Search Results (Searched for: spam)

10 Apr 2010 07:00 - 10 Apr 2010 07:40
I am getting flooded with useless users who are posting nonsense on my messageboard. Is there any way I can moderate users before they can post on my board - I'm getting sick of deleting users everyday and not being able to stop spam posts before they are listed...any help would be great - here is my board site:
Canadian Lures Messageboard
09 Apr 2010 04:07
4uvak91: xillibit asked you some specific questions: Do you have a shared or dedicated hosting plan, with SSH access? He also suggested that, if you cannot change directory permissions yourself, maybe you could ask your webhost to do this for you.

You were not asked to provide what effectively amounts to an advertisement for your webhost. Your message above was reported to me by another user because it appeared to them to be unsolicited advertising, in other words, spam. Please try to be careful in future and answer the questions that we ask, not expect us to read some advertising blurb that may (or may not) contain any relevant information. If you don't know the answers about what your webhosting service provider offers then it's your responsibility, not ours, to find out. B)

The site administrators and the moderation team do not endorse any webhost service providers and we do not permit advertising of webhosting services or any other services or products unrelated to Kunena.
07 Apr 2010 01:28
I also need very much to have this added as a standard feature. Like others have stated, I have members register and then post SPAM. I'd like to have control over this to have the first x many forum messages be moderated.

Kunena is an awesome forum for Joomla and I truly love it. But I feel it lacks in some of the SPAM controls. We need these tools to better protect our members from SPAM.

Please add this functionality.

JT
07 Apr 2010 01:13
Is there an update on if this functionality is being considered?

JT
05 Apr 2010 12:52
rich wrote:

Es wurde ausführlich getestet und es hat immer geklappt.

Immer auf dem gleichen Server? Wurden versch. Serverumgebungen getestet?

Es ist definitiv auch nichts in die Spam Ordner gegangen.

Wir haben es gestern abend mit versch. Threads getestet. Kein Admin oder Moderator hat eine E-Mail bekommen.

Einstellungen für den E-Mail Versand stehen alle auf JA. Moderatoren sind in den jeweiligen Kategorien gesetzt und freigeschaltet.

Die gleichen Einstellungen funktionieren bei den Versionen unter 1.5.9.

Somit können Serverprobleme ausgeschlossen werden auser es hat sich was Grundlegendes am Code für den E-Mail Versand von Kunena geändert. (was ich aber auf Anhieb nicht gesehen habe)

MfG
05 Apr 2010 02:34
Hallo templatesROYAL,

wahrscheinlich wirst du noch nicht so viele mit ähnlichen Problemen finden, bis jetzt werden noch nicht so viele ein Upgrade gemacht haben.
Es wurde ausführlich getestet und es hat immer geklappt. Das einzige, was mir bei den ersten Tests passiert ist, es wurden die Mails als Spam eingestuft (gmx). Erst als ich diese Mails als "kein Spam" markiert hatte, wurden sie wieder anstandslos weiter geleitet.
03 Apr 2010 03:38
Coming back to this very old thread, I just wondered if Kunena 1.6 has a feature like this? I don't want to spend my time moderating every single post, but I need to be able to approve the first few posts of a new user to assure they are a legitimate use and not just posting spurious amounts of spam.

Cheers,

Phil
30 Mar 2010 02:38
One of the first questions I asked after I joined www.kunena.com was Does the "spam protection system" work in Kunena? Read that and you will understand how the CAPTCHA system works. ;)
29 Mar 2010 01:06
First off, this is a Joomla problem (registration is handled by Joomla), not Kunena.

Second, there is several components and/modules which can help you out.
You could, for example, this combination: recaptcha at registration, automatic cleaning of non-activated profiles, some kind of botblock (registration validator?).
Its all in the JED.

Try have a look here:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...urity/authentication
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/communi...ware/user-management
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/captcha
29 Mar 2010 01:01
Hello,

The best way is to put a captcha thing on joomla! registration part, there are plenty of topics speaking about this in joomla! forums or here.
28 Mar 2010 23:40
I have had my forum up for about a month and now getting what look like spam (possibly automatic) registrations, They do not look like real email addreses and some are very similar but with one character different in each. They never leave any message on the forum. (What does the robot gain from doing this?). How do I stop this? I noticed when I registered on this forum there was a second form to fill out, would this stop it and if so how do I add that to the forum I have.

www.shrivenham100.com

Please help as it seems to getting worse.

Thanks
27 Mar 2010 02:22
BTW: user is moderator only in those categories he has been assigned to. So he doesn't receive emails from those categories where he is not moderator. :) But yes, that's about it. Those two settings currently control all email that is sent to non-subscribers.
27 Mar 2010 01:50
G'day, ericadi, and welcome to the forum. Just one small tip that I'd like to pass on to you (and to other new members of this site) before we get started:
    The
Support category, where you posted your question, is intended to be used to address problems with the unmodified core Kunena software - not to ask how to change it - or to report defects that you are encountering - not to ask questions about how to use the software normally. We give these support topics higher priority than other topics, particularly around the time when there is a new release of Kunena (as there was only a couple of days ago), in order to ensure that defects are not passed on to other users. I have moved your topic to a more appropriate section.I am not quite sure I understand your question. I have not seen a "spam report" as you refer to it. Perhaps you are referring to the "Report to moderator" function? Is that what you mean?

If you mean, "can I control which moderators receive reports from users about problem messages posted in the forum", then if you have enabled the Email Moderators and Email Administrators settings, all Moderators and/or Administrators will receive Kunena-generated mail. Although I have not experimented with the function (that I think you may be referring to) I believe this would be where you would control those things.
26 Mar 2010 20:37
We recently relaunched our website and updated our forum. We've since had a few spammers. Currently, there are about 6 or so people receiving spam report emails when a user reports the post as spam. I'd like to limit who receives those emails. Is there a way I can do this? Thanks in advance for your help.
24 Mar 2010 17:16
Please remember that users do not get email notifications from their own messages. There may be a few reasons why this is happening, and I do not believe that it's Kunena which is causing this:

1) Check if Subscriptions are allowed in Kunena configuration
2) Check if users email address is working -- it may be over quota (which means that he gets no emails until he cleans up his inbox/trash)
3) Check that your server / Kunena email address is not in a spam list of users email provider

And please perform my tests with your own email addresses. :)
Displaying 1636 - 1650 out of 1863 results.
Time to create page: 4.045 seconds