Search Results (Searched for: )

16 Oct 2015 23:17 - 16 Oct 2015 23:25
After you have recovered your database files, the attachments and avatars, you can install whichever version of Kunena you feel comfortable using. You can use the latest K 4.0 if you like, or you can use K 3.0.8 if you prefer. The answer (about using K 3.0.8) depends on what version of Kunena you were using before you got hacked.

It's possible to go back to K 3.0.8 (if you were using K 4.0.x before) but you have to make a small change to the _kunena_config table.
16 Oct 2015 19:15 - 16 Oct 2015 19:22

chris9044 wrote: Yeaah - I think you found the solution. I changed now to PHPMail ... and it seems to work.

I'm pleased to read that this was the explanation for why, in your case, the page did not reload after posting a message on your forum. I am sorry that it took 2½ months to resolve this issue .

chris9044 wrote: Is [PHPmail] not a problem for SPAM ... I think I could get blocklisted because of that, or what do you think?

Good question! Possibly something we could discuss in another topic.

To be honest with you, I am not sure. Did you read somewhere that using PHPmail on a Joomla could get you blacklisted?

The most likely cause of getting blacklisted is if your email address becomes compromised and if you do not protect the email source appropriately. I am assuming that you have an email address associated with your domain, correct? If this is the case then you can do a couple of things to protect yourself by creating the appropriate SPF record for the domain. This is a difficult area to discuss on a forum but that's one idea.

As I said, interesting question and a discussion that we could have in the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category.
16 Oct 2015 18:42
Replied by sozzled on topic BBC code doesn't work
It's possible that the proble occurs because of an old third-party Kunena template. Just to be clear, 99% of templates designed for K 3.0 will not work with K 4.0.6 because a few of the core component files were changed. If you do not like Kunena's Crypsis or Blue Eagle templates then you need to contact your Kunena template supplier to see if they have a version that is compatible with K 4.0.6.

The most common explanation for the message "Loading BBcode editor..." is due to a Javascript library conflict. It has been a couple of years since I last saw this topic discussed on this forum.

I believe this problem is not caused by Kunena in your case. I believe the problem is caused as part of the "upgrade" you did to Joomla. As xillibit suggested, you could try using the K 4.0.6 Blue Eagle template as a test, but I do not think it will work because I suspect there's a conflict between the Javascript needed by Kunena (that makes the editor "work") and some other Javascript library running on your website.

I hope this helps.
16 Oct 2015 18:28 - 16 Oct 2015 23:29

proterra wrote: Embed Twitter for Blue Eagle Template?

If I can help explain 810's reply to you, the short answer to your question is no. Embedded Twitter is a feature of Crypsis.

A number of general configuration settings, category settings and new features in K 4.0 only work with Crypsis. Some of the general configuration settings and category settings have been retained to allow Blue Eagle to continue to operate with K 4.0. Blue Eagle is already deprecated in K 4.0.

Blue Eagle will be completely removed from the next version of Kunena (K 5.0).

There is a big difference between code deprecation and code removal. Blue Eagle is deprecated in K 4.0 and will not exist in K 5.0. Because Blue Eagle is already deprecated in K 4.0, many of the Kunena's features (that only work in Crypsis) do not work in Blue Eagle.

I hope this explanation helps.
16 Oct 2015 18:17 - 17 Oct 2015 00:02

Oscarfishlover wrote: I am in the midst of reinstalling all my core files. When I reinstall the Kunena forum component, will I have to do redo all the sections and categories again, or well they automatically appear? I know that everything will be in place in the database, I'm just not sure what will happen after I reinstall the software for the forum.

The short answer to your question is yes.

One of my [last remaining J! 1.5] websites was recently hacked—most of the Joomla PHP files were destroyed—but my Kunena-based forum was unaffected. As I have written before in this place, there are three essential things that you need in order to install or re-install Kunena on a Joomla website:

1. the Joomla user database tables (including the Joomla ACL table);
  2. the Kunena database tables; and
  3. the attachment files

It is possible to re-install Kunena even if some of the original tables are missing. The forum sections and categories are defined in the table _kunena_categories. As long as you have this table, your will not have to redo your forum sections and categories. When you distill Kunena down to its very "core", it consists of three database tables: _kunena_categories, _kunena_messages, _kunena_messages_text. If you lose any of these three tables you can, basically, kiss your old forum good-bye. The other database tables are important but they are really the "icing on the cake". If any database table is missing, at the time you perform the Kunena installation procedure, it will be added again but, obviously, with default column values.

Oscarfishlover wrote: I wanted to ask another question regarding uploading folders with lots of images and avatars. I was wondering if I could zip the [files from my old site] ... then unzip [them on my new site]. ... I shall be using Akeeba so I think this may reduce everything in size already, can't remember, I haven't used it for ages.

Short answer to your question is yes. You can use Akeeba Backup to create an archive of the avatars and attachments files, copy the .JPA (or .ZIP) archive file to your reconstructed site, and then use Akeeba Kickstart to unzip the files into their same relative locations. There's only one condition for this to be able to work: the condition is that you can login to the backend of your old/hacked site and that you can still use Akeeba Backup there.

I would have used this method except that I could not login to the Joomla administrator part of my hacked website. Under conditions like those you would need some other mechanism of making an archive file (in .ZIP or some other format). As xillibit wrote, if you have direct console access to both sites—the hacked site and the site you're reconstructing—then you could perform the zipping and unzipping if you are a "dab hand" at using SSH commands. SSH is not for total novice users.

The short answer, however, is yes.

Sorry to hear you had these troubles, mate. You know where to find me if you ever need one-on-one guidance/reassurance or whatever else I can do to help.
14 Oct 2015 23:18
Replied by sozzled on topic Quote hide text

Franux wrote: I got an error when i try to quote a hide text, if text is hide for non registered users when i press quote button quote looks empty.

Returning to the original subject:

1) When you say you "got an error", do you get an error message and, if so, what is the text of the error message?

2) When you disabled RokCandy, did this have any effect on the first matter you discussed in this topic?
14 Oct 2015 23:06

muldereric wrote: Is there a way to assign global moderator rights on Joomla group-level rather than on a user-level basis?

As far as I know, Kunena does not use Joomla ACLs to define forum moderators. The method for assigning moderators is explained >>> here <<< and >>> here <<<

Some other forum products allow you to use Joomla ACLs to define forum moderators. As far as I know, Kunena does not use this approach.

I hope this helps.
14 Oct 2015 22:44 - 14 Oct 2015 22:49
Replied by sozzled on topic Quote hide text

Franux wrote: Thanks, i' ve detected another bug.

If a post have some BBCodes, i.e: bold text, when users edit post again BBCodes change to html.

Similar question was asked a couple of days ago. See www.kunena.org/forum/k-3-0-general-quest...ith-html-tags#164984 for further help
13 Oct 2015 23:26
I tested with Mozilla Firefox (using different screen sizes) and Internet Explorer and I cannot see any centering of posts in that topic.

As I said (and it's just my opinion) it would be useful to run some website analytics to obtain more information about what platforms your users have when they interact with your website.

It's also possible that your users have an old CSS stylesheet stored in their browser cache. You could suggest to your users to clear their browser cache and/or force a total page refresh. It's possible that this may be the cause of their peculiar problems (and why you and I do not see them).
13 Oct 2015 22:16

katenz wrote: Has anyone had this before?

The short answer to this question is that, no, I have not seen this kind of thing before.

The centering, or "peculiar" placement of items on your forum could be attributed to a number of factors. The most likely cause is your Joomla template, how it interacts with different web-browsers and on different display platforms.

For example, the forum may render differently if you are viewing it on a desktop PC monitor, a tablet PC or some other mobile device. If you know where your forum traffic is coming from (do you use any website analytic tools, for instance?), which browsers people are using and whether they are usind desktop or mobile devices, this may explain the "some users" aspect of your question.

It's somewhat difficult for me to help you, Kate, when I know nothing about your website. I'm only guessing (I could be wrong) but I hope some of this information helps.
13 Oct 2015 20:45
I think the topic Last visit date is always today may give you some useful information to answer your question.
10 Oct 2015 23:30

Josh wrote: And now you are telling me that more is to come. :cheer: Seems like the Kunena team is getting their groove on these days.

I am not sure if the team is "getting their groove". I have written a couple of articles in my blog about some of these recent changes and announcements.
10 Oct 2015 21:28 - 10 Oct 2015 21:52

Josh wrote: I'm curious about the "Autosubscription" feature. I read through this entire thread and am still trying to better understand it. Is it a profile setting that allows the user to decide if they want to be automatically subscribed to threads? (phpBB has this feature as well as other forum softwares). This determines if the checkbox is checked or not by default based on a profile preference. Users then are not "forced" to check or uncheck it each time they post in the forums.

Or perhaps this means something else?

We waited for two weeks for the official response. I will try to explain what the autosubscription feature is about.

Yes, you are right, that phpBB has a setting that controls the behaviour of a checkbox that appears when people create a topic (or post a reply to a topic); the checkbox will automatically be checked or unchecked depending on this setting. This behaviour is also implemented in Kunena.

Until K 4.0 was released, the behaviour was controlled differently. We discussed this change in these topics

USER SETTING AUTO SUBSCRIBE THREAD ;
Please disable "Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic" at www.kunena.org ;
Kunena 4.05 bug (Subscriptions) ; and
K 4.0.3 Crypsis "automatically" subscribes to topic; Blue Eagle does not

The reference to "autosubscriptions" in the article Update about upcoming changes is about a new feature for K 5.0 that will force all users to be subscribed to topics on the forum. So, in answer to your question "perhaps this means something else" and because the developers have not replied to your question for two weeks, I can only offer my personal opinion. I believe the answer to your question is yes; it means something else.
10 Oct 2015 21:07

Ivan88 wrote: I have a question: I have blocked reading access on forum for guest, but I would like them to view just the titles of the topics without being able to enter them and read.

This is known as a "teaser" .
Displaying 301 - 315 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.763 seconds