Search Results (Searched for: )

25 Apr 2016 05:09 - 25 Apr 2016 05:11

buzz50 wrote: How can I change the tabbed menu in Kunena ... from tabbed to nav-pills?

I have written a tutorial on how you can easily do this with CSS. See Transform the Kunena Blue Eagle menu from “tabs” to “nav pills” .

buzz50 wrote: I would like to have drop down menus.

Sorry. The Kunena menu doesn't support drop-down menus.
25 Apr 2016 01:28
Replied by sozzled on topic Subscription Problem

Nikiniko wrote: i did and rechecked 2-4 times these settings.

I suspect—I may be wrong—that you're looking at the wrong settings. I mean these settings (in your user profile on your website):

25 Apr 2016 00:52
Based on your configuration report, it is my guess that the checkbox on your forum (when you login)—Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic—is checked by default. This means that, if you do not uncheck that item when you create a new topic or post a reply on your forum (every time you post a message on your forum) you will be subscribed and therefore you will receive notifications.

This issue was discussed in the topic Please disable "Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic" at www.kunena.org . Look at your profile settings at your forum to see if you have this setting enabled.

Check your subscriptions tab on your profile at your site to see what topics and categories you are subscribed to. To stop receiving email notifications, you need to unsubscribe from topics and categories. I hope that helps.
24 Apr 2016 23:50 - 24 Apr 2016 23:57

Nikiniko wrote: Dont get pissed , i dont do it to piss you but to bother you less.

I don't think this kind of attitude will get you sympathy. I have suggested to you what might help and, if you don't think this is helpful, I respect your opinion. You also have to respect my view that I'm only trying to assist you if you really want help.

Nikiniko wrote: If i will need help i will ask already half road is the post.
Now if you want to investigate the bug, is something different and i can post you the configuration report.

I don't think that it's necessarily a "bug" with K 4.0. As I mentioned earlier, there are many topics in this forum that answer questions about "subscription problems" that may help you. Choosing which topic(s) that relate to your specific issue, however, is a bit more difficult if you don't want to provide some more details about (a) what version of Kunena you are using, (b) what configuration settings you have defined, or (c) how you may have defined your Kunena profile settings. These pieces of information, taken together, will help to point you more quickly to resolving your problem.

It's not a case of me investigating whether this is a "bug" (as you've called it)—investigating bugs is something that the developers will or will not do. I'm only trying to help you. Finally, it's your choice if you decide to provide your configuration report; it really doesn't matter to me if you choose not to do that. On the other hand, you could be waiting a while for an good answer.
24 Apr 2016 23:30
Unfortunately, without seeing your configuration report , I don't think I can help you with your question.

There are a probably a few topics in this forum that may help you but, I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure I know what is causing your particular problem. Good luck with solving your problem "your way". :)
24 Apr 2016 22:13
I'm guessing that this issue is caused by the PHP "magic_quotes()" module. See Apostrophe displaying with slash .
24 Apr 2016 22:08
You might get an answer quicker if you post your configuration report. See How to post your configuration report .
23 Apr 2016 01:11
Replied by sozzled on topic long file Names
As I wrote earlier in this topic,

sozzled wrote:

The problem has never occurred before in earlier versions of Kunena. I don't like the way that Kunena now truncates attachment filenames two the last three characters plus the filename extension. :(

In my opinion, this change is a design defect — no question about it.

This defect was introduced around the time of K 4.0.3 (I think) and it does not look like it will be fixed in K 4.0. See GitHub reference #3844 . The developers appear to have decided that the ability to have these long file names will be a [configurable] "feature" of K 5.0.
21 Apr 2016 12:21 - 21 Apr 2016 12:23

noetic1 wrote: Also, I did do a search of this forum for information, and of course read "Before you post your question, read this first", a well written post by yourself. However are you aware that none of the linked documents work?

Yes I am aware. The topic , shown in your screenshot, is a very old—nearly 3½ years old. I cannot be held accountable if links in old topics do not work; that's something you will have to ask the site owners and forum moderators to explain.

noetic1 wrote: My issue with not having "new topic" or being able to reply is within THIS forum, not my site's one ... the attachment shows my screen when logged into the kunena forums.

You cannot reply to locked topics.
21 Apr 2016 10:59

Celt wrote: I tracked down the offending plugin it's NoNumber's Advanced Module Manager 5.3.14 April 2016 that's causing the preview to break for the admin users logged into kunena.

That's a major problem because the Advanced module manager is an integral part of the site. Turning that off will cause numerous issues, with the functionality of the site, and ease of management.

See forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=710&t=920347#p3391052 . I read this and thought you might be interested.
21 Apr 2016 01:15

Tabatha wrote: I am not 100% sure this is the right place to post this - but I can't figure out where else to post this.

This issue certainly relates to how Kunena is deployed but it raises the broader issues as I have re-worded them in the subject of my reply.

Speaking only for myself — I am, after all, only an "ordinary user" of Kunena who does not have a say in how this forum is moderated — I would say this this question deals with website administration and consumer law and possibly belongs in the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category as much as it possibly belongs to how this site (and others like it) is managed and, for those reasons, it could also be discussed in the General Feedback category.

By and large, when people join websites, they are "bound" by the terms and conditions of use at those site including the conditions relating to subscribing to news and information that is generated by those site.

I agree with you that the current wording on email notifications is clumsy (and not strictly grammatically correct) and it would be a good idea for the developers to take note of your comments and implement changes in future. The wording on email notifications from Kunena is partly in your hands and there are some topics in this forum that discuss those questions (e.g. Looking for the file to edit Email notifications .

If I could make my own suggestion, I would probably change the wording to read something like:

This email was sent by <name-of-wesbite> because you are subscribed to the topic shown above or you subscribed to the forum category at our website. If you do not wish to receive further emails about the topic or category you have subscribed to, please use the unsubscribe topic/category features on our forum.

Please note that this is an automatically generated email, replies will not be answered.

Tabatha wrote: Finally, if there could be a hyperlink to facilitate unsubscribing (which is actually now the law in Canada) it would facilitate how people manage their settings.

I totally agree with you. The purpose of allowing people to choose what they subscribe to and allowing them to unsubscribe to website features is the first principle of online consumer law. The purpose of the email notification messages should be to make it easier to allow people to unsubscribe to material in which they have no interest.

Ideally, the Kunena product should make this website management task easier. The whole point of the unsubscription feature is to allow people to reduce the volume of unwanted and unnecessary email. It is therefore a little disappointing that the Kunena developers are keen to implement ways to increase the amount of email generated by the product.

If you go to the recent announcement about K 5.0 , you will see that one of ideas on the "to do" list is for an "auto subscription" feature (i.e. a feature that will allow forum owners to force all their users to receive email whether they chose to receive it or they didn't). This particular feature violates not only the consumer law of Canada but the consumer law of dozens of countries world-wide.

I am sure that we could debate the wording of the email notification messages — we'll all have different ideas about what would work better — but, ultimately, it's really a question of personal choice and how best we can help one another.
20 Apr 2016 21:56
Replied by sozzled on topic Avatar / Edit Profile
My first suggestion to you is to enable the plugin Kunena - Kunena
18 Apr 2016 13:34

noetic1 wrote: Thanks, Mr Wombat. I did state when I replied to my own old topic that I did not have any way to post anywhere else, no "new topic" tab and no reply buttons.

You said you have several problems:

1) You cannot create new topics (and there are no Reply buttons);
2) you see "Loading BBcode editor..." when you try to post a message;
3) you cannot create polls;
4) you cannot find any documentation; and
5) you say that you are getting the "runaround".

I can probably help you by working directly with you, one on one.

One suggestion that I would like to make is that you uninstall the plugins JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3, JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 and JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3; these plugins do not work with K 4.0.

The second suggestion that I would make is to set your Kunena configuration settings back to their original values:

18 Apr 2016 05:37 - 18 Apr 2016 05:41

noetic1 wrote: I have configured Polls correctly, including turning them on in categories but they just don't show.

This question was asked (but not answered) a couple of days ago. See How to create a poll from front?

There is no documentation about how to make polls in K 4.0 at the moment. Sorry.

noetic1 wrote: ... there is a link on how to do a configuration report, the link fails ...

This this link: How to post your configuration report
Displaying 181 - 195 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.808 seconds