Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Template issues under alpha2

• pedrohsi
  • pedrohsi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #1 by pedrohsi
Template issues under alpha2 was created by pedrohsi
I just installed alpha2 under J1.5.18 and also on J1.6 beta3

I have 2 custom templates for K1.6 based on the default template. Regardless of which template i select as the default in the new template manager, most icons and css stuff is loaded from the default template.

Known issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by Dr. Wuah
same probleme on my installation. Doesn't matter what template I choose - the default template css is still used.

Also the "kunena.forum-min.css" file is used instead of the normal kunena.forum.css file. Can you tell us what's the difference?

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by @quila
Hi guys,

well I cant say that is issue, you just need to know how to use templates with new Template Manager. We need to do a little guide on that.

Templates you have will not work properly without some little change.

1) you need to create file template.xml and put in your template directory. You can take that file from Blue Eagle (default) template and just change the name of template inside a file.
2) you need to create a file initialize.php and put in your template directory. That file also you can take from Blue Eagle template but you should change the php code inside to open css file from your own template.

kunena.forum-min.css is the same file kunena.forum.css compressed to improve load of pages in default template. If you want to make some change in the kunena.forum.css you can remove that file (or rename) to load non compressed css file.

Regards

• pedrohsi
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #4 by pedrohsi
Replied by pedrohsi on topic Re: Template issues under alpha2
good to know, now it works, the only thing that bothers me (besides the missing admin menu in J1.6) is that the Kunena forum tabmenu does not appear anywhere :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by svanschu
The Menu is an own Joomla! module with K 1.6 so look if that exist or is published und Joomla Modules

• pedrohsi
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #6 by pedrohsi
i can't find anything under Modules that has got anything to do with Kunena (it doesn't really make any sense to separate the kunena tab menu from the forum itself)

No matter what template or default forum page i use, the Kunena menu does not appear above my avatar.

More
13 years 10 months ago #7 by svanschu
It make sense because you can add and position the kunena menu where you want. It's a normal mod_mainmenu module and the position where you it was before is kunena_menu

You can also make the Kunena menü part of your Top menü or side menu or whereever you want.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8 by woonydanny
LDA wrote:

It make sense because you can add and position the kunena menu where you want. It's a normal mod_mainmenu module and the position where you it was before is kunena_menu

You can also make the Kunena menü part of your Top menü or side menu or whereever you want.

exactly, this is a great feature that the menu is now a joomla module. you can move it wherever you want now. if you are having problems, i would suggest you have the position that it is set to in the backend in your template that you are using

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

• pedrohsi
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #9 by pedrohsi
Am I expected to build the same menu for every single site that I have just like a regular Joomla menu?

This is extremely cumbersome and results in wasted time and resources.
Not to mention styling.

Is there any way to just add the original Kunena menu to the forum under J1.6?

More
13 years 10 months ago #10 by fxstein
pedrohsi wrote:

Am I expected to build the same menu for every single site that I have just like a regular Joomla menu?

This is extremely cumbersome and results in wasted time and resources.
Not to mention styling.

Is there any way to just add the original Kunena menu to the forum under J1.6?

Two things:

1.) Joomla 1.6 currently has a bug when it comes to creating menus programmatically
2.) That menu is created by our installer AND you can recreate it from the Kunena backend - just click the create menu icon - again for Joomla 1.5.18 this works just fine, on Joomla 1.6 there is a menu bug. We are working with the Joomla core devs to fix the issue.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds