Search Results (Searched for: )

23 Sep 2015 00:17

xristo wrote: so hypothetically, if there's only 1 change that fixes this issue, I can resolve my problem by performing the changes here?

It's not a hypothetical; you need to replace the file in Kunena before you can install any other template in K 4.0.5.
22 Sep 2015 20:56 - 22 Sep 2015 21:00

sozzled wrote:

Gigababy wrote: I have installed the latest version of Joomla, Kunena and Kunena Search Plugin...

Have you looked at the FAQs page?

Gigababy wrote: Yes...if had a look at all different kind documentation and the FAQ page.

I meant that it would be a good idea to read the FAQs page to learn how to provide your configuration report so that the developers may understand more about the problem.

I use the latest versions of Joomla, Kunena and the Kunena Search plugin and I do not have any problems showing my forum posts with the Joomla search feature. Therefore I do not understand the true nature of this problem without further information.

My guess is that you have not enabled something, as 810 also suggested, in the Joomla search plugins—yes, there are more than one—that you are trying to use on your website. 810 and I could both be wrong but, without further information from you, there is not a lot we can do to help.

By the way, I understand that you do not mean you are looking for threats in your forum, that is things that may be dangerous. I think you might mean posts or messages instead of the word "threat" (or thread, perhaps?).
22 Sep 2015 12:07
I will let you decide how you want to have this topic relocated. I believe your problem is related to a post J! 1.5 site migration issue. I have written before about post-migration issues in this forum and elsewhere.

If you want a response to a problem caused by K 4.0.5 then, by all means, have the topic moved into the "reporting defects" category and let the developers try to help you there.

If, as I suspect, the problem is caused by Community Builder then the "CB" category is better, in my opinion, and I may be able to assist you there.

I have studied this topic and the only configuration report I have seen is in the first post. Therefore, unless I saw an updated configuration report from you, I would only be guessing as to what you might try next.
22 Sep 2015 11:42

Gigababy wrote: I have installed the latest version of Joomla, Kunena and Kunena Search Plugin...

Have you looked at the FAQs page?
22 Sep 2015 09:35
I have stayed out of this topic for a couple of reasons:

1) The topic talks about a "defect" in K 3.0. The developers stated over one month ago at the time of the release of K 4.0.5:

K 3.0 is no longer an active project and support for K 3.X will cease on 31 August 2015.

Therefore the category could be locked at any time and I would not be able to give you my thoughts.

2) I do not know if this is a defect with Kunena or a problem caused by using Community Builder. Evidently the developers and moderators have been unable to help you find the cause of the problem as well. There is a separate category where people can discuss problems they may have using Kunena with Community Builder.

In my opinion it may be better to move this topic to the Community Builder category. Of course I cannot move this topic for you (and you cannot move this topic yourself) but you can ask the moderators to move the topic for you.

I understand that some people will have difficulty using the Kunena - Community Builder integration plugin . I admit that I have not used Community Builder for some years and I am not well versed in answering questions about this component.

Access control can be particularly troublesome.

Some years ago, when there was no serious access control in J! 1.5, Community Builder provided a way for people to secure their forum categories. Since J! 1.6, there has been less need to rely on Community Builder's access control mechanism. Kunena relies on Joomla's ACL access control.

Some people believe they can use Community Builder instead of Joomla to control access to their website assets. I make no comment about that.

If you look at just about any of the posts I have written on this forum, I recommend the following forum integration settings (if you are using Community Builder) shown in red text below:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Enabled: access=0 login=0 activity=0 avatar=1 profile=1 private=0
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=1
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Enabled: private=1

You should also be using the latest version of Community Builder (version 2.0.10)

If you require help with Community Builder, perhaps the first place to start is with the good people at Joomlapolis

When you wrote that you were having problems with your "old [categories]", perhaps a good place to start is to look at the permissions for those categories with the Kunena Category Manager. When you say that these are "old [categories]", are they old because you migrated your website from J! 1.5? Perhaps some things were not properly finalised as part of that Joomla migration?

I do not think you will need to move topics from your "old [categories]" to the newer categories. I do not think you will need to have to ask your users to re-subscribe, either.

I will do the best I can help you but I believe I have given you a few things to think about as a start.

The first suggestion I would make is that you ask the forum moderators to move this topic to the Community Builder category and, that way, we will not lose the ability to keep giving you the help that you have asked for. The moderators will not move this topic because I have suggested it; the moderators here do not agree with most of my suggestions as to where topics should be located. :)
21 Sep 2015 11:37

venecam wrote: You must disable the private messages on Community Builder plugin configuration and turn on on Uddeim configuration. That made it work right for me!

Yes that sounds like good advice to me. I would use the settings marked in red text below:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Enabled: access=0 login=0 activity=0 avatar=1 profile=1 private=0
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=1
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Enabled: private=1
19 Sep 2015 22:53

GFirehold wrote: I just need ... where players of the project can post their application to get unbanned [and] no other user should be able to post under it.

Leaving aside the question about how people were banned in the first place, the answer to your question is yes unless these people are prevented from being able to login to your website.

So, before I give you more information, I want to be absolutely sure that I understand your question. Are the people, whom you want to be able use the forum to request that they be unbanned, prevented from logging-in to your website?

There are other ways you can allow people to send their applications to request the restoration of their privileges. Perhaps the easiest method is to create an email account, allow your forum moderators to have access to this email account, and put a signpost on your site that says "Send your request to be unbanned to this email address". Simple, if that is the only thing that you want to do.
19 Sep 2015 21:50
The short answer to this often-asked question is yes and no. You can control who can create topics and who can reply to topics using the category settings in the Kunena Category Manager. There is a short tutorial about the Kunena Category Manager in the Wiki article Simple forum setup instructions .

Allowing anyone to post but only the forum moderators to reply is an extension of the basic principles I have outlined above. You need to assign your forum moderators to a Joomla ACL group and then you can use the Kunena Category Manager to allow members of that particular ACL group to be the only ones to reply to topics in those specified categories.

I have produced a video tutorial about how you can allocate your forum moderators to become part of a Joomla ACL group. See How to create a "moderators-only" category .

The difficult part of your question is being able to allow someone to create a topic and be able to continue to reply to that topic but not be able to reply to another topic (started by someone else) in the same category. This kind of feature is often found in help-desk applications. Kunena is not well-suited as a true one-on-one help desk application.

So, to answer the second part of your question, it's a lot more difficult to control that level of granularity down to the single user. Kunena uses Joomla ACLs to control forum security. Joomla typically does not assign a unique ACL group to each individual user (in the same way as, perhaps, you might find in enterprise-wide implementation of a commercial operating system). If Joomla allocated an individual ACL group to each individual user then you could create a category for each user to ask their question. It's possible but it's messy.

Kunena is primarily used as a web-based discussion forum: many people discussing topics with many other people replying. If you want a web-based "expert-panel" consulting application, I think you might be better to search for a help-desk application on the JED .

I hope some of this information helps.
19 Sep 2015 21:20
You want to drag-and-drop an image, stored on another website on the internet and use it on your forum. In effect you want to be able to hotlink another image without having to write the necessary BBcode . You are not interested in the legal, copyright or theft-of-bandwidth implications involved in hotlinking someone else's images on your own website.

If I have understood your question correctly, then I have the knowledge to answer it. The answer is still no, you cannot drag-and-drop an image hosted on another internet website and use it on your forum. Inline linking of images embedded in Kunena can only be done with BBcode .
19 Sep 2015 06:32 - 19 Sep 2015 21:58
Replied by sozzled on topic Templates

810 wrote: Please ignore Michael's reply.

I was talking about support for K 4.0—Crypsis, in particular—and future support for K 5.0 and whether the template at this website would work with either of these things. I have no idea what your unnecessary response was about.

Is this a question about Kunena version 4.0? If this is a question about Kunena 4.0 then please answer this question: does the Rockettheme Kirigami template for Joomla work with K 4.0 Crypsis without any changes? Yes or no?

If the answer is that K 4.0 Crypsis does work with Kirigami, why is Crypsis not used here on this website? If the answer is that there is nothing preventing K 4.0 Crypsis being used with Kirigami then, by all means, you can ignore my earlier reply to this topic.

If, on the other hand, there are other matters involving the Kirigami template that oscarfishlover should know then I think you should be frank about informing him what else he may need to be aware of. That was the purpose of my earlier reply.
18 Sep 2015 23:15

jimmer71 wrote: I am looking to add the functionality of having Joomla articles with a discussion of a particular topic. In Kunena Discussions it seems all comments go to one particular place within the forum. I would like to have the discussion go along with the topic. Is there a plugin for this or does discussions have the ability and I missed it.

I have written a few guides on this forum to help people understand a little about using the Kunena Discussions settings. I will probably write an updated guide again someday. It would make a good article for a 'blog.

The first topic that may help you is A Kunena Discuss workshop: How to allow my users to comment on my Joomla articles in my forum . The second topic is Kunena Discuss "quick and dirty" instructions for use . I hope that some of this information will help you.
18 Sep 2015 23:04
Replied by sozzled on topic Templates

810 wrote: This joomla is from rockettheme - kirigami.

For everyone else's information, the site template here is a J! 2.5 template—it will not work on the latest J! 3.4 websites. This also means that people will not be able to use K 5.0 if they use J! 2.5 also.

This message contains confidential information
18 Sep 2015 22:57

ashutoshsnm123456 wrote: Can you please confirm this issue can be arise due to SH404SEF component.

These kinds of problems might arise because of a [badly configured] website using sh404SEF, yes. These kinds of problems might arise because of a wrongly configured .htaccess file, also. These kinds of problems might arise if you have a folder named /forum (or a folder that is named the same as a menu item alias). These kinds of problems are most likely to occur because your Joomla menu items are broken.

You are asking us to recommend a solution when we know almost nothing about your website. I understand that you do not want to post your configuration report—I respect people who refuse to provide the information in their configuration report—however you must also understand that, without your configuration report, you are asking us to guess what is the problem.
18 Sep 2015 04:35 - 18 Sep 2015 04:58
This is not one of those "routine" tasks that are easy for novices. I don't think there is a single web-based discussion forum that someone can lift from one website and transplant into another website without having a pretty good idea of what to do, what can go wrong, and what to do when something goes wrong.

Yes, there are plenty of general guides that discuss how to move a Kunena forum from one site to another site . As rich wrote, it's basically a case of exporting the Joomla user tables (and the ACLs) from one site, and importing them into the other site. The next step is to export the Kunena database tables from the original site and import them into the other site. I would use a tool like phpMyAdmin to do that. Last of all, you need to copy the attachment files.

Moving data around, helping people with problems like yours, is something that many people (including me) do for a living.

A lot of people ask for a step-by-step guide for everything from how to write CSS to how to drive a car. For example, I could say that to start a car you need to insert the key in the ignition switch but many people do not know what an ignition switch looks like and some cars do not even use a key to start the engine.

If you get errors when you try to import SQL data it sounds, to me, that there is something suspiciously wrong with either the source data or the SQL setup on the target site. My guess (my suspicion) is that the source and target sites are not "identical" in terms of Joomla and/or Kunena versions. Alternatively, there could be something broken with Kunena and J! 3.4.4.
17 Sep 2015 00:34 - 17 Sep 2015 00:34

Kotsolis wrote: The issue has been reported by many users in my forum. Have a look ...

I am not going to "have a look" at this while you continue to use a broken forum template (4.0.0-BETA1).

Your database has errors. If you do not want to fix those errors, that's not something anyone else can fix for you. If you cannot fix these problems yourself (or with whoever is maintaining your website) then there are plenty of professional services that you can engage to remedy your problems.

The problem may or may not be that "Thank you(s) can be deleted by anyone". The problem is that we have advised you on several occasions to update your forum template and you will not do that. When you update your forum template to K 4.0.3 then, maybe, you might get some help.
Displaying 346 - 360 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.705 seconds