Search Results (Searched for: )

14 May 2016 02:10

nemmar wrote: Is there a way to enable Kunena Discuss comments plugin for non-article pages of my site?

No, sorry. See also Kunena Discuss and K2 , for example.
13 May 2016 23:45
810 is correct. The group names are hard-coded in PHP however you can change the descriptions of these names with language overrides.

If you really have no need for "banned" or "guests" you can hide the existence of these things with a bit of extra CSS:
Code:
span.kwho-banned, span.kwho-guest { display: none; }
11 May 2016 03:04

810 wrote: It has the color from a link, and when you hover you see the mouse icon changed to a hand.

And hand icon stands for a link.

Yes, I have been using web pages for the last 20 years and I have a vague idea what the hand cursor usually means. I don't want to have an argument with anyone; I was merely saying that the link to the userlist in Crypsis wasn't immediately obvious to me (as it is in Blue Eagle). I didn't know what the Members link actually did (because I'm still learning about Crypsis). So, please forgive me for being very new.

I would suggest that, where possible, as many links in Kunena should have ALT or TITLE attributes that help people with visual disabilities (or, in my case, are a bit slow and can't figure things out as quickly as others). OK? B)
11 May 2016 02:52 - 11 May 2016 02:57

810 wrote: So when you click on members you go to the userlist?

Oops, sorry, it was as easy as that? :blush:

Might be an idea to have a tooltip that says "Display user list". Even for people like me who have good vision, extra accessibility features like this would be helpful.

I must have spent about an hour trying to find it.
11 May 2016 02:49
Ah, I found it! It took a bit of digging. The link is on the statistics page!

On the main Index or Recent Topics menu, go to the bottom of the page and click the Statistics link (as shown below):

On the next page, go to the bottom and find the number of users—the number is the link—as shown below:

Not very intuitive, but it does work. :P
11 May 2016 02:34
Another simple question.

K 4.0 Blue Eagle has the feature to show the userlist. (The link is inactive if you use the setting Security » Security Settings » Allow Guests to see Userlist = No)

K 4.0 Crypsis does not appear to have this feature?

I have tested this a couple of sites. If I select the Blue Eagle template, the feature is there. If I change to the Crypsis template, I cannot find the feature. Has this feature been removed?
10 May 2016 22:42 - 10 May 2016 22:47
Replied by sozzled on topic Profanity Filter

melvins138 wrote: Hi! I am looking for a way to filter profanity for my forum.

If I am right in understanding your question, you are looking for a "lazy", automated way to replace text posted in your forum with some other text. I'm sorry but I think you're out of luck.

I agree with you, in the sense that if your specific website has terms and conditions that prohibit the use of certain language, that you should be able to moderate your own forum in any way that you like.

melvins138 wrote: I have even seen profanity be filtered on this forum, and I am looking to find out how to do that.

This was easy; having an effective team of forum moderators makes this possible. I suggest you take another closer look at the source of your information:

:lol:
10 May 2016 01:30
Thanks for the information. That's all I wanted to know.

You may lock this topic if you want. :)
10 May 2016 00:36
A very quick, simple question: does the new rating feature in K 5.0 add microdata to the HTML code?
09 May 2016 14:15 - 09 May 2016 14:17
I hit this problem a lot! Today I was updating a website that was using K 3.0.8 and I was installing K 4.0.10. Obviously I took a lot of precautions before starting the update (backup the site, copy the backup off-site). Anyway, I used my usual installation method—upload file—the Kunena installer halted and, the only way I could recover, was to use the browser back-button. :pinch: :dry:

Ah, but all was not lost! Even though the "Kunena installer" had failed, go to Components » Kunena Forum » Configuration and, sure enough, the rest of the installation went ahead. :woohoo:

I've never run into the problem of having to "clear the cache". I realise this is the answer/response given most often by the developers but, to be totally honest with everyone, I've never had to do it! (And, as for trying with a different kind of browser, that sounds a bit absurd to me.)

So, maybe I'm just one lucky person out of 30,000? Or maybe I have more patience than other people?
07 May 2016 12:39
First of all, try enabling the Kunena - Joomla and Kunena - Kunena plugins ;)

Secondly, read through the topic K 3.0: "There are no published categories in ." message . I realise that topic was written a long time ago but I think you will find the answer to your problem in there.

I hope these ideas help
06 May 2016 13:15 - 06 May 2016 13:18

applehc wrote: I can not order the forum categories. I do not see the order number and moving either

Back in the old days of J! 1.5, J! 1.6, J! 1.7 and J! 2.5 there was such a thing as "order numbers". From J! 3.x the numbering thing disappeared. I'm guessing you have just migrated your website from J! 2.5 to J! 3.5, yes?

Re-odering your categories (like most other things in J! 3.x) is done with a mouse click-drag. :woohoo:

The answer to your question is here: J 3.x: How to re-order/rearrange/sort Kunena categories in Category Manager?
05 May 2016 21:20 - 05 May 2016 21:22
Replied by sozzled on topic Hiding LogIn
This should still work:
  1. Go to Kunena plugins and look at the settings for the Kunena - Joomla Integration plugin: Kunena Forum » Plugins » Kunena - Joomla Integration
  2. Select the Basic tab
  3. Set the value Enable Joomla Login = No

I hope that helps
Displaying 151 - 165 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.656 seconds