pdf and there are always problems. With the doc or dox x I get an "Attachment xxx not found" in the post. While with pdf I get the submitted post to show up again and in the thread I get a blank post.

Can someone please help me troubleshoot this issue? I am asuming that everything is fine on the servers directory permisions otherwise the jpgs should not work either! but they do!

Thanks,
Adri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Attachment not found
The reason you cannot upload .doc or .docx files to your server could be that you have not changed your Kunena configuration settings to allow these files to be uploaded. We may know more if you post your configuration report. Another reason might be that your Joomla Global Configuration settings do not allow these files to be uploaded to your server. The same thing may also apply in relation to trying to upload .pdf files. There may be other reasons, too.

I don't know the answer unless we can see configuration report. It's a fairly common problem that we've dealt with many times on this forum.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by adricist
Replied by adricist on topic Re: Attachment not found
Thanks heaps for your feedback. We were able to upload successfully all types before the Kunena upgrade from 1.5.x to 1.7.1, this should isolate any problems with Joomla settings.

Here is the Config report requested, I am sorry for not having posted it earlier.

Thanks again and I look forward to working out a solution

Regards,
Adri

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 800 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 100M

Joomla default template details : ja_regulus_ex | author: JoomlArt.com | version: Extra | creationdate: 19 Jul 06

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
Please read and fix first: Legacy mode

Because we cannot access your forum directly, I can only broad advice. You have conflicts among the several menu items that you've defined to access different parts of your forum. Simplify those or delete them and start again by using the standard Kunena menu. see How do I restore my Kunena menu?

Because your site is hosted on a MS II6 server, there are special issues involved if you want to use SEF URLs. Please read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) , especially read the further reading area at the end of that article, if you are not already familiar with SEO and IIS.

There may also be other issues (e.g. Javascript library conflicts with Mootools but I can't tell because I have not seen your forum yet. For example, can you upload any other files to your site in addition to .doc, .docx or .pdf which you cannot upload? What about .jpg or .txt files?

Did you read K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide before you upgraded from K 1.5?

I may have more questions after you've attended to the matters I've mentioned in this topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adricist

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by adricist
Thanks again,

I will analyze each item in your email and report back next week. :)

Adri

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by adricist
Hi again,

While you have access to the forums, would you mind checking also this for me. Here is where I am at. Regardless of whether I post an image or a file, if I only post one item it does not work. If however I post two, the first fails and from the second onward they work perfectly! :unsure:

At present in order to attach images or files we are having to repeat the first item twice.

At times, while doing so, it will actually take them all. Very, weird.

Can you please do some tests in the very last Forum, called Test and check this. Your input will be gladly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adri

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 800 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : ja_hedera | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.1.0 | creationdate: 10/13/07

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled
Fortunately, the new K 1.7.2 configuration report shows us the relative path to your site. Now that I know where the site is, I was able to test. I could not post an attachment to your site either, no matter how many times I tried (and you should not have to "try" - it should either work or it shouldn't).

Some of the advice I posted earlier is still relevant (I have struck out the parts that are not relevant):

sozzled wrote: Please read and fix first: Legacy mode

[strike]Because we cannot access your forum directly, I can only broad advice.[/strike] You have conflicts among the several menu items that you've defined to access different parts of your forum. Simplify those or delete them and start again by using the standard Kunena menu. see How do I restore my Kunena menu?

Because your site is hosted on a MS II6 server, there are special issues involved if you want to use SEF URLs. Please read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) , especially read the further reading area at the end of that article, if you are not already familiar with SEO and IIS.

There may also be other issues (e.g. Javascript library conflicts with Mootools [strike]but I can't tell because I have not seen your forum yet. For example, can you upload any other files to your site in addition to .doc, .docx or .pdf which you cannot upload? What about .jpg or .txt files?[/strike]

[strike]Did you read K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide before you upgraded from K 1.5?[/strike]

I would like to add that, even though I did not see any error messages to indicate otherwise, it's possible that there's a folder permissions issue. See Securing Kunena

It's my educated guess however that the problem about uploading is caused - in descending order of likelihood:
  1. folder permissions (special case scenarios involving IIS)
  2. Joomla SEO and .htaccess
  3. Joomla menuing (see Customised menus )
  4. Javascript library interference
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by adricist
First of all thanks again for your valuable input.

On this test site Legacy mode is now disabled.

As far as the folder permissions are concerned, we can reliably post when uploading images and files as you can see from my post after yours. Please try a similar combination yourself, Image, Same Image and then PDF, I think you will find that it does work as it does for all our users. I expect that this should isolate the folder permission issue.

What else would this leave for me to check?

Thanks, Adri

More
12 years 1 month ago #9 by sozzled
I cannot add any files: .jpg, .png, .pdf ... nothing.

I do not have write permissions to the ../media/kunena/attachments folder. You may have write permissions in that folder but I don't.

I would like you to look at this posting I made in another topic: 1.7 issue with Attachmemts not showing

It's possible that this is an issue with IIS, or not, I have no way of knowing or testing. I don't think we've excluded the possibility of folder permissions at all. In fact, because you can add an attachment and I cannot add an attachment, this only further points to a security issue. That's why I asked for a non-privileged test account (and I'm so glad that's what I was trying to use). You should try it yourself with the same non-privileged account and you'll see what I mean.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10 by adricist
I just logged in as test user and was able to upload all 3 this time. This is what I meant when I told you that it has been unreliable, generally missing the first but at times attaching it!

It is really weird. Why would I be able to upload under test but you aren't!?

The other reason why I doubt that this is a permission issue is that before we upgraded to 1.7, with 1.5 we had absolutely no issues uploading attachments!

I am using Firefox 9 and I have just now updated to v 10 and done a further test under user test and it went back to 2 out of 3 ! :unsure:

Thanks again and I look forward to your comments,
Adri

Time to create page: 0.780 seconds