Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Question Minimize button on forum table does not work and throws error.

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by monmouthweb
The little box on each right of the tables that minimize the table sections of the forum does not work. aslo throws the error:

Error: jQuery.kunena_cookie is not a function

Source File: mykeld.com/components/com_kunena/templat...s/kunenaforum.min.js
Line: 120

What is this error and how do i enable the minimize? Love your product as well.

Thanks, Larry :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Larry, and welcome to Kunena.

The minimise gadget is Javascript-driven therefore Javascript a good place to start with the diagnosis. So we might need to look if there's some other Javascript-enabled feature that's interfering with this one.

Also, because the internet is stateless, a lot of state-handling - for example, "is the widget minimised or maximised?" - is done with cookies. I am guessing that this is how Kunena works, and your browser needs to be able to accept session cookies.

You might find a other tips in K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

So, let's start with the basics:

Kunena and version:
Kunena template (if not default_ex, what Kunena version was it made for):
Joomla site template:
Web browser and version:

By the way: nice website :)
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by monmouthweb
Thanks for the help. I think that the problem here is that somehow the function is being "seen" by the program. Why does:

if (jQuery.kunena_cookie("upshrink_" + imgId) == 1)

or any of these jQuery.kunena_cookie lines that come across throw this error? How do I allow the program to see the cookie function as a function and not throw the error

jQuery.kunena_cookie is not a function

--

I took out all of the previous JQUERY code in MY index.php of my template and just let the forum run without other supporting JQuery before it runs such as for my tab functionality and it works fine so I think[know] there is a conflict somewhere that is preventing it from running. Where should I begin to look for this conflict and what could theconflict be?

Thanks, Larry

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled

monmouthweb wrote: Where should I begin to look for this conflict and what could theconflict be?

This is where I would begin, by answering a few basic questions:

Kunena and version?
Kunena template (if not default_ex, what Kunena version was it made for)?
Joomla site template?
Web browser and version

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #5 by monmouthweb
I figured it out. Joomla is quirky in that every time you load a new component or module, it may conflict with mootools or reload jQuery. As it stands, the second is true.

Sometimes if mootools are loaded more than once, then a module may stop working and you may get a function not defined or such. You would then need to find the second+ (all of them) mootools declaration and remove them, but I guess that there may be an instance that you "back" into a module and the second one does not load mootools either and is not loaded at all but I have not run into this situation - YET.

This is for all people who have similar problems of "...Not a function"

As you know the easiest way to resolve this is to use jQuery.noConflict(); right after the jquery script declaration and then in all of "your" JQ functions must replace the $ with jQuery. Sometimes it gets tricky as to know if certian ones ($) need replacing, so I used trial and error, and replaced all then worked backwards if something went wrong. Most components set the noConflict and plays nice, but if not you have to do extra legwork. Also, you can use the following code which seems to work as well, without the need to change ever $ - I believe:

CODE:

(function ($) {...}

This did not help my situation. As seen in www.mykeld.com/ I have jQuery tabs on top that I designed and load every page. What needed to be done is this. Rest assured that the component or such gets inserted into the index.php of your template first. then, just before the end head tag place the following code. This will prevent it from loading twice.

CODE:

var JQ = typeof(jQuery);

if(JQ == 'undefined'){
document.write('<script type="text\/javascript" src="js\/jquery-1.4.2.js"><\/script>');
jQuery.noConflict();
}

This started to work fine but for some reason due to the server side and client side issue. The web page can not load the file [append to the page] after the page is loaded and running. I assume there may be some slick way to chage an elements src to equal the javascript library and include the file when needed but i have not found out how. The easiest way I have found to do this is to just use the PHP include, but then only RUN the code if undefined as in the following code:

if(JQ == 'undefined'){
<?php include("js/jquery-1.4.2.js"); ?>
jQuery.noConflict();
}

The problem might be that if you append the src to the dom when needed, a simple alert box might run but there may be things going on in the jQuery library that need to be initialized first before al other scripting runs. I am going to test a few simple external alert box scripts to see if they actually run when needed or not. There may be other factors as well.

Thanks for all of your help - Larry
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by monmouthweb. Reason: change in my answer to be correct.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #6 by monmouthweb
Hey - how do I fix the Sample board (middle table size) of the Categories tab in version
Kunena 1.5.12? I've set the table in the php to 703px like the others and you can see with firebug that it becomes 703px width but never gets resized? The rest of the code was unchanged. Seem ok in IE not in other browsers...

Example page:

www.mykeld.com/index.php?option=com_kune...mid=123&func=listcat

The rest works great - BTW I worked in NJ USA in IT with some blokes from Queensland. They loved their Vegemite on Vita-Wheat. Kept a bottle nearby at work. Actually one of them was Cameron Gregory of www.flamingtext.com/ fame, one of the oldest known (cool) Web Sites.

Thanks a bunch and G'day, mate!
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by monmouthweb. Reason: added text to clarify

More
13 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled
Kunena and version?
Kunena template (if not default_ex, what Kunena version was it made for)?
Joomla site template?
Web browser and version

Time to create page: 0.951 seconds