Search Results (Searched for: move forum)

30 Aug 2009 13:49
I am having the same problem. i removed all modules in the left and right user panels and it is still small. please check out what I mean www.321kiteboarding.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,95/
I really want it to show all the way across, and be a dedicated forum not so hard to read. thanks if you can help.
Brett
30 Aug 2009 02:52
Thank you very much Matias!

With your help I managed to remove the meny "category, advanced..." and the breadcrumbs. Unfortunately, the forum doesn't start inside the category of my choice.

I use a template called "we love kunena". The two lines you gave the advice to change is right next to each other at line 170:

function KUNENA_get_menu($cbitemid, $fbConfig, $fbIcons, $my_id, $type, $view = "", $catid = 0, $id = 0, $thread = 0, $is_moderator = false, $numPending = 0)
{
return '';
$func = strtolower(JRequest::getVar('func', ''));
if ($func == '') // Set default start page as per config settings
{
$func = 'showcat';
$catid = 4;
}

Still the forum won't start inside category 4. Have I written the forum id in a false way?

Best regards Tomas
29 Aug 2009 09:08 - 29 Aug 2009 09:11
Thanks for the response but thats not really similar.

What I mean is to show all the stats area at the foot of the forum index page to only logged in/registered members, and to not have it shown to public viewers.

Its a private forum and only admin approved registrations can log in, therefore I want to hide all information from public view but leaving a single category and locked message visible for information.

Generally I think this should be a feature anyway as the stats can give away a couple of things about your board you might not wish, such as the total category number listing, it shows the total without adjusting for the number of hidden etc.

I may look at restricting the menu access to registered only and move the information I want to display to another part of the site if what I wish to do is not possible.
28 Aug 2009 23:13
Hello,

I have a J! 1.0.15 installation with FireBoard 1.0.4 Stable in it. Then I have a J! 1.5.10 installation with Kunena 1.5.5 in it.

Can I export all data from my FB installation and import it in to the Kunena installation? I don't want to use one of the migration tools for the whole site. It's only the forum info like posts, topics and images I want to move.

Is this possible?

Best regards
Nicklas
28 Aug 2009 20:19
You need to do some manual coding in order to change default page and to remove kunena menu.

Menu can be hidden by disabling function call in your template:

fb_layout.php, around line 170 there is something like this:
Code:
function KUNENA_get_menu($cbitemid, $fbConfig, $fbIcons, $my_id, $type, $view = "", $catid = 0, $id = 0, $thread = 0, $is_moderator = false, $numPending = 0) { $func = strtolower(JRequest::getCmd('func', '')); if ($func == '') // Set default as per config settings {

Just add
Code:
return '';
in the beginning of that function:
Code:
function KUNENA_get_menu($cbitemid, $fbConfig, $fbIcons, $my_id, $type, $view = "", $catid = 0, $id = 0, $thread = 0, $is_moderator = false, $numPending = 0) { return ''; $func = strtolower(JRequest::getCmd('func', '')); if ($func == '') // Set default as per config settings {

To point into your main category (if there will be no other main categories!) you need to change line 307-320 from:
Code:
if ($func == '') // Set default start page as per config settings { switch ($fbConfig->fbdefaultpage) { case 'recent': $func = 'latest'; break; case 'my': $func = $kunena_my->id > 0 ? 'mylatest' : 'latest'; break; default: $func = 'listcat'; } }

to:
Code:
if ($func == '') // Set default start page as per config settings { $func = 'showcat'; $catid = YOUR_CATEGORY_ID_HERE; }

It should work..

For the breadcrumb look at fb_pathway.php file. It lists the path to current forum/action. Calling return in the beginning of the code should remove most of it..
28 Aug 2009 19:11 - 28 Aug 2009 19:12
Hello!

Kunena is really a fantastic tool! A bit tricky in the beginning thought...

Could anyone take a look at my forum at "medicinhistoria.nu" forum-button?

First, I would like that the forum button linked directly to the cathegory "Medicinhistorisk diskussion". I tried to do it as an external link, but the page disapeared when I removed the old link.

For the second I would like to remove the "kategorier, senaste diskussioner, avancerad sökning"-meny.

And finally I would like to remove the breadcrumb with the arrow from the little house.

Is this possible to do?

Best regards Tomas
28 Aug 2009 03:34
Yes, I know that.. My own forum hasn't been upgraded to the latest builds because of I haven't had time to do it..

There are some nice merge/diff tools out there which will help you to locate your changes from the original version.
28 Aug 2009 01:28 - 28 Aug 2009 01:29
yeah it is, first you have to modify a migrator for fireboard thats move all your posts to phpbb2 then you have to use vbulletin migrator to import the phpbb2 forum posts.

I know it is a lot of work, let me know if you successfully did this :)
27 Aug 2009 23:46
Replied by Matias on topic Bots destroying forum! HELP!
In frontend you can delete threads from category view. You should enable Spam protection system (CAPTCHA) in Kunena configuration to make posting harder if you're anonymous user.

Maybe the easiest way is to take phpMyAdmin and individually delete messages from there. Then you can run second query to remove message text and recount stats from the backend..
26 Aug 2009 15:31
Replied by Matias on topic Disappointed from Kunena
I've been recovering from the flights and a nasty virus which I got just before leaving to the airport after Dev Meeting.

I'm currently working on Kunena 1.5.6 to fix the regression we made in K1.5.5. Otherwise Kunena 1.5.6 will have no other fixes/features as I want to get the new release out within a few days after we have properly tested it.

We are not dropping support for Kunena 1.5, but we will focus mostly on bug fixes from now on. The reason is that we see no future for Kunena if we keep using all our resources to make new features for old legacy (JoomlaBoard/FireBoard) code, which does not work well in Joomla 1.5 and which does not work at all in Joomla 1.6.

Our original plan for Kunena was to create a new forum software for Joomla 1.5 without taking legacy code from FireBoard with us. Unfortunately for us FireBoard project died -- someone had to take over the project and to support its users. So instead of releasing FB 1.0.6 we renamed the last FB to Kunena 1.0.6 and released it by ourselves. What we didn't expect was the popularity of our software. So instead of implementing the new Kunena 2.0 we ended in fixing over 1000 bugs in the legacy code.

Now it's finally time to move forward. We are taking different direction from FireBoard: they tried to make new features (FB 2.0) on top of the old code. Unfortunately I have learned in half a year that changing something in the old code is not easy. Every new feature will most likely break something that you didn't expect because of the current code is not well structured.
26 Aug 2009 12:57 - 26 Aug 2009 15:41
Replied by Krycek on topic phpbb3 to Kunena
Fran, if you succeed to and your only trouble is user avatars... I guess you'll be able to find the trick over forums (I remember having seen that somewhere) else Google's your friend ^^.
We could also think that users may be able to upload them back, cleaning up old inactive users data, no ?

Matias > Did you succeed to step ahead regarding user sync ?

Edit :
I succesfully corrected the user sync problem after migration with a SQL update of Kunena's tables.

1- I exported the PHPBB3_users and jos_users table to excel, mapped new ids, removed bots and created a CSV file with phpbb3_former_id and jos_final_id that I imported via PHPMyadmin.

2- Second step is to update the kunena's user table with new ids :
Code:
/* Update jos_fb_users table with new ids */ UPDATE `jos_fb_users`,`test_mig_users_id` SET `jos_fb_users`.`userid`= `test_mig_users_id`.`final_jos_id` WHERE `jos_fb_users`.`userid`=`test_mig_users_id`.`former_phpbb3_id`; /* Update jos_fb_messages table with new ids */ UPDATE `jos_fb_messages`,`test_mig_users_id` SET `jos_fb_messages`.`userid`= `test_mig_users_id`.`final_jos_id` WHERE `jos_fb_messages`.`userid`=`test_mig_users_id`.`former_phpbb3_id`;

One issue remain is to have each user post count with REAL post count... only found one hack to do it ... Any implementation foreseen ?

One question more : my current migration is only for tests purpose. Can I delete all jos_fb tables and Kunena before final migration ? Would that make any issue to delete the DB tables ? Will Kunena/Fireboard reinstall them itself ?
26 Aug 2009 04:57
Replied by basnet on topic Disappointed from Kunena
i was running a forum on phpbb3, but i was satisfied with the look and compatibility of phpbb3. so moved to kunena and all i got is disappointment. i had posted queries but they never got a reply. i am having a problem with dyfunct preview and my signature doesnt display. if my users cant preview their post, thats a big let down for my website.
if any one can solve my problem???
i am thinking about going back to phpbb3 now. kunena is great but it has got lot of bugs and they go unresolved.
25 Aug 2009 19:53
Solution:

Remove the code around line 301 at \components\com_kunena\template\default\showcat.php
Code:
<?php get the Moderator list for display $fb_queryName = $fbConfig->username ? "username" : "name"; $kunena_db->setQuery("select m.userid, u.{$fb_queryName} AS username FROM #__fb_moderation AS m LEFT JOIN #__users AS u ON u.id=m.userid WHERE m.catid='{$catid}'"); $modslist = $kunena_db->loadObjectList(); check_dberror("Unable to load moderators."); ?>
25 Aug 2009 16:41
Just a note, it would be good to add how you solved it so others can see as no doubt someone else will want to know this as well.

cheers

:)
25 Aug 2009 12:33
Displaying 4756 - 4770 out of 5309 results.
Time to create page: 3.876 seconds