Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Question IE8 issue - rendering of search button position is off

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by adrcth
The position of the search button relative to the search field if off under IE8 only - the button is higher in relation to the field.

We've tried a variety of edits to the CSS file for fb_button but no luck.

Has anyone else run into this or have suggestions for correcting it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by Cerberus
please provide more information on your setup

joomla version & template
kunena version & template

link to your site and a test login if your forum is registered users only. even a picture of your site would be helpful too.

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by adrcth
Thanks for the quick response.

The site is running Joomla 1.5.7 using the JA_Purity template, Kunena version 1.5.3 with the Default_Ex template.

The forum is at gooddentistornot.com/message-board.html I'm attaching a screenshot showing the difference between the IE8 and IE7 rendering.

File Attachment:

File Name: screenshot.doc
File Size:334 KB
Attachments:

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by Cerberus
both you version of joomla and kunena are badly out of date please update both of them before continuing this support question.

the only supported version of kunena is K1.5.12

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
I have three suggestions for this case:
  1. Advertise, somewhere on your site home page, that if your users have IE8 they should turn on "compatibility mode". Doing this will give you a bit more "breathing space" to attend to the important changes that I will mention in a minute. If you have been running any kind of traffic analysis of your site, you will probably discover that, these days, IE 8 traffic accounts for less and less. Worldwide, Internet Explorer (all versions) accounts for less than one-third of market share and IE 8 is only 16% (source: w3schools.org ). I'm not going into the many reasons why users are abandoning Microsoft's IE8 - I'm merely presenting these facts to put your problem into perspective.
  2. Upgrade Joomla to J 1.5.18. This isn't just a "good idea" it's actually a necessity. I did some searching at the Joomla help forum and I discovered hundreds of examples of CSS-related problems in older versions of Joomla that were fixed with releases after J 1.5.7. As you know, Joomla 1.5.7 was released in September 2009. One month is a long time in the internet world so you can probably imagine the hundreds of changes that the Joomla development team has made through the 11 releases in the last 9 months.
  3. Upgrade Kunena 1.5.12. In the time since K 1.5.3 was released there have been hundreds of changes made to Kunena and many of those related to Internet Explorer issues. Again, this isn't just "a good idea" this is a must, in my opinion. K 1.5.3 was released in June 2009 (it even predates J! 1.5.7) so I'll leave it to you to investigate the changes made through the 9 successive releases over the past 12 months.

You really only have two choices: you can stay where you are, accept the consequences of that decision and figure out how to solve or workaround the IE8 issues by yourself or you can upgrade Joomla and Kunena and let's work together. This isn't the first time I've written this and it won't be the last. If you want further information, please start with K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds