Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Question Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/... /userlist/userlist.php on line 369

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by jentekk
Hi,

I'm using Kunena 1.5.13
Joomla 1.5.22

When searching my Userlist for a User I get the following error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/soldplic/public_html/mysite.com/components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/userlist/userlist.php on line 369

Has anyone seen this, and is there a fix?

Thanks!

Jen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
I searched the forum for any previously reported cases of this issue and I could not find any.

A few things to consider: What Kunena template are you using? Does this happen with the default_ex template?

If this is a new installation of K 1.5, have you considered K 1.6 as a possible way to work through this problem? If this is a new installation of K 1.5 have you read Why are people using old versions of Kunena for new installations? We would like to receive feedback from people who are downloading and using K 1.5 when there is a better, more reliable, less error-prone version in K 1.6. Would you have a few moments to spare replying to the topic that I have just mentioned?

This problem (with K 1.5) may not be quickly fixed. I suggest you look at the alternatives that I have suggested in my response.

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by jentekk
Hi and thanks for your quick reply!

Yes, I am using default_ex template.

I'd originally installed K 1.6, but had to uninstall it and install 1.5 as an extension I am using is not compatible with Moo Tools 1.2.4 - that is my issue. :(

I will respond in the topic as you'd requested.

Thanks,

Jen

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()...

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for your reply. As I mentioned previously, I haven't come across this situation before [strike]but it's possible (from what you wrote elsewhere) that another Joomla extension is clobbering Kunena on your website.

What you must do is try to reproduce these conditions on a test site running the J! 1.5.22 and K 1.5.13 and nothing else to see if other extensions are not the cause of this problem. We would greatly appreciate your report if you find that nothing else seems to be a contributing factor. I have tried myself and I cannot reproduce these errors. Sorry.[/strike]

EDIT: further testing ... see later reply
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jentekk

More
13 years 3 months ago #5 by diagusan

jentekk wrote: Hi,

I'm using Kunena 1.5.13
Joomla 1.5.22

When searching my Userlist for a User I get the following error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/soldplic/public_html/mysite.com/components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/userlist/userlist.php on line 369

Has anyone seen this, and is there a fix?

Thanks!

Jen

Hi,
try replacing line 81 of userlist.php:
Code:
$query .= " AND (name LIKE '%{$kunena_db->quote($search)}%' OR username LIKE '%{$kunena_db->quote($search)}%') AND u.id NOT IN (62)";
with this:
Code:
$qs = $kunena_db->getEscaped(addslashes($search)); $query .= " AND (name LIKE '%{$qs}%' OR username LIKE '%{$qs}%') AND u.id NOT IN (62)";
I don't known if it's the correct solution, but it works.

Regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jentekk

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #6 by jentekk
Hi Diagusan,
Thanks for this snippet of code. It's saved my life for now.
I always hesitate altering component files, and only do so as a last resort. But in this case is it critical, and am using it on two sites.
Thanks again!
Jen
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by jentekk.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #7 by jentekk
Hi Sozzled,
I've got K 1.5.13 installed on 2 sites, both using a Joomlart templates, both using Community Builder and various CB module/plugins and both have the same issue... coincidence? Edited... has nothing to do with the templates I'm afraid... please see edited below.

EDITED:

PS I've just installed Kunena 1.5.13 on a totally clean Joomla 1.5.22 installation, no extensions exist on this site the template is the basic bare skin ... and I'm still receiving this message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mysite/public_html/dev.mysite.com/components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/userlist/userlist.php on line 369

SO odd!
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by jentekk.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
I owe you an apology. I went back and tested your situation again. I overlooked the fact that you were trying to search the userlist. This isn't something that I normally do.

Yes, I can confirm that K 1.5.13 has a defect. You cannot search the userlist without generating an error message. This issue does not occur in K 1.6.1.

More
13 years 3 months ago #9 by jentekk
No worries! Thanks for your help and encouragement. I really do believe in always using the most current version of any extension and keeping them updated, but in this very unique situation it wasn't an option. With that said... Kunena 1.5.13 still serves it's purpose with dignity and finesse!!! AND K1.6 is awesome - I did have some time to play with it! Thanks again for these amazing products. :)

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds