Search Results (Searched for: )

18 Apr 2016 05:34 - 18 Apr 2016 13:22

noetic1 wrote: Hi I don't know where else to ask this ...

There are a few places you can ask for help. If you want the answers to your questions quickly then you may have to pay for expert assistance. If, however, you are willing to wait for someone to try to answer your questions, this forum is as good as any other place.

The problem with asking your question in a topic with the subject "Kunena install fail v 4.0.7 on joomla 3.4.5" is that this topic started 4 months ago and your questions do not seem (to me) to relate to a problem with installation. Just to confirm, are you using K 4.0.7 on J! 3.4.5? Both J! 3.4.5 and K 4.0.7 are out of date and superseded by newer versions.

noetic1 wrote: I have 2 issues, ISSUE 1 - I have the BBC editor loading one ...

I assume you mean the problem that people have asked about before (e.g. Loading BBcode editor... ). Would that be right?

noetic1 wrote: ... and there are links to wiki pages ...

The developers deleted the Wiki and removed all the old documentation from this site.
16 Apr 2016 11:13 - 16 Apr 2016 21:46
The error message "You have entered information to an obsolete form from another session" is generated by Kunena (the constant is COM_KUNENA_ERROR_TOKEN).

It is usually generated when there is a mismatch between the Joomla session and the Kunena session; usually this is if one session length is different to the other session length. What happens is that the security token for Kunena expires at a different time to the Joomla security token. The simplest way to fix this is to make the session length the same. I have explained this before in this forum.

Apparently the developers have a different approach and suggested that you do some strange things like "refresh your browser cache" or "delete the entries in the Kunena session table"); their advice might work but I wouldn't try those ideas myself.

Also, the discussion about errors from "obsolete sessions" is completely different to the question asked in msg #1 (which was about problems with verification emails).
16 Apr 2016 06:54 - 16 Apr 2016 11:02

chiripas wrote: This is the error when try to login:
You have entered information to an obsolete form from another session. Please verify that the user account is yours and please try again!

See

16 Apr 2016 06:49 - 16 Apr 2016 17:34

Kotsolis wrote: In the backend can you put a setting where we should able to assign a minimum number of posts required for all users so that they can post?

This is required for us for subforums, which contain polls or Classifieds, as many users are registering only for this purpose and then leave the site.

This feature is available in the most forum components ...

This "feature" has been requested a few times over the past 8 years of the Kunena project (for example, see How to set must have post limit for category? ) and I am sure you will find other topics dicussing this subject if you search for them.

The fact is that this idea has not been implemented in Kunena for the 8 years that the project has existed. I agree with you that this is a good idea but the fact remains that this idea has not been implemented and that's all that I can tell you about it. Sorry.

Good idea but it may take a few years before someone does something about it. Good question and I hope you get a solution in the next couple of years. :)
14 Apr 2016 21:31

Alan-M wrote: When [a] new member tries to register they [are] sent [an email to complete the registration process containing a verification link] they have to click [but it doesn't] work? It either says [they're] a "bad person" or the link goes to a blank page; they can't complete the registration process.

Would any one know the best way I can sort this?

I suggest you take your questions to the Joomla forum where you will get better advice and help.

Even though you have asked for "support" from the developers of Kunena (and you've asked your question in the "reporting defects" category ) this is not a defect in Kunena. You can prove that this is not a Kunena problem if you uninstall Kunena from your website.

This topic may help you: User registration and/or general login issues

Good luck :)
13 Apr 2016 11:30
Replied by sozzled on topic Sticky Post in K4 ?
There has never been a sticky post feature in Kunena (from K 1 thru K 4). Sorry.
13 Apr 2016 03:31

stromboli wrote: Is there a way to make all borders = 1px go to border =0px with this?

Yes. Post a screenshot that shows which borders you want to collapse to 0px. Start a new topic for this question, please.
12 Apr 2016 23:26

Random_guy_a wrote: I want to know if it is possible to move the kunena forum component to a custom position rather than the standard "component" position. i dont want the forum showing up in the same page where my standard page content is.

It is possible using an assigned template . In other words, you would use one Joomla template for everything else on your website and a different Joomla template just for the Kunena menu items.
12 Apr 2016 23:22
Thanks for your question. This is the CSS for the Kunena Blue Eagle template:

Code:
#Kunena input.kbutton[name="cancel"], #Kunena input.kbutton[name="preview"] { display: none; }
12 Apr 2016 07:05
Yes, you can hide the CANCEL and PREVIEW buttons with CSS but it depends on whether you use the Blue Eagle or Crypsis templates. Which template are you using?
10 Apr 2016 21:25
Replied by sozzled on topic Remove/Hide Powered by

Sonictech wrote: I was wondering if you had a plugin ... that I can purchase to remove or hide the powered by.

I have a plugin that works with K 3.0.x and with K 4.0.x (both Crypsis and Blue Eagle) that removes the "powered by" display. This plugin is available for download from my website.
02 Apr 2016 00:45 - 02 Apr 2016 00:49

Celt wrote: Should I open a new thread for the Admin preview issue as, it's not really the same issue as I had when I opened this thread?

I don't think you should necessarily create a new topic about the preview problem. It may be better to change the subject (in your original message) to reflect the current status. From the sounds of things, the preview problem (in your case) still exists.

I have looked into many cases over the years about why the message preview feature does not work. There are several possibilites and, in nearly all cases, these have involved conflicts between Kunena and Javascript used by other [third-party] extensions. One such extension that is known to cause problems is a thing called JCH Optimize ; that's just one product that I know that doesn't work with Kunena.

You need to remember that the message preview feature uses AJAX; AJAX, of course, uses Javascript (even though the script is executed on the server and not on the [browser] client). So, the most likely explanation as to why the message preview feature does not work in your case is Javascript-related in some way.

There may be other causes, too:
  • One case, that had me totally mystified, involved a situation where certain words or characters would stop the preview feature from working! It was very hard to reproduce this scenario.
  • In another case, the problem related to the use of Internet Explorer.
  • In some other cases, there was a problem if the Kunena - Community Builder plugin was enabled.

If you search this forum for preview problems, you will probably find other interesting cases, too.

In any event, the most likely cause of your problem is a Joomla extension—a template, component, module or plugin—that loads its own Javascript library that conflicts with Kunena. The trick is to isolate that extension, disable or uninstall it, and see if it's the cause. This could require a lot of time on your part (with or without the assistance of someone else).

One possible topic that may help you (even though the discussion took place a long time ago) is: K 3.0.2 message preview not working . I hope some of this helps.
01 Apr 2016 21:29

Celt wrote: When using the Crypsis template guests can access the quick reply function which circumvents the captcha feature which would cause a bit of a spam issue on a live site.

This was discussed a while ago and I am not sure what was the outcome. The previous discussion is >>> here <<<.

Celt wrote: The Blue Eagle template was throwing CAPTCHA error when posting as guest, even though all extensions including kunena's security (captcha) options were disabled and all input fields nulled.

Setting up CAPTCHA in K 4.0 is complicated. There are Joomla's CAPTCHA plugin settings and there are Kunena configuration settings for CAPTCHA. The Joomla reCAPTCHA plugin settings work with the Kunena Crypsis template. The Blue Eagle template does not use the Joomla reCAPTCHA plugin settings; the Blue Eagle template uses the Kunena CAPTCHA settings. We have had this discussion before: see Captcha not working and Recaptcha 2.0? .

I don't blame you if you are confused. CAPTCHA and Kunena is a confusing topic. However, as you say, I don't think the CAPTCHA settings have anything to do with why your message preview is not working.

If you want to talk more about Kunena and CAPTCHA, I suggest you use another topic for that discussion. :)
01 Apr 2016 21:14
Replied by sozzled on topic quick reply

maxd90 wrote: Where can I find free templates for Kunena?

A serious answer to your question: there are no free Kunena templates from third-party developers that work with Kunena 4.0. There are a few third-party developers whose Kunena templates work (but not necessarily guaranteed to work) with K 4.0 but none of these templates are free.

There are also problems with a lot of Joomla templates not working with the Kunena Crypsis template. So, when 810 wrote, "it's not an issue with Kunena templates but an issue with your Joomla template", he's probably right; at least, he's probably on the right track.

If you're having a problem with Kunena's Quick Reply function and your website, the best suggestion I can give you is to try a different approach. My suggestion is to create a completely fresh website (use the Protostar template), with nothing on it, and then install Kunena. After doing that, try to use the Quick Reply function on this new test site. If it works then you know that you have a problem on your real site and the problem is not caused by Kunena. If, on the other hand, you cannot use the Quick Reply function on your test site, then you know that there's a problem with Kunena. This test should only take you about one hour to perform.

If you "cannot wait to solve your problem", you could always hire a professional Joomla expert to assist you with solving your problem.

I hope this gives you a few ideas to experiment with.
31 Mar 2016 20:35
Replied by sozzled on topic Repeat Email Notifications?
The short answer to your question is no. The notification action is triggered at the time when the new topic/post is added to your forum. There is no event trigger mechanism to resend the notification.
Displaying 196 - 210 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.794 seconds