Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: user registration)

20 Jan 2011 02:19
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: kunena registration questions?

kunena registration questions?

Category: K 1.7 Common Questions

... with CB not compatible with Joomla 1.6 already, i'm a bit ... stuck

What are you talking about? See JED listing . Stuck for what?

The point is that the information from your users when they register - information that you may or may not want to use later with Kunena - is not a Kunena issue. That's the only point that I'm trying to make.
19 Jan 2011 03:04
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: kunena registration questions?

kunena registration questions?

how am i supposed to do for a user who registers to get these questions

Kunena is not responsible for user registration. Joomla is responsible for user registration. Those data items that you referred to in your question are not part of the Joomla user registration procedure. Entry of that information in Kunena is optional.
19 Jan 2011 02:01
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Registration Issues on Kunena.org

Registration Issues on Kunena.org

Category: General Feedback Archive

G'day, Campaign_Promotions, and welcome to Kunena. I'm sorry to hear that you encountered problems during the site registration procedure using Google Chrome. This is the first that I have heard about the situation. Perhaps other people might like to comment.

I hope that the rest of the time(s) that you use this website, your enjoyment won't be affected by these unexpected technical problems. User registration is not a function of the Kunena forum component, by the way. :)
19 Jan 2011 01:37 - 19 Jan 2011 01:40
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

[Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

I guess I might have to start from scratch, not sure what's up here. last night i created a brand new site, installed Kunena and have the same issue. I am using JMS Multi-sites, so i'm not sure if that's the problem or not.

Pardon my total ignorance but what the heck are JMS Multi-sites?

It's really quite simple. You download the supported Joomla 1.5.22 installation kit and you create a Joomla website. You enable SEO (just like every good Joomla user should) and, maybe, you give your Joomla site a name ... but then you leave your Joomla site alone and do nothing else with it except install Kunena 1.6.2. B)

The reason that some people - a few people - have these Mootools/Javascript conflicts is very easy to understand. Some people don't want to do simple and they go about things differently, for example:

(1) Let's install Joomla (I dunno, any version will do) ... heck, I might just re-use some old website that's been gathering cobwebs for the past two years.

(2) Let's find a really good template. I can't do anything until I get that Joomla template installed.

(3) I don't know, maybe we need some dazzling graphics, banners, flash video when people first go to the home page ... and before we forget, a menu system that plays "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen when you move your mouse over the items.

(4) I probably need a registration package *yawn* ... just in case people want to register at my site, and I'd better wrote a few dozen articles *bigger yawn* about what my site is all about because people will need a good read when they come here.

(5) What else do I need? Oh, I know, how about a forum discussion component *snore* to let users actually do something on my website ...

... and that's when the wheels came off. :laugh:

Maybe that's not what really happens, but I've seen plenty of examples where it seems to be what's happened! :whistle: So this is my advice:

(1) Plan what you want, before you start building anything. If the main reason that you want a website is to have people discuss topics in a forum setting, then that's what you need to do first. Then concern yourself with other trappings, like flashy graphics.

(2) Start building the site content; implement the user registration processes and shop around for your template, menu system, but make sure that your forum doesn't break when each time you install something new.
16 Jan 2011 05:36
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Different Login

Different Login

Category: Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla

Kunena is not responsible for user registration. Joomla is responsible for user registration. Please look at what I have written in the past on this subject - I pointed you to a few references where I have given a fuller, more comprehensive answer on this topic. Thank you.
16 Jan 2011 04:38 - 16 Jan 2011 05:37
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Different Login

Different Login

Kunena is not responsible for user registration .

You can use other tools - ACL tools - to individually grant users access permissions to your Kunena forums, if you wish.
15 Jan 2011 04:43
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Another Dumb question

Another Dumb question

This is a Joomla issue. Go to the Joomla User Manager and unblock the account. Then you won't get those "you have to login" messages. The messages are not generated by Kunena. Those messages are generated by your Joomla site.

Kunena is not responsible for user registration. Search for "user registration" on this forum and you will see that our advice has been consistently been the same: "Kunena is not responsible for user registration".
15 Jan 2011 04:04
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Another Dumb question

Another Dumb question

I don't think your question is "dumb" - it's just not appropriate to this forum.

Kunena is not responsible for user registration.

Your problems are Joomla problems. You should look for the answers at the Joomla support forum .
13 Jan 2011 13:14
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Create Kunena user in Kunena database upon joomla registration

Create Kunena user in Kunena database upon joomla registration

I'm sorry to disappoint you but let's establish the facts:

JomSocial and Community Builder are two Joomla extensions that are used to register users. It is possible for users to have JomSocial or Community Builder avatars whether or not your site uses Kunena. You see, it's possible to use JomSocial and Community Builder avatars with Kunena but these avatar images are completely independent of Kunena.

The Kunena user profile is created when a user first uses Kunena. Until that event happens, it's like the universe before the "big bang" - the Kunena user profile is without form and without substance.

In a nutshell, you can't do what you want to do with Kunena user profiles.
13 Jan 2011 12:31
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Create Kunena user in Kunena database upon joomla registration

I don't know that much about Community Builder templates and I don't think it really matters. Let's just try to stay on one problem at a time.

So, let me see if I understand the situation.

Currently you have people who register with your website. OK, that's easy to understand.

These new people haven't written anything on the forum. OK, I understand that part, too.

So how or why would people want to look at their forum user profiles if they have not contributed anything to the forum? I think that's really the question that I'm trying to understand in my mind.

If someone has registered at your site, and they haven't (a) completed the registration procedure or (b) contributed anything to the forum, why are you concerned about their Kunena user profile? There won't be anything in their Kunena user profile to see, will there? Doesn't that seem to make logical sense to you?
13 Jan 2011 10:49

But what function registers the user into the Kunena DB upon his first visit ?
And how can I initialize that function?

I've never bothered to find out. I don't know the answer. In what way does knowing this information help you with some problem that you might be having? Perhaps if we knew what problem you are having we would know how to answer this question better.
13 Jan 2011 04:20
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Add a "required field" for Registration

Add a "required field" for Registration

I am saying that Kunena does not handle user registration. Kunena has never handled user registration. User registration is performed by Joomla. You can use other Joomla extensions to do other things with user registration. Kunena uses whatever you've installed that handles user registration. Kunena doesn't do anything "extra" as far as site registration is concerned. Site registration is outside Kunena.

The Joomla Extensions Directory has categories of Joomla extensions that deal with user registration. Some of these extensions give you the means to "require" additional information during registration. It's your choice, or not, to use those things.

If you only want to use Joomla for site registration, I have seen that it's possible to change the process. Changing that process is not part of the Kunena project. You need to ask those kinds of questions at the Joomla forum (forum.joomla.org)
13 Jan 2011 03:10
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Add a "required field" for Registration

Add a "required field" for Registration

Kunena does not perform user registration. You can use other Joomla extensions to require key fields of information at user registration time.
13 Jan 2011 03:08

I would like to automaticly create a user in kunenas database upon user registration.
As I see the user is only created upon his first visit to the forum.

That pretty well sums it up.

Possible helpful further reading on this subject: Kunena is not "registering" all my Joomla users
09 Jan 2011 08:06
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Signature issues at www.kunena.org

Signature issues...

Category: General Feedback Archive

I understand the problem - it was difficult for me to grapple with this issue when I first joined www.kunena.org nearly two years ago.

The problem occurs because this website uses JomSocial in order to manage user registration and profiling. The signature aspects are a source of irritation to some of our members who would like to see JomSocial provide the means for editing the signature for use with Kunena. Obviously, this has not yet happened.

However, it's possible for you to edit your Kunena signature by going to your Kunena user profile. At www.kunena.org this is done by clicking People » Forum » Edit Profile . I hope that answers your question
Displaying 226 - 240 out of 381 results.
Time to create page: 0.787 seconds