Search Results (Searched for: )

28 Oct 2015 17:35 - 28 Oct 2015 18:49
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena Latest

knoakes wrote: Makes sense, but where can I get the old blue eagle template?

The "old" Blue Eagle template is there on your website. The Blue Eagle template is part of Kunena 4.0. To activate the Blue Eagle template, go to the Kunena Template Manager in the backend, find the Blue Eagle template entry on that page and click the "star" (to make it the default template).
27 Oct 2015 20:55
Replied by sozzled on topic Error - kunena don't load

Vandacardoso wrote: Where can I go to see the phpMyAdmin of Kunena?

phpMyAdmin is [usually] a component of your website cPanel. phpMyAdmin is a tool that allows you to inspect your MySQL database tables.
26 Oct 2015 21:34 - 26 Oct 2015 21:35

nov33 wrote: I played around with all of this yes, didnt make a difference. Turned joomla site caching off, changed the session times on both to different times, same times but different to what i previously had, all kinds of things.

The 'fix' was ultimately something else as ive written.

As I wrote earlier, I was guessing. I always make sure that these two values (one is in minutes, the other is in seconds) are the same.

I am pleased to hear that you think you have resolved the matter.

As it turns out, this is probably not a defect with K 4.0 but we can never be sure until we have explored all the possibilities. ;)
26 Oct 2015 21:32

nov33 wrote: But disabling no number advanced module manager did make the preview work. :lol: (it didnt fix the Mark forums read function)

As I wrote, [the message preview issue] is a different problem to the new message indicator issue.

nov33 wrote: I did make a thread at the nonumber forum and someone else repiled and said they had the same issue... i will post what happened to me over there.

It will be interesting to hear the outcome of that other discussion. The best place to post that information is in the Kunena and other Joomla extensions and give your topic a meaningful subject like "Message preview and Advanced Module Manager from Nonumber". B)
26 Oct 2015 21:13 - 26 Oct 2015 21:14
Replied by sozzled on topic RSS Feed
I have seen these errors before. Sometimes the errors are caused by another Joomla extension .
26 Oct 2015 21:10

nov33 wrote: I also have an issue with the followin plugin interfering with post preview function....

System - NoNumber Advanced Module Manager

It is making the post Preview not function, nothing shows up in it. Ive done some searches but couldnt find this plugin causing it.

Ive turned all plug ins off and turned them on one by one, refreshed the forum reply page every time, and tracked it down, it is the above plug in making the preview not work.

Has anyone heard of this issue with NoNumber?

This is a different problem. I have not heard of a [Kunena message preview] problem with the Advanced Module Manager from Nonumber, sorry.
26 Oct 2015 21:07
I'm not 100% sure I know the answer but I'm guessing that you have enabled Joomla Site Caching —you may experience a different outcome if you disable site caching—and also different values between the Joomla session limit and the Kunena session limit.

• Global Configuration » Session Settings » Session Lifetime

• Kunena Forum » Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Session Lifetime (should be set to the same length of time as the Joomla session lifetime)
23 Oct 2015 22:30 - 23 Oct 2015 22:33
Replied by sozzled on topic ajax thank you button
G'day, cgmaster, and welcome.

J! 1.5 is not just old ... it's dangerously old and vulnerable to attack. If you look at the Joomla forum you will see hundreds of messages about why it is a good reason to migrate from J! 1.5 to the latest version of Joomla.

Three weeks ago I had another one of my old J! 1.5 websites attacked (and destroyed). It took me three days to repair the damage, create a new J! 3.4 website, and I am much happier for it. It's not all that difficult to migrate from J! 1.5 to J! 3.4 (and keep your existing forum) but you will have to upgrade to a more recent version of Kunena if you do.

You can use K 3.0.8 (although, like K! 1.7.2, this version is also not supported) or J! 4.0.6 (if you use J! 3.4).

I don't think there is an AJAX "auto refresh" mechanism for the Kunena Thank You feature but, if someone in the community has an idea on how to construct one, it's possible.

Good luck with your J! 1.5 K 1.7.2 (and pray that nothing nasty happens). :)
23 Oct 2015 20:10

swicks wrote: When user creates a post ... I can find the post through the search feature and also see that it is the Last Post for that particular category. However, it [does not show] in the category list of [topics] until I make another post.

I'm not 100% sure I know the answer but I'm guessing that you have enabled Joomla Site Caching —you may experience a different outcome if you disable site caching—and also different values between the Joomla session limit and the Kunena session limit.

• Global Configuration » Session Settings » Session Lifetime

• Kunena Forum » Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Session Lifetime (should be set to the same length of time as the Joomla session lifetime)
23 Oct 2015 19:57

GCN wrote: I am not able to add a new topic in forums ??

810 is right.

Sections are sometimes "accidentally" created when you create a category and then lock the category before anyone has posted a topic in it. This is explained in more detail in the topic Move to Locked Category . :)

No-one can create new topics in a section. If you created a section by mistake (by locking a category before posting a topic) the you have to turn the section back into a category.
23 Oct 2015 19:51
Replied by sozzled on topic KUNENA DISCUSS

810 wrote: You need to setup the kunena discuss plugin.

See: www.kunena.org/docs/Kunena_Discuss:_Installation_and_Use

This article was written for Kunena Discuss 1.7! Do you have more up-to-date information that you can provide to the community?

I have written a few guides on this forum to help people understand a little about using the Kunena Discussions settings. (I may even write an updated guide again someday; it would make a good article for a 'blog.)

Two topics that may help are A Kunena Discuss workshop: How to allow my users to comment on my Joomla articles in my forum and Kunena Discuss "quick and dirty" instructions for use . I hope that some of this information helps.
22 Oct 2015 18:52 - 22 Oct 2015 18:52
Replied by sozzled on topic Cannot see own profile page

gjhvs wrote: I cannot see my own profile page on the forum from my website.
When I click the menu item Profile I get an 500 Internal Server Error.

I think I know the cause of this problem and there is an easy solution.

There was a change made to the Kunena core in K 4.0.3 that broke all third-party templates when any user viewed the profile of someone who had uploaded attachments to the forum. I discovered this purely by accident (remember, a lot of people never upload attachments).

To work around this problem, locate the file in the Blue Eagle folder (../components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/html/user/default_attachments.php) and replace the file in your currently-used Kunena template folder.

I think this problem was reported >>> here <<< as well but we will never know for certain because the forum moderators locked the topic.
20 Oct 2015 23:16 - 20 Oct 2015 23:17
Replied by sozzled on topic Login Location
No problems. It is simply a matter of assigning a different module position for the Login and Users Online modules. At the moment, you have assigned these to position position-7 (in the standard Joomla protostar) template.

Unfortunately there is only one postition at the bottom of the protostar template that you can use and that is the footer position. Obviously, different templates for Joomla have other module positions that may be more appropriate (you can search the internet for places where you can obtain other templates for J! 3.x).

This is not really a question about Kunena. It's more a general question about Joomla ... but I am happy to have given you a couple of ideas.
20 Oct 2015 22:24
@flebotomy: is your website (frontend) online? Check the Joomla Global Settings.
20 Oct 2015 20:56
Replied by sozzled on topic Login Location
I am not sure that I understand your question. Is the area I have hightlighted in the image below the "right column" that you want to change, move to the bottom and delete from the right?

Displaying 286 - 300 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.729 seconds