Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: user registration)

09 Jan 2011 07:58 - 09 Jan 2011 07:59
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: forum are not registering all members...

Kunena is not "registering" all my Joomla users

Category: K 1.7 Common Questions

If a user has not confirmed their Joomla account, they will not appear as a Kunena user. It's a fairly simple rationale, really.

The Kunena user table maintains details of the information needed for the user to participate in the forum - including, for instance, whether they have a particular role to play (like forum moderation). These details are beyond the scope of the Joomla user table. Therefore if a user account has not been properly "credentialled", i.e. the account has not been enabled so that someone can login with it - then the Kunena registration (sic) is incomplete.

To be strictly literal, Kunena does not perform user registration as such.
09 Jan 2011 07:38
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: forum are not registering all members...

Kunena is not "registering" all my Joomla users

G'day, readyman.

There are a few possible reasons for the discrepancy between the user counts.

One possible reason, that Scottlux has mentioned, is the user synchronisation issue - which we hope will become a thing of the past with K 2.0 (due for release in a few months time).

Another possibility is that your new users have not confirmed their registration. Sometimes the user counts don't synch. if a user has registered but hasn't posted anything on the forum. Lastly, it's possible that there might be a server caching issue in play. In effect, what I'm trying to suggest, is that you might need to be patient in order for the statistics to synch. one with the other. On the other hand, I could be blowing out a lot of hot air ... :laugh:
02 Jan 2011 06:01 - 02 Jan 2011 06:03
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: User registration and forum rules

User registration and forum rules

Category: Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla

As you may know, Kunena is not responsible for user registration or authorisation. These are Joomla matters.

As a general comment, standard Joomla allows you two choices:

(1) Everyone can register: the registration/authorisation process is automatic.

(2) No-one can register: the site administrator has to perform the registration process manually.

You can install a third-party registration procedure so that users can apply for membership and the site administrator has to approve the membership application. There are Joomla extensions that provide these features.
30 Dec 2010 02:23 - 30 Dec 2010 02:26
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Several questions about how to use Kunena

New Users Cannot Create and Account

I'm sorry that you have not had any responses to your questions but perhaps I can help shed some light on what is happening and why.

The first question you asked was about being unable to register new users at your website. If you had searched this forum you would have seen the consistent reply "Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login". These are Joomla issues - they are not Kunena issues - as you discovered for yourself.

The second question you asked was about how to remove the rules tab. Again, if you search this forum you will discover the answer to this question. The solution involves using the Joomla Menu Manager.

Your third question has something to do with recent posts. I assume we are discussing the Recent Topics tab on the Kunena menu, right? There may be several reasons for this. For example, perhaps the last time a message posted at your forum was over one month ago; by default, the Recent Topics tab shows topics that were last updated within the last month. Could this be the explanation? On the other hand, I may have completely misunderstood your question. You could be talking about the Latest Posts module. Please use the appropriate category for those questions: Kunena Latest Posts (M) .

Lastly, I cannot find Kunena on your website.

I hope this helps. :)
29 Dec 2010 00:58
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Error when posting and replying topic: "name: You are not allowed to change your name"

[SOLVED]You are not allowed to change your name!

Category: K 1.6 and K 1.7 Support Archive

I'm sorry, pigalicious, but this problem is not caused by Kunena. The problem it is caused by a Joomla defect. In your case, the problem involves one particular user account at your website. Am I correct?

As you know, Kunena is not responsible for user registration. Kunena uses whatever registration process is used at your website. There may be a workaround for your situation and I may be able to help if you contact me via PM.
22 Dec 2010 02:56
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: SMF 2 RC4 → K 1.5 → K 1.6: user login problems

SMF 2 RC4 → K 1.5 → K 1.6: user login problems

G'day, leo, and welcome to Kunena.

As you probably know, Kunena does not perform any tricks with user registration or login. Kunena just uses whatever Joomla uses for user registration or login although you can install third-party software to assist with user registration and login, if you want. I think we need to identify what it is that is generating these E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS messages. Is it Kunena or is it something else? From the looks of things, I would say that this is more of a language file problem which may have been caused by a faulty installation of Joomla or of Kunena (I don't know).

It would probably help you (and others trying to help you) if you provided us with your K 1.6 configuration report. Do you think you could do that for us, please?

There are 6 tables that hold user information (excluding the Kunena tables):

jos_core_acl_aro
jos_core_acl_aro_groups
jos_core_acl_aro_map
jos_core_acl_aro_sections
jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map
jos_session
13 Dec 2010 03:49 - 13 Dec 2010 03:49
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Usernames Showing Instead of Full Name

Usernames Showing Instead of Full Name

I've encountered this issue only once before; had something to do with Community Builder. Are you possibly using some other user registration component? Your K 1.6 configuration report would help. Do you know how to post your K 1.6 configuration report?
13 Dec 2010 03:29
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Joomla user registration problems

Joomla user registration problems

This link - Εγγραφή - has nothing to do with Kunena. This link is defined as a Joomla menu item.
12 Dec 2010 01:50 - 12 Dec 2010 01:56
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Help?

Help?

Category: General Feedback Archive

G'day, Ben, and welcome to Kunena

ben r wrote: Hi, I don't know if I'm posting in the right place for support ...

If you read the description of this category, you will see that General Talk about Kunena is for

Suggest your ideas for Kunena.com. Also general Kunena discussion.

Please use other categories for support questions and third-party software.

ben r wrote: I've blocked my forum from being see by non-registered members. It displays the 'you need to login' line and nothing else. How do I either redirect them to a login / registration page or display a login module on the access denied page.

The answer to this question depends on several things. One of these is, "what version of Kunena are you using?" You might find the answer to this question by searching or browsing the version-specific categories. So, we really need to know how to categorise this issue according to what you have installed on your site.

ben r wrote: On a slightly different topic: where do I find different templates for the forum? Should I just customise one to suit my site?

Although this is a very different question to your last question, the answer depends entirely on what version of Kunena you have installed.

As a general rule, we prefer that topics discuss one issue at a time. This helps us better, this helps other users better and, in the end, it helps you better.

As I'm sure you will appreciate, most people writing on this website want "help". So when you start a new discussion topic, wouldn't it be better to include a few key words that indicate the kind of help you are looking for? For example, in your question about how to redirect your users to the login page if they have not logged in, how about using the subject "How do I redirect users to the login page if they have not logged in?" Likewise, for your question about where to find Kunena templates, you could use (as a subject) "Where can I find Kunena templates?"

I hope this helps. I have locked this "Help?" topic because I can't think of better assistance to you than by addressing your opening point: "I don't know if I'm posting in the right place for support ..." This category isn't really the right place for the support that you need, for the reasons I have mentioned here, but we're still ready to help you the best we can. :)
08 Dec 2010 21:22 - 08 Dec 2010 21:23
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Register link not working in kunena 1.5.13

Register link not working in kunena 1.5.13

Category: K 1.5 Common Questions Archive

Have you read Why are people using old versions of Kunena for new installations? Why are you using K 1.5.13 on a new installation?

Kunena is not responsible for user registration. This is a Joomla issue. User registration can be assisted by a third-party component (like JomSocial or Community Builder). Are you using a third-party component for user registration?

User registration, login and logout, is performed much better in K 1.6 (read Kunena 1.6 - A dingo took my login ... ? )
04 Dec 2010 13:09
Replied by sozzled on topic How to protect my forum from spam

How to protect my forum from spam

healthlo wrote: Currently the kunena registration page ...

Currently Kunena has no registration page. Let's make sure we understand the facts. Kunena is not responsible for user registration. Joomla is responsible for user registration (or some other third-party extension like JomSocial or Community Builder).

Please look at this discussion topic (from the beginning) for various tips, clues, ideas and suggestions to make your website spam-free. Thank you.
03 Dec 2010 04:49 - 03 Dec 2010 04:51
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Posts ordering set in kunena admin panel

Posts ordering set in kunena admin panel

Category: K 1.0 and K 1.5 miscellaneous user contributions archive

The table is jos_kunena_users. The column is ordering.

I'm willing to wager $50 right now that, within a month, two things will happen:

(1) people will change the ordering themselves because they prefer things a different way (which kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?) ... and what about new user registrations?

(2) one of your users will ask you why you've changed things around and how can they get things back the way they were used to before (which also defeats the purpose, doesn't it?)

It's your website and you take the responsibility for whatever happens next. Good luck (I really do mean it) :)
03 Dec 2010 03:09 - 03 Dec 2010 03:10
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Please Login: Only community members can participate in forum threads. You must register or log in

Please Login: Only community members can participate in forum threads. You must register or log in

Category: K 1.6 and K 1.7 Common Questions Archive

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by you "login to the backend of your website". What has this got to do with the problem?

I asked you (perhaps I was not precise enough with my language) what happens when you login [to the frontend of your website, obviously]? Are you telling me that you cannot login to the front end of your website? What has this got to do with Kunena? As you know, Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login.

Just as a matter of interest, have you changed any of of Kunena's configuration settings? Any of them at all? As you also know, Kunena was designed to work straight away, immediately after you install it, without making any changes to any of Kunena's default settings. I would be most interested to know what settings you have changed.
01 Dec 2010 05:25
Replied by sozzled on topic How to protect my forum from spam

How to protect my forum from spam

G'day, nellie, and welcome to Kunena.

If you browse through the suggestions, hints, tips and ideas given in this topic you will probably find the answers that you are looking for.

User registration is not handled by Kunena - let's get that out of the way from the very beginning. User registration is a Joomla function that may, or may not, be assisted by third-party registration products (like JomSocial or Community Builder - to mention two). The problem of vetting that users who register on your website are not spammers is older than Kunena, is older than Joomla, is as old as the internet. As I have written on many occasions in the past:

"The only truly effective remedy against spam is vigilance."

The native form of Joomla does not provide a truly efficient mechanism to guard against spam registrations. With Joomla you have two choices: allow everyone to register or allow no-one to register. This isn't much of a choice, is it?

Kunena uses whatever form of registration you have installed on your website.
22 Nov 2010 03:12 - 22 Nov 2010 03:17
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: One forum on multiple websites, same server

One forum on multiple websites, same server

This is a really good question. I thought we had discussed this topic previously and I spent a while looking for where that was but I can't locate it now.

To answer this question requires answering a few other questions first, so let's look at the issues.

From a practical viewpoint, it's difficult to imagine why it's better to have one forum service the needs of four other distinctly different websites, each of which have their own rules, registration processes, content and activities. If each of these websites is distinctly different it would not normally seem unreasonable that each site should have its own forum dedicated to those separate purposes for which the sites were setup in the first place.

From a technical viewpoint, Kunena (like all other Joomla extensions) relies upon the Joomla user table in order to pair the messages with those who wrote them. This means that a user needs to register with the website where the Kunena extension has been installed before they can post messages on the forum (unless the forum allows anonymous/guest posting). If you have four websites, each of which has its own separate Joomla user table, the difficulty is to map those user accounts to the website that runs the Kunena forum. Most importantly, each website must use unique user identifiers so that messages are properly paired up with the authors.

One possible solution, to permit users of four different websites, to come together in one discussion forum, is to create a fifth website that runs the forum. Each of the four websites could have a link to the forum site. The practical problem, however, is that, when users are redirected to the forum site, people would have to be registered with that site and would have to login to use it. I can anticipate that your next question will be "how can I have a single user sign-on that's honoured across all of these websites?" I don't know the answer to that question, sorry.

So the difficulty lies not with Kunena but with Joomla.
Displaying 241 - 255 out of 381 results.
Time to create page: 0.990 seconds