Search Results (Searched for: move forum)

13 Jul 2009 02:58 - 13 Jul 2009 03:00
Replied by sozzled on topic Help with Forums Size
G'day, Pocketss. :)

Here are a few general comments about your questions and concerns.

As you have discovered, you can't upload .DOC files to www.kunena.com (which is why your MS Word document wasn't included in your original posting) and so it makes it rather difficult for us to understand what you have in mind.

Knowledge of Dreamweaver, while useful in constructing web sites, is not particularly useful as far as Joomla and its extensions (like Kunena) are concerned which rely on their installation with a web-based GUI. For everything else there's Notepad (that is, you can modify the PHP source code and the CSS using a text editor).

If you're not well acquainted with Joomla I thoroughly recommend Beginning Joomla! From Novice to Professional by Dan Rahmel (Apress books).

Turning now to your specific questions (which I've slighly rephrased):

1. Is it possible to get redesign Kunena to make it look bigger? Yes. All of the CSS code is accessible. Using a tool like Firebug (see www.getfirebug.com ) will markedly improve your ability to test your changes on-the-fly!

2. Is it possible for Kunena to be positioned on the left side of the Joomla web page? I would also like to have a shoutbox showing while surfing the forums to posting. The placement of your Kunena forum (and any other extensions you use) depends entirely on what Joomla template you choose. From your description, you probably want a 2-column template. Visit www.bestofjoomla.com and other Joomla template sites to see what's available.

3. Is it possible to remove the "Recent Discussion" and others tabs? I am going to use the default view as the Categories. The Kunena default template doesn't have these tabs. The Kunena default template is being phased out (that is my understanding) in favour of default_ex template. I recommend the default_ex template but the choice is yours. There are other templates available, too.

I hope some of these general observations help.

Cheers

sozz :)
12 Jul 2009 18:53
Yes it is possible, easy to do. But I'd like to point out, that the users don't know then, that there are subforums.

Edit kunena.forum.css

and set a display:none for fb_cc-subcat and for div.fb_cc-table

#Kunena div.fb_cc-subcat {
/*display:inline-block;*/
float:left;
vertical-align:top;
display:none;
}

#Kunena div.fb_cc-table {
/*display:inline;*/
display:none;
}

And to remove the remaining border, remove the red coloured line

#Kunena div.fb_thead-child {
border-top:1px dotted #D4C9AD;
clear:left;
margin-top:4px;
}
12 Jul 2009 14:38
Hi guys,

I'm using Kunena for quite a while now but always missed a more complex and detailed option to control user permissions.

Then I discovered this thread:

www.kunena.com/forum/114-hacks/9208-rest...it=10&start=60#22824

Well, so far, control works just fine, but unfortunately Kunena just supports usergroups assigned directly in Joomla's user admin.

As you can assign users to multiple groups in control, I thought of a solution to implement this into Kunena. So, I started with a very basic script that:

1. matches joomla user id to control user id
2. collects group ids a user was assigned to in control
3. checks if a certain usergroup is assigned to a specific user and returns true or false

Basically this works pretty fine as a standalone script. I now tried to adapt this into the kunena permissions script which did not work out, yet. I assume the error is within the groupid and userid used in the permissions but I could not figure out how to solve this, yet.

Here is the Script:
Code:
include("db_connect.php"); $userid = $_GET["id"]; $groupid = $_GET["g"]; $req = "SELECT * FROM `#___core_acl_aro` WHERE value = '$userid'"; $res = mysql_query($req) OR die(mysql_error()); while($row = mysql_fetch_object($res)) { $usrid = $row->id; } $sql = "SELECT * FROM `#___core_acl_groups_aro_map` WHERE `aro_id` = '$usrid'"; $result = mysql_query($sql) OR die(mysql_error()); $data = array(); while($row=mysql_fetch_row($result)) { $data[]=$row[0]; } if ( in_array($groupid,$data) ){ //user is in here; let pass return 1; } else { return 0; }

Of course, the get values have been removed for using it in kunena but it was handy to check it standalone ;)

Now I tried to implement it into kunena permissions, right before the usual group permission check. The idea is:

a. kunena checks the control assigned user groups
b. if there is no match, it checks the groups in joomla_user_db
c. if still there is no match, it continues checking for mod/admin access.

Now, I hope you got it and maybe some of you have an idea how to make this work within Kunena?!

Thanks a lot.
12 Jul 2009 11:32
Hello,

I am in the process to setting up a website. I wanted to install forums on there. I was able to download and install the Kunena forums successfully. But the layout looks a bid odd. I was wondering if someone could help me out.

The Questions are:
1. is it possible to get the Forums to be resize to be bigger?
2. Can they cover the 'Left' side of the page in joomla? I would prefer to have the shoutbox showing while surfing the forums to posting.
3. The Tabs "Recent Discussion", and others. is it possible to remove those? I am going to use the default view as the Categories.

I have attached a word document with the picture of the layout. As you can see I don't have any photoshop/dreamweaver yet. I could get access to them for a short period of time if I need to. But I would need to do what I am doing ><

Thank you for all the Help in Advance. I am going to try and schedule some time on a machine which has Dreamweaver and Photoshop so I can attempt to make changes that you guys recommend.
12 Jul 2009 02:11
Replied by MartinD on topic phpbb3 to Kunena
New Keunena user here - I have a development site runing CB and Joomla - I also have PHPBB bridged but soon as I came across Kunena 1.5.4 I really liked it..

Since I have removed the bridge on my test site and started playing around with Kunena 1.5.4 but I want to import the data from my PHPBB 3 forum becuase I have over 500 topics and 164 members..

I would love to test the converter for you..

Look forward to a release..
11 Jul 2009 15:54
You should use K1.5.3 language file as a base for BOTH Kunena 1.0.11 and 1.5.4. Kunena uses identical English language file in both releases.

---

New translation (after K1.5.3):

// 1.0.11 and 1.5.4
DEFINE('_KUNENA_MOVED', 'Moved');

Please note that the translations for these strings (131-136) have been changed:

DEFINE('_KUNENA_ERROR_INCOMPLETE_ERROR', 'Your Kunena installation is incomplete!');
DEFINE('_KUNENA_ERROR_INCOMPLETE_OFFLINE', 'Because of the above errors your Forum is now Offline and Forum Administration has been disabled.');
DEFINE('_KUNENA_ERROR_INCOMPLETE_REASONS', 'Possible reasons for this error:');
DEFINE('_KUNENA_ERROR_INCOMPLETE_1', '1) Kunena installation process has failed or timed out (try to install it again)');
DEFINE('_KUNENA_ERROR_INCOMPLETE_2', '2) You have manually modified or removed some of the Kunena tables from your database');
DEFINE('_KUNENA_ERROR_INCOMPLETE_3', 'You can find solutions to the most common issues on our community documentation wiki: <a href=" docs.kunena.com/index.php/Installation_Issues ">Kunena Documentation Wiki');
11 Jul 2009 12:25
This is quite easy. :)
  1. Create a menu item out of your "General" category (see Menu Item to Forum Category for how this is done).
  2. Remove your existing menu item link to the forum and replace it with the one you have just created (name it "Forum" or something meaningful).
After doing this, when your users click the "Forum" menu item they will be taken directly to the "General" category. B)
10 Jul 2009 21:54
Hi Donkey12,

Is there any other way to locate this file?

In your language file --> Search:
Code:
DEFINE('_KUNENA_SAMPLE_FORUM1_TITLE', 'Welcome Mat'); DEFINE('_KUNENA_SAMPLE_FORUM1_HEADER', '[b]Welcome to the Kunena forum![/b]

Regards
10 Jul 2009 20:42
donkey12 wrote:

Hi Spock,

Thank you for your reply.
I'm the administrator of the forum.
I've already tried to delete the message both from back-end and front-end with no success.
From front-end: it's impossible to edit the message. As mentioned earlier, I get an error message about its size.
From back-end: I can't see the see the message in the forum administration tree.

With thanks

Hi,

Sorry about your problem.

The error message is unrelated to the welcome message. If you get an error message about too little memory, it means your php config is not setup for the amount of plugins and modules you have installed. Raise the memory limit in your php.ini file to get past that problem.

The welcome message is just a thread like any other. You can edit, move or delete it, just like you would with any regular thread.

Again the error message is unrelated to this and will come up with any thread you would want to edit.

Hope this helps!

fxstein
10 Jul 2009 19:28
Hi Spock,

Thank you for your reply.
I'm the administrator of the forum.
I've already tried to delete the message both from back-end and front-end with no success.
From front-end: it's impossible to edit the message. As mentioned earlier, I get an error message about its size.
From back-end: I can't see the see the message in the forum administration tree.

With thanks
10 Jul 2009 15:02
Replied by Lintzy on topic phpbb3 to Kunena
Here is the newest information about it

www.kunena.com/forum/134-installation-up...-to-kunena-153#23123

Matias wrote:

There's currently no easy way to migrate from phpBB3 to Kunena. Information will also be lost in the conversion (polls etc), but if you don't remove phpBB tables and files from your server, I have plans to make the converter to fetch missing/broken information later (yes, I do have backups from my own phpBB forum).

My converter will initially have support for phpBB2, PNphpBB2 and phpBB3. It will be relatively easy to add support to other forums, too.

Currently conversion from phpBB2/3 works, at least in some environments, but there are still issues with some illegal/similar usernames in Joomla. I had plans to finnish my converter right after K1.5.3 was released, but plans changed when our new baby was born. I believe that I have some time to fix the last known issues in few days from now.

10 Jul 2009 14:09
Replied by Matias on topic From PHPBB3 to Kunena 1.5.3
There's currently no easy way to migrate from phpBB3 to Kunena. Information will also be lost in the conversion (polls etc), but if you don't remove phpBB tables and files from your server, I have plans to make the converter to fetch missing/broken information later (yes, I do have backups from my own phpBB forum).

My converter will initially have support for phpBB2, PNphpBB2 and phpBB3. It will be relatively easy to add support to other forums, too.

Currently conversion from phpBB2/3 works, at least in some environments, but there are still issues with some illegal/similar usernames in Joomla. I had plans to finnish my converter right after K1.5.3 was released, but plans changed when our new baby was born. I believe that I have some time to fix the last known issues in few days from now.
10 Jul 2009 05:30 - 10 Jul 2009 05:32
For whatever reasons, you can disable the feature as I indicated in my previous posting (which also explained its purpose if you'd followed the links I included) by using the configuration setting Components » Kunena Forum » Kunena Configuration » Frontend » User Related » Show Karma indicator = No
10 Jul 2009 05:14
You can rename the word "karma" to something less offensive (see Rename Karma ) or you can disable the feature (see What is "karma"? ). :)
10 Jul 2009 05:07 - 10 Jul 2009 05:42
Karma is a "spiritual idea" not everyone agrees with. I like the forum, but the "Karma" feature is not very desirable. How do I remove it so the word karma isn't seen anywhere.

Thanks
Displaying 4876 - 4890 out of 5309 results.
Time to create page: 4.562 seconds