Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: user registration)

19 Nov 2010 01:09
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Question about Registration

Question about Registration

Category: Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla

awkuena wrote: So from what you are saying does that mean I could have my non-paid users access some of the forums, but have other forums that only paid users can access?

Yes.
18 Nov 2010 04:27
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Question about Registration

Question about Registration

Are you or are you not using Kunena at your website?

Kunena does not handle user registration or login. These are Joomla functions, functions that may be assisted by other Joomla extension products like JomSocial or Community Builder (to name two).

The short answer to your question is that, if your website currently allows you to register users according to whether or not they have paid money to use your website, then you can allow them access to those features that you want them to access (or not to access) as the case may be.
16 Nov 2010 02:44
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Gender?

Gender?

Category: K 1.0 and K 1.5 miscellaneous third-party extensions archive

Thanks for your message about the broken link in the sticky. I've fixed that problem.

UOGAddict wrote:

All my users show Gender: Unknown even though it is a required field during registration.

I don't know the answer; I don't personally have any understanding of Jomsocial. I hope someone else (who knows about Jomsocial) can help you.
14 Nov 2010 15:28
Replied by sozzled on topic How to protect my forum from spam

How to protect my forum from spam

G'day, iapad, and welcome to Kunena.

Kunena is not responsible for user registration, login or logout. These are Joomla features; these are features that may (or may not) be assisted by additional components that you may have chosen to install and integrate with Kunena; these may be features that are incorporated into components like JomSocial or Community Builder, for example.
10 Nov 2010 08:49
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: New user showing as Administrator

New user showing as Administrator

Category: K 1.6 and K 1.7 Support Archive

Hmmm .. quite strange. Have you made any customised changes in the Kunena Ranks Manager? Maybe it's just the default "rank". I think I saw this, once upon a time, in one of the early versions of Kunena (K 1.5.something) but I don't remember now. Odd. :S

The main thing is that new users don't actually have moderator/administrator privileges. That's something you can easily verify at the back-end.

I wonder ... check the Joomla Global Configuration settings: New User Registration Type = ?????
06 Nov 2010 02:14 - 06 Nov 2010 02:15
Replied by sozzled on topic User issues - Cannot edit profile , and users not all appearing

User issues - Cannot edit profile , and users not all appearing

Category: K 1.7 Common Questions

simons wrote: 1) I am using Joomla as the login registration but even after syncing users the main joomla admin account doesn't appear in the Kunena user list

No, it doesn't appear on the user list and it's not supposed to. This is a standard Kunena feature and it's there for your security.

simons wrote: 2) Once a user is logged in, on the profile page you can select 'edit' but none of the editing buttons work (posts, thank you, subscriptions, favourites, user account, profile information, avatar image, forum settings) they dont hover over or allow selecting so users can't do anything like upload an avatar.

This is an entirely different question. There are other discussions dealing with that question. Please look at
30 Oct 2010 04:07
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Trouble modifying Terms

Trouble modifying Terms

Your site has bigger problems than the "terms" page not appearing when your users register.

Kunena is not responsible for user registration. If you want your users to accept a terms of use condition, you should use a registration component that allows such a feature. Community Builder allows this.

Your Kunena installation does not have a menu. Please go to your administration site and try the Create Menu option on the Kunena control panel to see if it will create the Kunena menu for you.
28 Oct 2010 11:22
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Mailman comparison

Mailman comparison

Category: General Feedback Archive

What do you really want? If you want a mail list manager then Mailman seems to be the thing you need. If you want a discussion forum then Kunena will probably do the job. From the sounds of things, Mailman won't do your discussion forum. Kunena can be used to push information out to your users by e-mail but this requires your users to subscribe to topics or categories.

Mailman does not look to be software that was written for Joomla. It looks like it's a standalone product. Kunena was developed for Joomla. It's most unlikely you could combine Kunena and Mailmain into a single website with a single user registration and login system. There are mail list managers developed for Joomla (search the Joomla Extensions Directory for those); it is outside the scope of this forum to go much further than what I have written. I hope these pointers will help you to decide how you want to proceed from here.
26 Oct 2010 03:40
Replied by sozzled on topic User list

User list

With certain limitations, you can choose to show as much or as little as you would like. The means to display this kind of information is controlled by the configuration settings as shown in the following image:

One piece of information that is not displayed is a user's email address. It is not advisable to display that kind of information because it is possible (in many applications of Kunena where registration is not thoroughly screened) for people who have no legitimate right to obtain those details and to misuse the information. There are other ways of providing user lists, lists that contain the information you want to display. Community Builder is one such product; Kunena integrates with CB.
23 Oct 2010 04:11
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Child Members Under Main Member

Child Members Under Main Member

Kunena is not responsible for user registration and therefore any further discussion is off-topic in this forum.

This seems to be more of a Joomla question to me. I suggest you ask the question in one of the Joomla help forums. There may be a registration extension to do what you want but I'm not aware of one.
22 Oct 2010 03:13 - 22 Oct 2010 03:20
Replied by sozzled on topic few fast question about new kunena 1.6

few fast question about new kunena 1.6

Category: K 1.6 and K 1.7 Common Questions Archive

A few fast answers to your questions

Kunena 1.6 has been in development since February this year and I wrote a continuing story of some of its new features over that time (see Kunena 1.6 - a moderator's view as a way of introducing users to what K 1.6 was all about.

Admin/moderator - diffrent text color by default (is there any chack to achieve it ?)? Yes but not built-in to K 1.6.0

Diffrent template for every subforum ? If, by the term "subforum" you mean category (see Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) ) the answer is yes. See answer to your following question below

-MAIN: (red template)
|
---KUNENA users (orange template)
|
---AGORA users (blue template)

And option for users to change template choosing one from the list ? Yes you can have color-coded categories

Kunena latest is working fine with 1.6 ? Is Joomla 1.6 working with Joomla 1.6? I'm unsure whether K 1.6 is currently working with J! 1.6 beta 11.

Is there working Discusbot for 1.6 - (then you dont need comment system - you are using you forum for comments - there is something like COMENT ON FORUM substitute for ADD COMMENT - anyway it's almoust the same) ? Yes, and if you look closely on the home page of this website you will see a practical demonstration of the fact that it works, too. ;)

kunena 1.6 SEO - id of subject (topic) id of post + subjest title ? I'm sorry, I don't understand the question

User can change his default joomla language and it work also in (for) kunena ? Have your tried? I don't know the answer because I've never tried to change the default Joomla language for my site.

Use name not username (alpharegistration) ? Have your tried? I don't know the answer because I've never tried the third-party extension that you referred to.

Oh and disable this new thing - category choosing. Post is added there where you write it. Thank you for your observation. We may consider this in a future version of Kunena.[/color
22 Oct 2010 01:26
Replied by sozzled on topic How to protect my forum from spam

How to protect my forum from spam

MindTooth: You asked

All I ask, is that someone will take a look, and maybe share some thoughts on the issue at hand

This entire topic is about sharing thoughts on the issue you've enquired about.

I think that it's important to put these matters into some kind of perspective. I visited your website. Your forum has a grand total of 414 messages. Can you tell us, what proportion of you all the 414 messages posted on your website were spam?

I looked at your site registration page: apart from the reCAPTCHA feature, it's just the standard Joomla registration form as far as I can tell. So? You've managed to prevent bots from registering at your website. Your registration procedure does not otherwise prevent human users from registering at your website.

Please look through the many suggestions that people have offered earlier in this topic. If someone passes by to offer you a tip, it's better to thank them for their interest than it is to say their idea was worthless to you.

cally6008: thanks for your offer to help :)
19 Oct 2010 02:01
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Can I register Kunena users separately from the rest of my website?

Can I register Kunena users separately from the rest of my website?

Kunena does not have a registration function. Kunena relies on whatever registration function you are using at your website. This isn't really a question about registration; it's actually a question about access control.

You can change the basis on which users access your forum in many different ways. One way you can change this is to use ACL software (search at the Joomla Extensions Directory for a list of products that deliver ACL functionality); ACL functionality will be implemented in Joomla 1.6.

Another way you can control access to Kunena is to use different Joomla user types. This is explained in more detail in Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups .

Your users should have one login irrespective of whether you ask for payment to use different features at your website.
10 Oct 2010 07:29 - 10 Oct 2010 11:43
Replied by sozzled on topic Few bugs I have come across as well as anoyances

Few bugs I have come across as well as anoyances

Category: K 1.6 and K 1.7 Common Questions Archive

Thank you. Unfortunately your long list of questions will require a fair stretch of time to properly answer. For my part, I would like to deal with them gradually over time - the next few days. In the meantime, I would also invite other users to answer those questions that they feel they can handle. This is such a long and involved topic that it could take several weeks before it is completely dispensed with. This is also one of the main reasons why we encourage users to post a single question per topic.

Because I am not sure which issues are defects (or bugs) and what are issues where something is broken or where some features are, as you described them, mere annoyances, I have decided to move this topic to the Common Questions category.

One very quick matter that I would like to address now is the first question you asked, about login.

Kunena is not responsible for user registration, login or logout. These are Joomla features; these are features that may (or may not) be assisted by additional components that you may have chosen to install and integrate with Kunena; these may be features that are incorporated into components like JomSocial or Community Builder. It is possible that the problems you have may be caused or exacerbated by such other components - components that you have not mentioned in your account. It would be good to know what other components you have installed that may interfere or impact on this user login issue that you described.

We also encourage users to provide a copy of their configuration report. Giving us your configuration report saves you time and saves us the time asking you for it. Please remember this in future when you post messages in the Support category. Thank you. B)

Last, but not least, welcome to Kunena! :)
08 Oct 2010 06:08
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Can not logout from the forum!

Can not logout from the forum!

Category: K 1.0 and K 1.5 miscellaneous third-party extensions archive

alsvieira: I suggest you ask for help from our good friends at Joomlapolis .

User registration, login, logout functions are not Kunena functions.
Displaying 256 - 270 out of 381 results.
Time to create page: 1.197 seconds