Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question *NEW* Community Builder Template

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #1 by hjames
Well, like the title says I am in the midst of building a new Community Builder template. Let me just tell you that its going to have a butload of enhancements to the standard CB Template and for all you JomSocial enthusiast who can't seem to drop a dime on it, no fear!

No Fear << ?? Thats right, the new template will sport that JomSocial look and feel that a lot of people are all up in Hype about but retain the flexibility that Community Builder has to offer.

Release Date?? Well I am working on it right now so I can't be exact it just depends on how much time I can invest each day. Whats the cost? Well... no direct cost for the template. I am thinking about including it with my CB Plugin Selection package. Buy one get both. This is just an idea. Or I may just wakeup that morning feeling "Sharing" and give it away. You might want to start buttering me up for that one.. lol!

So your probably wondering what this template looks like and all! Have you ever seen JomSocial? lol.. seriously I am pretty much just using their layout and all but bringing it into CB. If you have any experience with Photoshop, Fireworks or any decent graphics editor you should be able to customize it to your liking. No issue's!

Time to cut things short! I will update you all later on.

Any Feautre Request let me know please.. doesn't mean I will include them.

img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cbtemplatei.jpg [/img]

Joomla 1.5.24
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by hjames.
The following user(s) said Thank You: samanoqo, Charl Laas, grim6681, sicsicsic
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 11 months ago #2 by bwkeyboardman
Nice Look,

I may be interested in something like this for a couple community type of sites.

Thanks,
BW
More
14 years 11 months ago #3 by hjames
I assumed most people would be interested simply because CB lacks some of these nice slim looks. (Not knocking CB at all as its my preffered Social Tool) I am simply saying it needs a face lift when it comes to templating and I hope that I can help provide that.

I will have a live demo up soon.

What I am also working on is taking all available CB Plugins I can get my hands on "FREE" obviously and converting them to have a nice little added feature. "Open/Close" that way the users can choose what to see and what not to see at any given time.

I hate that if my users have 10 forum post, 5 groups, etc.... and the page is a mile long that they maybe frustrated having to scroll down for days. This would be a neat little addon to provide everyone here. Unfortunately I have not mastered some of the more slick Javascript like Mootools or Highslide so real nifty effects just aren't there. For the time being it will be a simple open/close mechanism.

Live demo coming soon for this as well.

James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
14 years 11 months ago #4 by utemplates
Amazing!

The main problem I have been having with CB is their old and rather confusing design. I believe that I have spent more time explaining to new users of how to use the functions, rather than actually worked on the website itself.

This is exactly what I was hoping for someone to take the step to complete. Please do keep us updated on the progress. How far have you come so far? Do you have a list of plugins that you have added?

Also, please release this for free ;) Ill give you credits for it
More
14 years 11 months ago #5 by grumblemarc
Sell it.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
14 years 11 months ago #6 by hjames
Thanks utemplates!

Currently I have about 75% of the template complete with the exception of some minor changes that need to take place. As far as plugins go I have only worked on plugins that are essential to my current personal project which include: "UddeIM Inbox", "My Groups", "My Events", "My Links *MTree*" But the hack to make it work is fairly simple and anyone with some basic PHP/HTML skills should be able to pull it off.

The biggest problem I have run into is coding standards, I have to accomodate to everyones different style of coding and that makes one plugin take 5 minutes and the next take 30, so it varies as to how it will all come together.

Once I have more of this put together I will deffinitely update everyone with some frontend use. There are no backend parameters that need adjusting other than in the CB Configuration where you will need to select the new template and the correct widths for Left/Right Margin depending on your personal layout.

Anyhow, I am at work so I better get back to doing just that.

James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
14 years 11 months ago #7 by hjames
Grumble likey?? lol

Joomla 1.5.24
More
14 years 11 months ago #8 by grumblemarc
I like it to the point that I think that something that obviously will require a lot of effort to produce, maintain and support should get some kind of compensation to offset it. Appreciation doesn't pay the bills.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
14 years 11 months ago #9 by hjames
We think alike!

Thanks for the input and keep up the good work! I sent you a PM also so when you have time take a look.

I have come to realize that Joomla! is great and I really like it and the community is just as good if not better then Joomla! itself. The biggest problem is that people feel that because the CORE is Open Source anything else should be as well?? Not always true. The main reason I say this is because of the time and effort involved and expecting someone to donate is a waste of time. Most members as we have seen in the past with FB/BOJ expect everything on a dime and for a project as big as FB was now Kunena they should take a step back and appreciate the volunteers and hard working enthusiast who provide all this code and make their lifes easier.

I ramble sometimes. Anyhow, I agree but do want to include it with another product so its not JUST a template.. lol!

Anyhow I will leave it at that.

I keep getting e-mails showing response so I keep getting sucked back in.

James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #10 by utemplates
grumblemarc wrote:

I like it to the point that I think that something that obviously will require a lot of effort to produce, maintain and support should get some kind of compensation to offset it. Appreciation doesn't pay the bills.

I disagree. Not because of the simple fact that I would want this when its ready (which i do :P ) but releasing it as open source will give more opportunities for modifications and further developments of the script.

Thats my take anyway.

Also, it would be amazing if you could add ProfileBook to your list!
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by utemplates.
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds