Search Results (Searched for: )

01 Dec 2015 21:56
As a matter of curiosity, what version of Joomla were you using before your site crashed?
01 Dec 2015 21:52

butchjax wrote: I can't do anything because I can't login to the ... back end

Then this indicates that there's something more serious or sinister happening than merely the result of updating some "plugins". This suggests that your site is compromised—a euphemistic way of saying that your site has been hacked—and, perhaps, the best way to escape from your dilemma is to restore your site from the last backup taken before the problems began, accept that you may lose some information in the process, and then move forward.

Good luck.
01 Dec 2015 19:59

Nikiniko wrote: If yes is it possible to choose the kind of CAPTCHA ?
I mean letters, numeric captcha,pictures,click to confirm that you are human,etc

Yes and no. It depends whether you use the Crypsis template or some other template.

Yes, Kunena uses Google reCAPTCHA. Yes, Crypsis uses the Joomla Captcha - ReCaptcha plugin settings to choose between version 1.0 or 2.0 of Google reCAPTCHA. If you use a "non-HMVC" template—Crypsis is the only HMVC template in existence—the answer is no. If you use a "non-HMVC" template you use the Kunena configuration settings irrespective of the Joomla Captcha - ReCaptcha plugin settings. No, after you have chosen the Kunena template you will use (remember, Google reCAPTCHA is the only CAPTCHA software that operates with Kunena) you cannot "choose" how the reCAPTCHA will be displayed except to refine the colour scheme a little.

The article Using CAPTCHA spam protection in Kunena contains more information.
01 Dec 2015 19:43
Replied by sozzled on topic IP Address Tracking feature

810 wrote: if you go to the backend -kunena - users - select a user, then on the last tab you can see al users on the same ip.

I would like to correct a small detail in the reply. If someone—a forum moderator—edits a message, you will also see the editors' usernames in that list of IP addresses.
01 Dec 2015 19:33

dsibilant wrote: Is there a way to specify for each article into which category the comments will go?

It is unfortunate that there is no documentation to explain how to use the Kunena Discuss plugin. The "best" that I can find for you are two general topics:

dsibilant wrote: Second question: I want only registered users to be able to post or reply in the regular Kunena forums, but for guests to be able to comment on articles. Is this possible? What settings do I need to change?

I gave that open forum pubic accessibility. In my Kunena configuration I have "Allow Guests to Post/Write" on Yes. Right now only registered users can post comments.

There are a couple of things you need to do before guests can post on your forum. First of all, as 810 has mentioned, you need to modify the forum category permissions for the categories where the comments are collected to give Guest the ability to reply to topics. Secondly, and most importantly, you need to disable Joomla caching; if caching is enabled guests cannot use the Kunena Discuss plugin to comment on your articles .

However, as 810 has already written, if visitors can use the form generated by Kunena Discuss plugin (when they view the articles/blog) they can also post replies to other topics (in the same category/categories) where they have permissions.
30 Nov 2015 19:14 - 30 Nov 2015 19:16
Replied by sozzled on topic Subscription not working !?
There may be several reasons why you do not receiv email notifications.

One common reason is that email notifications for subscriptions are not sent to the account that posted a new topic or reply in a subscribed category or topic. A simple way to test if email subscriptions are working requires two accounts. One account has to subscribe to the topic. The second account posts a reply to the topic and then check if the first account receives the email. If you are subscribed to a topic and you post a reply in that topic, you (the author of that reply) will not receive an email notification of the reply. That's normal.

Another reason you may appear to not receive emails could lie in your email client or your mail postbox. It might be possible that your email client rejects mail from your domain, places the mail in the junk mail folder, or your mailbox might be full.

Yet another reason might be that the email account configured for your site is blocked from sending mail or improperly setup in the Joomla or Kunena configuration settings.

As you can see, there could be several causes. I do not know what is the cause in your specific case because I do not know anything about your website.
28 Nov 2015 23:01 - 28 Nov 2015 23:04
Yes, you only have sections. You need to create categories in those sections. You cannot create new topics in sections. You can only create topics in categories. See Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) .

It may also help to read You do not have permissions to start a new topic!? .

Sometimes people create a new category and then lock it before they have created a new topic. If you lock a category before you create a topic, the category becomes a section. It's just one of the peculiar "features" of Kunena.
28 Nov 2015 22:57 - 28 Nov 2015 22:58
Replied by sozzled on topic button thank
1. Are you logged-in? Only logged-in registered users of your forum are able to use the Thank You feature of Kunena.

2. Are you trying to "thank" your own messages? You cannot "thank" yourself. If you are viewing messages posted by you, you will not see the Thank You button.

3. Have you tried to use the standard K 4.0 Blue Eagle template? The Kunena developers have made a number of changes since K 4.0.0 was released: some of these changes affect third-party templates causing some features to not work and, in some cases, causing fatal software errors when people use third-party templates. If you have doubts about templates from third-party developers and K 4.0.7 try using the default K 4.0 Blue Eagle template before you report this to the developers of your Kunena template.

I hope some of this helps you to identify the cause of your problem.
28 Nov 2015 21:24

chiripas wrote: All existing thanks you from all users are still present and there is no option to remove them.

What do you suggest?
I suggest to add the option to remove all existing thanks you.

I do not support the idea of "removing" the thank-yous that people have already received (but that's a personal choice if that's what you really require) and I do not support the idea of adding additional features to K 4.0 (because new features create new problems) but I have a simple solution.

If, like nine out of ten people who use Blue Eagle, you want to hide the display of thank-yous, add the following line of CSS to your template:
Code:
#Kunena div.kmessage-thankyou { display: none; }
27 Nov 2015 22:43

dbeezley wrote: Mainly, I do NOT want users to "Create Account" from the Kuena link. It would be fine if there was no logon place on Kuena at all.

This is what I was trying to explain. Yes, I agree with you. I think the best solution in your case is to disable (remove) the "Kunena login form" from your forum and let users use the CB Login module instead.

I am guessing (because you have not posted your configuration report ) that you should use the forum integration settings as I showed you in my earlier reply. Did you make those changes?
27 Nov 2015 22:10 - 27 Nov 2015 22:10
I think I understand the problem and I think I have a solution. This is more a Community Builder issue than it is a Kunena issue; it would be better if this topic was moved to the Community Builder category, however I do not think the forum moderators will do that for us.

If I understand you correctly, you want your users to be able to login to your website on the same page as where they see your Kunena forum. Is that right?

Unfortunately, if you use the standard Kunena login form for your users to login, the appearance of the registration link is—as 810 implied—controlled by the Joomla User Management options . Therefore, in your case, you have to choose between using the Kunena login form or using the CB Login module.

I am not sure what your Kunena configuration settings are (because I have not seen your configuration report ), but I suggest you modify the forum integration plugin settings as shown in red below:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Enabled: access=0 login=0 activity=0 avatar=1 profile=1 private=0
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=0
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Enabled: Disabled
27 Nov 2015 21:32 - 27 Nov 2015 21:37

hsmith wrote: Would uninstalling and reinstalling kunena and all plugins work?

I do not think this will make the slightest difference in your case. I also do not believe that using a different Joomla template will make affect your problem.

I went to your website. I see the problem. The problem is caused by the way that you have implemented SEF URLs and the way that your website re-routes the destination of the Search (and, possibly, New Topic) menu item(s).

If you plan on using sh404SEF and continue to have problems using Kunena then my suggestion is to create a new topic here, on this forum, in the sh404SEF category. In that way you will receive the proper help you're after.

You might also like to read some background information about sh404SEF and Kunena in the topic To what extent does sh404SEF support Kunena?

When you wrote that you "tried all that", I assume that you meant you uninstalled or disabled all plugins and/or components that are not related to Kunena or Joomla. Is that what you meant? Did you try to uninstall sh404SEF?
27 Nov 2015 19:48
Replied by sozzled on topic Attachments not working
I see that you are using uddeIM 3.0. I have seen other reports of problems with older versions of uddeIM and Kunena. I think it would be a good idea if you updated uddeIM; I believe the latest version is v. 3.7.
26 Nov 2015 22:58 - 26 Nov 2015 23:04
This looks like it could be fixed by making a few small changes to the CSS on your website. Without knowing anything about your website (or how much you know about CSS), the only thing I can recommend is that you look at the FAQs page under the heading "How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?"

Yes, from the screenshots you posted I see that you have a problem but, unless someone can actually see the problem in real time, it's not easy to diagnose or prescribe a solution that suits your particular case.

Line 93 of the file <your-site>/family/templates/lt_event/css/default.css says:
Code:
img { width: 100%; }

Suggest you edit this file (comment out the line) like this:
Code:
img { // width: 100%; }

That would be one way, perhaps, to address this issue.
26 Nov 2015 22:44

vip991988 wrote: I insert "disableclick.js" to template's index.php but now i install Kuena Forum .

Please help me "disableclick.js" still work in my site except Kuena Forum.

I do not know anything about disableclick.js. It may be an idea to discuss this particular need with the developers of that software so that it does not affect the way that Kunena works on your website.
Displaying 256 - 270 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.645 seconds