Search Results (Searched for: mode draft)
Category: K 3.0 General Questions
I have been happily using kunena and will continue to do so in the future but there are a list of items which would make it even better for me, especially now my forum has grown quite large. So here goes, here is my wishlist
1. The ability for users, mods and admins to mark their topic with a label. This is not the same as the 'solved plugin'. This ability needs to be as flexible as possible, so in the backend the admin can define terms eg. Solved, Read, For Sale, Sold, Answered etc or any other term they come up with and also the admin can set which of these terms the frontend user can set their post to and which terms only admin can. So if in a classifieds category a frontend user could label their post For Sale and when their item is sold they could themselves change the label to Sold. However, in other circumstances users may label their posts Question, and only have admins change their labels to Answered or Resolved. The list of labels is endless and if it is done this way it keeps it flexible to allow people to use this how they use their forum. It needs to be flexible so people can use the feature for more things that just 'solving'.
Below is an example of what i mean - where labels like Solved, Question, Problem etc have been created and forum posts have been labelled with them. (this is the Joomlart forum)
2. More statistics! Eg most users online ever, most users online in 24hrs, users online in last 24 hrs etc
3. Ability to change the location of the users attachments. Currently it is /media/kunena but I would like the option to be able to set my own location e.g. /media/pictures or images/forum etc
4. Ability for users to lock their own topics
5. Option to have a search box at top of the current category you are viewing that only searches within that category being viewed
6. Integrate Joomla 3 tags into Kunena (I note Matias' response on this)
7. Kunena moderator log - who did what to whom. Some sort of workflow so that admins and moderators can see who deleted/moved/edited which message/topic and when. also who banned which member and when. This is a must with a large forum and keeping track of what has been done and what is to do and ensuring no doubling up. Also a message/ticket system that responds to users that send a report to 'Report to Moderator' so that a moderator can attend to ticket and when resolved can close ticket.
8. Lock topic´s after xx time of inactivity
9. I understand kunena want to distance itself from Jomsocial, but close integration is still a must for majority of community sites. I hate having the two profiles (kunena profile and jomsocial profile. I only want to use the jomsocial profile, but allow users to be able to view subscriptions, favourites, signatures etc from there. Currently you still get taken to kunena profile on numerous links even with the plugin published.Also be good to publish jomsocial fields in the users forum post display
10. Ability for users to save a draft of a post
11. The Who is Online list of names shown at the bottom of the forum still inaccurate, i know this has been a long saga and usually goes back to blame the joomla core, but surely there must be some sort of way of better dealing with this.
12. Ability for admin to unsubscribe users from topics (or categories) in the backend. This is required when a user's email is no longer valid and admin gets hundreds of 'message not delivered' emails
Category: K 2.0 General Questions
When a user of my test forum reports a post to a moderator he get this error message
Please refer to www.thecentre.theinternetconsultancy.co....forum/list-of-groups ... it is a test site, so feel free to play with the posts. Please use the login details in this confidential note.
Go to the category 'Self Defence', choose either topic and report that topic to the moderator. When you submit you get the error above. I don't understand this, as the site is online and the email setup is (probably) OK. However, I did create the first draft of the site locally on MAMP before using Akeeba to upload it to the web host.
I have looked at my email settings in my Global Configuration, with the help of my web host, and we think it is OK. If you want the details you can get to the backend with these confidential details.
I am using Kunena 2.0.2 on Joomla 2.5.6
By the way, Guests who register receive their registration emails OK.
I'd appreciate some guidance on this.
Thanks very much
Category: K 1.7 Common Questions
Bases Loaded- wrote: xclaimceo wrote:
I think the best hitting coach is the HITTER!
The best hitting coach in the world can't make the adjustments for him if the hitter is unwilling.
You can't expect them to learn anything from a half hour session if they can't go somewhere and work on the adjustments.
The best ones I've seen are the ones that have the time to feed them 500 balls every other day for the summer. It's kinda like old school! swing the bat untill your body gets tired of missing and makes the adjustment for you. There's obviously more to it than that but it's pretty simple. They learn to hit whether they want too or not!!
I only know two coaches that will do this and every year I watch them walk players into college and the draft. Even the supplimental draft.
X, I have to disagree with you on this one. In my opinion, its more about the quality of swings than quantity. Obviously you need a certain amount to stay fresh, but when your body gets "tired of missing" it will start putting band aids on your swing. Pretty soon its full of band aids. I just went through that with Alex. Jared broke him down, made it simple and now I just maintain it 3 times a week with soft toss and a little live throwing. But every once in a while you need an outside perceptive. Especially since Alex doesn't listen to me anyway. "
This message contains confidential information
Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct
Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |This message contains confidential informationhtaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 2MThis message contains confidential information
Joomla default template details : jsn_epic_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 2.0 | creationdate: May 2008
Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07
Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:Warning: Spoiler!
[th]Kunena config settings:[/th]
board_title TravelBallSelect.com board_offline 0 board_ofset 0 offline_message <h2>The Forum is currently offline for maintenance.</h2>
<div>Check back soon!</div>
enablerss 1 enablepdf 1 threads_per_page 40 messages_per_page 10 messages_per_page_search 15 showhistory 1 historylimit 6 shownew 1 jmambot 1 disemoticons 0 template default showannouncement 0 avataroncat 0 catimagepath category_images/ showchildcaticon 1 annmodid 62 rtewidth 450 rteheight 300 enableforumjump 1 reportmsg 1 username 1 askemail 1 showemail 0 showuserstats 1 showkarma 1 useredit 1 useredittime 604800 useredittimegrace 600 editmarkup 1 allowsubscriptions 1 subscriptionschecked 1 allowfavorites 1 maxsubject 50 maxsig 300 regonly 1 changename 0 pubwrite 0 floodprotection 10 mailmod 0 mailadmin 0 captcha 0 mailfull 0 allowavatar 1 allowavatarupload 1 allowavatargallery 1 avatarquality 65 avatarsize 2048 allowimageupload 0 allowimageregupload 1 imageheight 800 imagewidth 800 imagesize 150 allowfileupload 0 allowfileregupload 1 filetypes zip,txt,doc,gz,tgz filesize 120 showranking 1 rankimages 1 avatar_src fb_profile pm_component userlist_rows 30 userlist_online 0 userlist_avatar 0 userlist_name 0 userlist_username 0 userlist_posts 0 userlist_karma 0 userlist_email 0 userlist_usertype 0 userlist_joindate 0 userlist_lastvisitdate 0 userlist_userhits 0 latestcategory 0 showstats 1 showwhoisonline 1 showgenstats 1 showpopuserstats 1 popusercount 5 showpopsubjectstats 1 popsubjectcount 5 usernamechange 0 rules_infb 1 rules_cid 3582 help_infb 1 help_cid 2867 showspoilertag 1 showvideotag 1 showebaytag 1 trimlongurls 1 trimlongurlsfront 40 trimlongurlsback 20 autoembedyoutube 1 autoembedebay 1 ebaylanguagecode en-us fbsessiontimeout 1800 highlightcode 0 rss_type topic rss_timelimit month rss_limit 100 rss_included_categories rss_excluded_categories rss_specification rss2.0 rss_allow_html 1 rss_author_format name rss_author_in_title 1 rss_word_count 0 rss_old_titles 1 rss_cache 900 fbdefaultpage recent default_sort asc alphauserpointsnumchars 0 sef 1 sefcats 0 sefutf8 0 showimgforguest 1 showfileforguest 1 pollnboptions 4 pollallowvoteone 1 pollenabled 1 poppollscount 5 showpoppollstats 1 polltimebtvotes 00:15:00 pollnbvotesbyuser 100 pollresultsuserslist 1 maxpersotext 50 ordering_system mesid post_dateformat ago post_dateformat_hover datetime hide_ip 1 js_actstr_integration 0 imagetypes jpg,jpeg,gif,png checkmimetypes 1 imagemimetypes image/jpeg,image/jpg,image/gif,image/png imagequality 50 thumbheight 32 thumbwidth 32 hideuserprofileinfo put_empty integration_access joomla integration_login none integration_avatar communitybuilder integration_profile communitybuilder integration_private none integration_activity none boxghostmessage 0 userdeletetmessage 0 latestcategory_in 1 topicicons 1 onlineusers 1 debug 0 catsautosubscribed 0 showbannedreason 0 version_check 1 showthankyou 1 showpopthankyoustats 1 popthankscount 5 mod_see_deleted 0 bbcode_img_secure text listcat_show_moderators 0 lightbox 1 activity_limit 0 show_list_time 720 show_session_type 0 show_session_starttime 0 userlist_allowed 0 userlist_count_users 1 enable_threaded_layouts 0 category_subscriptions post topic_subscriptions every pubprofile 1
Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4
Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 1.0.19_Beta
Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled
Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4
To start off with let me explain a couple basics:
We will be shipping more than one template with Kunena 1.6, potentially also more than one language. The screenshots here are the new default template with category specific coloring enabled - that is optional and allows you to color messages of a given category individually. Several colors are pre-set and additional once can easily be added through simple css.
Amongst a long list of changes, we have replaced the tabs on top of the forum with a custom Joomla menu, that gets created during install. It can be moved to other positions, entries can be unpublished, re-ordered - anything Joomla can do. When publish outside of kunena_menu it will retain your templates formatting.
Lots of design cleanup in html and css - most aren't visible in these few screen shots. The profile page is going through a complete rewrite - so what you see is work in progress. A new moderation screen is in the works, but note ready to be shared.
The new default buttons are text-less, meaning the text inside the button comes from the language file. Translating them no longer requires editing images. Subscriptions can be made on a category level - hence the subscription button on the category view.
Polls have been added and can be configured by category.
SQL/performance and SEO/SEF improvements are not visible, but a significant portion of our work.
We are also switching to mootools 1.2 so some more java script rewrites are in progress. This will pave the way for even better Joomla 1.6 integration. Given the early stage of Joomla 1.6 we have not done much testing to see what compatibility issues require our attention.
Work not yet started: New image/file attachment ajax/mootools based. Upload images and attachements while you are at the post/edit page. As many as you like.
Several men months of our dev time have already gone into this. We hope to have the essential features ready for install (demo here on the site) in the upcoming weeks. I realize that we wanted to move faster, but as you can see a lot of good work is going into that release and we are confident it will be worth the extra wait.
Other things you can't see here are things like: No more intermediate screens after posting or editing a message. Go straight back to the thread.
If you want to follow us along here is a link to our developer activity stream:
Have a great day!
Color coded categories:
Menu placed into Joomla template menu position:
No replies tab (as will all tab positions this is optional and can be controlled from within the Joomla menu manager)
Inside a color coded category: (colors can be freely adjusted)
Early draft of new user profile pages.