Search Results (Searched for: )

31 Mar 2016 00:34
Replied by sozzled on topic Recaptcha 2.0 ?
You cannot use reCAPTCHA v 2.0 with Kunena Blue Eagle template. See Captcha not working

Kunena Blue Eagle template (and all 3rd party templates derived from Blue Eagle) does not allow you to use reCAPTCHA v 2.0. You can only use reCAPTCHA v 2.0 with the Kunena Crypsis template.
30 Mar 2016 04:14
Replied by sozzled on topic Avatars
Do you know how to post your Kunena configuration report?
29 Mar 2016 23:20

jimrowland wrote: Does anyone know of any reason not to, with the latest Joomla and K4?

See the developer's response >>> here <<<
29 Mar 2016 23:18
Replied by sozzled on topic Avatars

HansKims wrote: I have done that but i can´t find where in Kunena I shall activate to upload the avatar. I have looked around and cant find it. (I want the user to upload their own pictures as avatar)

If you would like to get a faster answer it might help to provide your Kunena configuration report .
29 Mar 2016 04:17
I don't know if there's much help for you here. You are using a very old version of Kunena that was superseded over a year ago.

Have you thought about updating your Kunena?
28 Mar 2016 01:22
Replied by sozzled on topic menu tabs font color
I'm sorry, I misunderstood you.

You cannot change the font colour on the hover with the Kunena Blue Eagle template settings, but you can write your own CSS rule, something like this:
Code:
#Kunena #ktab a:hover span{ color: #ff0000 !important; }

(Choose your own colour, of course. In my example this produces a red colour).
28 Mar 2016 00:16

isiway wrote: I have a small community with an internal forum where everybody should be notified of ANY new post.

Please note that, even with a "small community with an internal forum", it may be illegal in some countries if people receive unsolicted emails from a website and do not have the option to "unsubscribe" themselves. I discussed this matter in one of my blog posts . If you have a small community, it may be a good idea to write to each person and tell them about how they can subscribe to a forum category themselves and see how that approach works. :)
28 Mar 2016 00:12
This is broken in K 4.0 (since about the time of K 4.0.3). See the discussion here: Truncating attachment filenames to a meaningless three characters

It has not been looked at by the Kunena developers. Sorry.
28 Mar 2016 00:08

810 wrote: Oh my bad, Kunena 4.0.10 is working on PHP7, so you can switch on php7.

I forgot my pr was merged in the joomla package.

What was the GitHub reference to the PR you are talking about?
28 Mar 2016 00:07
Replied by sozzled on topic menu tabs font color
You should be able to change the menu tab hover colour by editing the Kunena Blue Eagle template settings:

Kunena Template » Blue Eagle » Basic Settings » Hover Tab Color

You may have to force a page reload on the frontend in case the CSS is cached in the browser.
10 Mar 2016 22:25 - 10 Mar 2016 22:25
Replied by sozzled on topic How To Remove Topic Icons?

313designs wrote: I haven't been successful in getting an answer as to why the Topic Icons are displaying vertically when I go to create a topic.

There are many possible reasons why topic icons (or other elements of Kunena) may display vertically instead of horizontally.

Some possible reasons are explored in the following topics:

There have been other cases reported as well. In all cases, the fix is to make some changes to the CSS. If you want help to customise your CSS, there are people who can do this. Some people charge a few dollars to assist with customising CSS. If you want free help then you may have to wait a while. If you want "immediate" help then it may be worth considering paying a few dollars to get professional assistance. In any event, in order to help you it is necessary for someone to login to you site and see, at first hand, what is happening.

313designs wrote: So I'd like to remove them all together - is that possible?

As far as I know (and I could be wrong) there is no configuration setting to remove topic icons. It's possible to remove topic icons by creating your own Kunena template. It's also possible to hide the icons with CSS but the actual code depends on whether you are using Blue Eagle or Crypsis (or perhaps something else).

One other way to figure out your own solution is to use a browser-based web-design tool (like Firebug for Firefox) and experiment with different CSS rules. Alternatively, try a different Joomla template. Sorry, I can't be more specific that this.
27 Feb 2016 20:34

beyond wrote: Is there a function to allow users with Jomsocial profile or Jomsocial points above 1 to post on the Kunena forum?

Kunena is a Joomla component. Kunena uses Joomla ACLs to define who can or cannot post messages on a forum. Kunena has a limited interoperability with JomSocial. The interoperability between Kunena and JomSocial extends to such things as "earning points", utilising features of the JomSocial user profile and private messaging.

There is no connection between whether or not a user has a JomSocial user profile or has aquired a certain number of Jomsocial "points" that controls a user's ability to post on a Kunena forum. In the many years that I have been involved with Kunena, people have asked for all kinds of mechanisms to control who can post on a forum and who cannot .

I am not aware of anyone being successful in providing an alternative to Joomla ACLs to control who can or cannot post in a Kunena forum based on JomSocial "privileges".

beyond wrote: This should be ACL but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm not sure I understand your question.
27 Feb 2016 20:23

rob-it wrote: You need to have 3(!) levels to be able to post:
- SECTION
-- CATEGORY and
--- a SUB-Category

Not really self explainable and absolutely unneeded if the forum should be kept tiny

Actually, that's not right. You should only need (as minimum)

SECTION and
|__ CATEGORY

I sympathise with people who find it difficult to understand the concept of sections and categories (and we all agree that the documentation on this part of Kunena is hard to find and even harder to find!) but I may have a clue as to why you've found it necessary to create sub-categories under existing categories.

The subject of this topic that says "You do not have permissions to start a new topic!". There are many topics in this forum on this subject.

rob-it wrote: I still do not understand why the 1st level Category is not open for postings.

Perhaps you may have created the "first-level" category and then locked it? If you lock a category , before creating any topics in that category, no-one (not even the forum moderators or administrators) can create topics in that category. Is that what you may have done?

Locking an empty category is one of most common mistakes people can make.

rob-it wrote: Hi 810, I'm not sure what you do mean as my Forum should be restricted to registered users only. Or do you mean that the Section itself should be always set to "public"?

It shouldn't really matter if you make a section accessible to "public" or to "registered"; it only matters if you want to allow the public to see the if a section exists or not. The configuration setting

Kunena configuration » Security » Security Settings » Registered Users Only = Yes

will hide your whole forum from non-registered visitors, yes, if that's what you want to do.
27 Feb 2016 20:01

lanceschuler wrote: Is there a way to backup just the forum rather than the whole site?

As I have written before , there are essentially three parts to the Kunena forum:

1. Kunena data (tables);
  2. Joomla users; and
  3. forum attachments

If you make copies (e.g. use phpMyAdmin to export the data tables) of the Kunena and Joomla users tables, and make a copy of all the files in the folder ../media/kunena/attachments, then you've backed up the forum data and you would able to restore this information on another website if that's what you wanted to do. The only other thing you would have to do is to install (or re-install) Kunena after transferring the data that you copied earlier. Does that make sense?
25 Feb 2016 21:04 - 25 Feb 2016 21:06

chiripas wrote: I remember [the] option [to allow username changes] was part of the kunena configuration options.

Good question; you were right. In K 3.0 there was the configuration setting:

Kunena Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Allow Username Changes = Yes | No

The default value for this setting was No.

The feature (to allow username changes via the Kunena configuration) was removed in K 4.0. As rich wrote, even though there is no documentation for it, the ability to allow people to change their user name for Kunena is now a Joomla configuration option.
Displaying 211 - 225 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.686 seconds