Search Results (Searched for: )

13 Sep 2015 22:38 - 13 Sep 2015 22:39
After you have installed the "bootstrap 3" (beta) version of Crypsis, can you please post your configuration report again, please? Thanks.
13 Sep 2015 22:30 - 13 Sep 2015 22:35
Thank you for your configuration report. As 810 advised earlier in this topic

810 wrote: You have a bootstrap 3 [Joomla] template. You need to download the [bootstrap 3] version of crysis ...

What he did not do was to give you the link to the download page (and, I also think he meant Crypsis not "crysis").

You can download the Crypsis B3 (beta version) template here: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/releases/...4.0.5_2015-08-17.zip
13 Sep 2015 21:25
After more than two months (and no response from the developers) I am marking this topic as unresolved.

I think that the only lesson we can learn is this:

If you want to use Kunena Discuss plugin with your forum to allow "guest posting", you must disable Joomla caching first.
13 Sep 2015 20:48

sozzled wrote: It would help to see your configuration report . I am interested in knowing what Kunena forum template you are using.

13 Sep 2015 20:11 - 13 Sep 2015 20:12
It would help to see your configuration report . I am interested in knowing what Kunena forum template you are using.

I do not know anything about products from Shape5.com (except what I have read in this forum ). I think you should read the developer's official advice about Crypsis and different Joomla templates.

I have only found one source of Joomla templates that are compatible with the "bootstrap 3" version of Crypsis (and that source was not Shape5.com ). Good luck in finding an answer to your problems. :)
13 Sep 2015 04:04 - 13 Sep 2015 04:08
Replied by sozzled on topic anonymous posts
I understand point (a) above.

betteryouthanme wrote: (b) ... no matter if the checkbox above is ticked or not ... [and]

(c)
quick reply: the checkbox is right after the username, there should be a line break.
regular reply: the tick box should be infront of the Anonymous Post title or a line break after the title.

This may be a Crypsis B3 defect and the developers should respond to your question. Thank you for clarifying the issue.

I suspect, however, because most people do not use Purity III template for Joomla (or Kunena's Crypsis forum template), this topic may not attract much interest within the community. Based on the questions asked in the forum (and from the configuration reports that people have submitted with their questions), most people are still using Kunena's Blue Eagle forum template. On the basis of what I've read in this forum, Crypsis has not been the "marketing success" that the developers may have hoped for.

Do you have any issues using the Blue Eagle template?
13 Sep 2015 02:32 - 13 Sep 2015 02:32
Yes, but only if the database table is type MyISAM.

There may be performance considerations to be investigated if people change from the more common/typically-used InnoDB type. :unsure:
12 Sep 2015 22:58 - 12 Sep 2015 23:01
Replied by sozzled on topic anonymous posts
I'm not sure I understand the issue here. It may help to see your configuration report that can assist us in determining the "problem" that you illustrated in your screenshots (below).

Can you describe

(a) the steps involved to produce the problem;
(b) what is the exact nature of the problem. For example, is it just that you are unclear what is meant by
  • "This post contains sensitive information. Remove all information from this post."; or
  • "You are posting this message as a guest"
(c) can you explain what you mean by the "styling" not being as you expect? :S

If there is a defect here, I am sure that we all want to learn more about it and what needs to be done to fix it. Thanks for your involvement in Kunena. :)
12 Sep 2015 21:55

oconnor wrote: Could someone explain to me how I can delete a users topic or reply to a topic?

I am not sure that I understand the question.

Are you asking how to delete your own topic or are you asking how to delete a topic that someone else created? Are you talking about how to do this in your own forum or are you asking about how to do this in a forum that is managed by someone else. You may find the information in this article is helpful: Moderator's tools . Unfortunately this article is out-of-date and there is no user documentation for Kunena 4.0.

On the second part of your question, I cannot understand why you are unable to locate the REPLY or QUICK REPLY options on your forum. It may help if you watch the video that will help you submit your configuration report .

oconnor wrote: I keep getting the following error:
Error
You have entered information to an obsolete form from another session. Please verify that the user account is yours and please try again!

Yes, this sometimes happens if the Kunena session time (default value is 30 minutes) is different to your Joomla session time (default value is 15 minutes).

You might find some of this information helpful:

oconnor wrote: Also is there anyway to automatically stop spam? Like limiting the time before a user can post again.

I have written much on this subject. You may find the information in this article can help: How to stop forum spam in Kunena
12 Sep 2015 21:28

kunenauser40 wrote: In WAMP because is in local PC, the .httaccess is as httaccess.txt (because you cannot create such a file in windows).

Strictly-speaking, that's not entirely true. Yes, I realise that you cannot create a file called .htaccess under the Windows operating system and you cannot rename a file called htaccess.txt to .htaccess You can, however, download the file .htaccess from your live site to your PC and use that.

I have written about "support" from this community for people who use their own PC-hosted servers. I understand that some people like to try things out using software like WAMP, XAMPP, MAMP, etc.. Experimenting in a single-user test environment liek WAMP may be useful but it's not like the "real thing", is it?
11 Sep 2015 20:34

csommer wrote:

sozzled wrote:

kunenauser40 wrote: Tell to all the users of the website to enter to their profiles in kunena to disable by themselves manually the subscriptions and every time before they post to uncheck the "tick" in the subscription (which is very annoying)

That's probably the best way to tackle this problem in the long-term.

Does anyone know how to make this setting available to users when integrating with Community Builder (it appears not to be available)?

This preference setting is only available as part of the Kunena user profile; your users cannot change their preference if you use Community Builder or JomSocial user profiles with your forum.
11 Sep 2015 08:43

syhussaini wrote: How can I safely drop credentials so that they are visible to only you?

You cannot do that here because I am not a forum moderator. You can use the confidential BBcode tag for the forum moderators/administrators of this site but, because I am neither of those, I cannot help you here.

Perhaps 810 (who is a moderator here) can help you if you send your account details here "wrapped" with the confidential tags.
10 Sep 2015 23:28

syhussaini wrote: I'm afraid ì cannot do that since it is a client site.

Can you take a look at URL and help:

mgs.zaha.in

Just by giving us the URL of your website will not help unless there is some way for someone to see the problem online. If you are unable to provide an account for someone to help you then, I'm sorry, I don't think anyone can resolve this problem for you. You may like to read the FAQs page that discusses some of the issues we are talking about.
10 Sep 2015 23:24 - 10 Sep 2015 23:25
10 Sep 2015 23:18
I am not sure how to respond to this question because K 3.0.5 was superseded about 14 months ago (when K 3.0.6 was released) and the developers have stated that (from 31 August this year) they do not support K 3.0.

Secondly, J! 3.4.1 is also out of date and it may be a good idea to upgrade to J! 3.4.4 before you try anything else.

Thirdly, you may obtain better support advice by contacting the manufacturer of Community Builder. The answer may depend on the version of Community Builder that you have installed.
Displaying 376 - 390 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.744 seconds