Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question How can I have Kunena Forum in Full width

More
15 years 1 week ago #1 by STi
Hello, I'm asking myself how to implement Kunena on muy joomla site but exactly as it shows here in kunena.com website? I use right column position for modules in joomla but when I invoke Kunena from a menu link it displays on the content side but with the right colums making the Kunena forum very shrink.

I'd like to have the forum in full width on mi site, as I said above, just like in this site. Is there any way to invoke Kunena from a menu link in joomla with a full screen width with no right or left modules ???

Thanks for the answers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #2 by grumblemarc
This a commonly asked question so you really should search for the answer.

However the short answer is- Unpublish the left and right modules for the forum. This doesn't work if your Joomla template does not support collapsible module positions (aka SiteGround).

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #3 by STi
Hm yes that is the easy way heheh but the detail is that I use items on right column. I was wondering if I can modify some php or another settings or even have the forum in a new page without joomla related modules, just the forum alone. Thanks for the answer.
Last edit: 15 years 1 week ago by STi.

More
15 years 1 week ago #4 by grumblemarc
Create a blank Joomla template and assign it to the forum.

More
15 years 1 week ago #5 by kai920
You can edit your template's index.php with combination of PHP and CSS to achieve this. for example:

$option = JRequest::getVar('option','');

then, just above the </head> tag, add something like this

<?php if ($option == 'com_kunena') : ?>
-CSS statements to expand your main wrapper to 100% width.
-Hide any side columns.

<?php endif; ?>

More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #6 by dswoboda
grumblemarc wrote:

Create a blank Joomla template and assign it to the forum.

Can you elaborate on this a bit. Are you saying that you can have different pages in a Joomla site with different templates? I will have to look into that as I did not know that was possible.

I tried the following approach to make my forums span the full width, but it only worked partially.

I turned off the option to have a menu appear on all pages and used the manual assignment function to turn it off for my forum page only. I then made a special TOP menu for the forums and told it to only show on forums page.

This worked well UNTIL Joomla wanted to created a page (automatically) then there were NO menus on those pages. It happened on pages made from the READ MORE link, and most of the pages created with the mod AdsManager.

I had to change it all back to the original setup and just turn off any RIGHT col modules.

It appears that Joomla needs to have at least one menu assigned in my template. The template is the free JAMBA template from Joomla Shack.

I'd love to figure our your method of making a custom blank template with just my top my top banner and top menus, then assign that to the forums only.

Thanks,
-David Swoboda
Last edit: 15 years 1 week ago by dswoboda.

More
14 years 11 months ago #7 by djdubuque
I to would like to know how.

More
14 years 11 months ago #8 by svanschu
Dont understand what you want to know?

If your Joomla Template have the width of 100% kunena will also have 100% width when the left and right modules are disabled.

More
14 years 11 months ago #9 by grumblemarc
This is a long running thread over at BoJ. It asks the same thing. Perhaps the answers you need are there.
www.bestofjoomla.com/component/option,co...ew/catid,8/id,15414/

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds