Search Results (Searched for: spam)

29 Jul 2010 04:29
Replied by josh8 on topic Private Messaging Plugin....?
I've just realized this is the module we disabled..... If I enable this again... what can I do to stop it being attacted by spam again...?

would manually accepting new members sort this problem out out ...?
29 Jul 2010 01:49
We have had to disable our pm service from our forum, due to spamming problems...!

Is there a more secure PM plugin we can use.... we really do miss this facility....!
29 Jul 2010 00:13
In my experience of running forums since the days when Compuserve ruled the Internet, is that captcha systems only work to **% (YMMV) efficiency i.e. they can and are beaten regularly if you have a busy forum/site. I've had better luck manually configuring Q&A or a combination.

There are several popular blacklist services with APIs and online lookup such as:
www.spamhaus.org/
www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml

I've found this site pretty useful for quick manual reference but they also have an API:
www.stopforumspam.com/downloads/

What I'm wondering is if there is anything planned for a Kunena plugin for this or similar services?
22 Jul 2010 20:26
cfBlockCountry (Plugin)is really nice solution to block any country to access without using ip address.one of my friend asked me to use this.For example if you want to block access of the site from any IP in United States you can use this plugin. I have used this to prevent unwanted access to my website and you can also use this if going through the same problem . you will definitely feel better after using this. you can download it from the given link below:-http://www.codefire.in/open-source.html
13 Jul 2010 17:57 - 13 Jul 2010 17:58

Matias wrote: Kunena does not list users that have not finished the registration process (most of them are created by bots for spamming). Those users are generally not shown in any Joomla extension.

Having empty pages sounds like a bug, though..

Try to change components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/userlist/userlist.php lines 55-59 into this:

Code:
$query = "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM #__users AS u INNER JOIN #__fb_users AS fu ON u.id=fu.userid WHERE block=0"; if ($search != "") { $query .= " AND (u.name LIKE '%$search%' OR u.username LIKE '%$search%')"; }

This solved my problem. Now it works right also with sef404 enabled.
thank you very very much
13 Jul 2010 17:39 - 13 Jul 2010 17:40
Kunena does not list users that have not finished the registration process (most of them are created by bots for spamming). Those users are generally not shown in any Joomla extension.

Having empty pages sounds like a bug, though..

Try to change components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/userlist/userlist.php lines 55-59 into this:
Code:
$query = "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM #__users AS u INNER JOIN #__fb_users AS fu ON u.id=fu.userid WHERE block=0"; if ($search != "") { $query .= " AND (u.name LIKE '%$search%' OR u.username LIKE '%$search%')"; }
09 Jul 2010 22:13 - 09 Jul 2010 22:19
Replied by Lintzy on topic List of Kunena Features
This was never my intention. I am sorry if you felt offended by my wordings, that also was not my purpose :(

Finally two hints:

1.) My Profile-Settings are okay: But I get no notifying e-mails about new posts in subscribed threads and also not about new PMs. Also don't find such e-mails in Spamfilter.

2.) Some pages on Kunena.com I must click twice, at first click only a white page appears.
08 Jul 2010 15:51

Reincha wrote: today again one spammer posted 80posts at night before we noticed.

How did you allow this to happen? Do you allow non-registered users to post at your forum? Do you allow users to self-register or do you check/verify who is registering at your site? Are these postings all coming from a similar IP address? Are you monitoring your traffic? Do you have flood protection in place at your website - this is a Kunena configuration setting.

There are literally hundreds of counter-measures you can take to prevent this spam from happening.

However, I agree with you, that it's a pain having to delete posts one by one. But it's not so difficult deleting several spam topics at the same time ... even in K 1.5.12. B)

So, if you don't do anything to stop the spam at the source then you're still going to have ongoing moderation work to do.

If you would like one of us to look at your website to see if we can make some specific recommendations, please send me a PM.

Good luck.
08 Jul 2010 15:39
This feature is availible in K1.6 but wont be availble in k1.5 unless someone makes a hack to do this or you install an anti spam registration plugin LIKE ( registration validator 2 (availible on JED)) then you can block certain email domains that are known to be used by spammers and even IPs.

quote: The best way to stop spam is to stop them bein able to register to start with - Cerberus
08 Jul 2010 14:17 - 08 Jul 2010 17:42
yes at that time there were about 600 spam posts. this spam was just a bunch of random letters with no real links to any site. We had to get rid of them fast. splited between few of us and deleted one by one... today again one spammer posted 80posts at night before we noticed. deleting one by one is a nightmare. we have to have sme option to delete all user posts.
08 Jul 2010 03:23
Well, i can nothing say against your argumentation :whistle: ;)
You're right.
Then i will keep it as easy as i can and i will take the green (spammer) "stars" for my partners.
So, "problem" solved.

and thanks for the hint.

greetings to you and the whole Kunena team!
Keep up your great work!

kj
29 Jun 2010 03:34
Hang on a second: are we talking literally hundreds of posts or even one hundred or maybe only a dozen? Before we go tearing off into the great wilderness of SQL database tampering, let's put this problem into some kind of perspective and, for goodness sake, let's not over-react!

I've merged this topic with one another one that took place only a couple of days ago and, in that case, we were able to reassure the user that there are a few painless remedies that he could use. I think you will find those ideas useful to you.

Spammers, generally, do not post "hundreds of posts" at the one time, nor do they usually create hundreds of new discussion topics ... well, not unless you make it really easy for them to do it, anyway. ;)

But, let me state, in a clear and firm manner, we do not recommend to our users to mess with their SQL database. See How To Destroy your forum data...
29 Jun 2010 01:24
No, in fact I don't think any backend has taken place for a few days. The PM is disabled becase of spamming so that hasn't been active for a while.
28 Jun 2010 23:57
By searching this forum i now know that there is no easy way to delete one user all posts. i had one spammer today who quickly posted hundreds of posts.
Maybe there is any hard way?? database edits etc?? anything?
thanks
27 Jun 2010 03:21
You can also use your htaccess file to help you in your "war" against spammers.
Displaying 1576 - 1590 out of 1863 results.
Time to create page: 3.950 seconds