Search Results (Searched for: )

10 Oct 2015 21:03
A possible explanation is given in this post: www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-general-quest...egory?start=10#16293

(also follow the links elsewhere in the topic for more information)
09 Oct 2015 01:48

cuertech wrote: I prefer to set the global config subscription option to "No" and let my users choose to subscribe to a topic or not at the point of posting .

I agree 100%.
06 Oct 2015 06:49
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena 4 & Smart Search?
Yes there is. The Kunena Search plugin on the download page.

Unless the developers say otherwise, Kunena Search plugin 3.1.1 is compatible with K 4.0
05 Oct 2015 19:43
Replied by sozzled on topic Hiding tabs on Kunena 4.x
Yes. See the topic How do I edit, hide, disable or translate menu items in Kunena (e.g. rules, help, search)?

It's done the same way in K 4.0 as it was done in K 3.0. ;)
03 Oct 2015 10:35

WolfgangOWL wrote:

Code:
update xxx_kunena_messages set name = 'newname' where name = 'oldname' update xxx_kunena_topics set first_post_guest_name = 'newname' where first_post_guest_name = 'oldname' update xxx_kunena_topics set last_post_guest_name = 'newname' where last_post_guest_name = 'oldname'

I would be very careful about using this technique. This will change all topics created by someone with a new name. The last thing we want is to destroy the data .
03 Oct 2015 08:45
The information is stored in the database (in the table _kunena_messages)

To change the name of the "writer of a topic", locate the record that corresponds to the first post in the topic and change the userid field (and, optionally, the name field) to what you need.
03 Oct 2015 07:27

maccas28 wrote: What I mean, is it s simple case of copying the CSS of Kunena from Firebug and pasting it into the custom css file?

No, not quite. However, it's fairly straightforward to to use a tool like Firebug for Firefox.

On the other hand, I could work with you, one on one, to achieve what you want ... if that interests you. But, of course, you understand that there are conditions attached to that, don't you. B)
03 Oct 2015 04:20
Yep. In your case, Kunena Latest module needs a few styling adjustments to cater for your specific site template. Pretty easy to do if you're a "dab hand" with CSS and you use a simple design tool like Firebug for Firefox (my personal favourite). If you're comfortable with making a few little adjustments your site template CSS file (which I don't recommend) or a custom CSS file that's loaded by your site template (I recommend doing things this way), then it should only take a few minutes.

Depends on what you want to change and how you want to change things, really.
03 Oct 2015 04:13 - 03 Oct 2015 04:15
Replied by sozzled on topic Most popular threads

sozzled wrote: The Top Topics for Kunena module displays those topics that have been viewed the most number of times and/or those topics that have the most replies.

In that topic there is a link to a live demonstration of the module. Did you see the demonstration?

maccas28 wrote: I was wanting to view how the layout of the page looks when using this module/extension. Does it look exactly the same as the Kunena forum layout when viewing different posts?

Short answer to your last question: the layout may look perfect or, if you want to tweak a few things, it's easy to make a few style adjustments with CSS.

Does this information more-or-less address your concerns?
02 Oct 2015 23:23 - 02 Oct 2015 23:24

omri wrote: I started to think the problem might be in the part that "shrinks" the file name when presented on the post. Where can I find the function that handles this shrink and adds "..." to the links?

I wonder if this is similar to another issue reported when a change was made before K 4.0.3, perhaps? As far as I know, this other issue has not been addressed .
01 Oct 2015 23:29 - 01 Oct 2015 23:32
I'm not sure what you mean by "I can't find anywhere how the front end [will display the module]".

These are standard Joomla modules. Modules can be placed anywhere there is a module position for them. They can be displayed on your Joomla site template, for example, or they can also be inserted within a Joomla article (as another example).

If you mean, "Is it possible to create a menu item, put the menu item on the Kunena forum page (alongside Index, MyTopics, Recent Topics, etc.) and, when someone clicks the item, it will take you to a page where you can see the output of a Joomla module, then, yes, that's easy!

Does the idea still interest you?
01 Oct 2015 05:54
Copying the Kunena 1.5 tables, from one site to another, is only part of the solution.

Migrating from J! 1.5 to J! 3.4 is a bit more complicated.

The K 1.5 tables have the prefix fb_
01 Oct 2015 05:33 - 01 Oct 2015 05:34
I have written a couple of modules that display "popular" topics according to the criteria you have specified. You can find these on the JED :

1) The Top Topics for Kunena module displays those topics that have been viewed the most number of times and/or those topics that have the most replies.

2) The Top Posters for Kunena module displays those users who have posted the most number of topics.

Do either of these suit your purposes?
30 Sep 2015 22:12
Replied by sozzled on topic ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

mibert wrote: Any solution would be great. Thanks in advance for your advise.

As I wrote earlier in this topic:

sozzled wrote: ... the "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" is [probably] not caused by the Kunena Latest 3.1 module.

In most cases, these kinds of "too many redirects" problems are the result of broken Joomla menus.

See also the FAQs page for information abou how to rebuild your Kunena menu.

If the developers (and others in the community) are inclined to deal with your specific issues, it might be a good idea to watch the video about how to post your configuration report here on this forum. I hope some of this advice will help you deal with your "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" problems.
29 Sep 2015 01:58 - 29 Sep 2015 02:05
I have no understanding of what you describe. Perhaps it's a translation error? It really would help if, when you post in the "reporting defects category", you would include your configuration report .

My guess is that you are using a broken Kunena template. If you don't want to change your Kunena template then, I guess, you are just going to have to live with this defect.

Forum ranks are assigned in three ways:

1) Custom ranks (you can allocate a rank to a member of your forum, provided they are not moderators or administrators)
2) Ranks based on the number of messages a person posts
3) Moderators and super users (these ranks are pre-defined within Kunena)

On the other hand, after we have seen your configuration report and it shows that you are using the latest version of Kunena with the latest version of the Kunena translation package and Kunena template, you may be right. This may be a defect introduced in K 4.0.6.
Displaying 316 - 330 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.751 seconds