Search Results (Searched for: )

04 May 2016 01:06
If you mean, "would it be possible to assign a different Joomla template depending on the forum view", then yes, it's possible. See Moving Kunena forum component position

If you mean, "can you use a different Kunena template (say, Crypsis or something else) depending on the menu item selected", then no, that's not possible.

Does that help?
02 May 2016 22:04
Replied by sozzled on topic How to delete all post?
Seems like what I suggested would be easier (and a less risky ) than tampering with the database. ;)

Even if you had to delete [spam] posts from the past 24 hours, there would probably only be a handful of those and they could be handled one by one.
02 May 2016 19:42
Replied by sozzled on topic How to delete all post?
Wouldn't it be better to use the built-in Kunena Prune Categories function?

Kunena » Tools » Prune Categories

I may not have shown the settings correctly in the following screenshot (perhaps one of the developers could correct me if I've made any mistakes):

02 May 2016 02:22
Replied by sozzled on topic Possible Edit History?

BlueDragonfly wrote: I'm wondering if there's a way to retrieve the edit history of a post?

Kunena doesn't have this type of feature.

BlueDragonfly wrote: I didn't have it set so that new posts email me (although I'm not sure if they contain the body of the post in the email), though I do now.

You're right. If you setup Kunena to email you the body of the posts, you could "retrieve" the information that way.

BlueDragonfly wrote: Is there a way to restore the post (I don't have a backup of the database between then and now) ...

Not really (except, as you say, you could edit the original message. If it was something important that was lost then the only real way to restore things the way they were is with a database backup. :(

BlueDragonfly wrote: ... and if not, a way to prevent this from happening again in the future?

Once you hit the submit button, you're pretty much "committed"; there isn't a "Are you sure?" [last-chance-before-it-goes] option.

Another way to keep track of what's posted on your forum is to enable RSS feeds and "subscribe" to them. RSS feeds can be collected by you email client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook allows you to subscribe to RSS feeds) and, in that way, you could probably keep a history of what is posted. Those are a few ideas you might like to experiment with.

Sorry to hear you lost something posted on your forum. I guess you have a bit of apologising to do and eating a bit of humble-pie. We all make mistakes like yours, from time to time, and it's "just one of those things" we have to live with and accept. :blush:
30 Apr 2016 10:41
Replied by sozzled on topic bootstrap loading crypsis

ruud wrote: If Kunena is dependent on icomoon.css it should load it if it is not loaded.

Crypsis uses icomoon fonts. It depends on whether your template loads them or not. I think the developers should explain the dependency of Crypsis on icomoon.

The problem is that some templates work better with Crypsis than other templates. Some Joomla templates will probably not work at all with Crypsis .

When you think about it, the best place to start testing K 5.0 B1 is on the Joomla protostar template. If Kunenaany version)—does not "work" for you on the standard Joomla template, there's a very good chance that it won't work for you on a different template. I always "beta test" everything on a standard, "vanilla-flavour" Joomla site with protostar; if I have problems there then I know I will have to face some serious challenges on my production sites.

Twincarb wrote:

Would it be an idea to check if icomoon.css is loaded and load it if it isn't?

I know how to use the Joomla addStyleSheet() function but I have never heard of a function to check if a stylesheet is already loaded.
29 Apr 2016 21:10

dusty wrote: Is there anyway to move users and threads and posts from myBB to Joomla+Kunena?

Yes, it's possible but it's not easy.

If you want to do this yourself:

There are also commercial services available that may be able perform this service for you.
29 Apr 2016 04:11

cherryboy wrote: The report to moderator feature has suddenly stopped working on my site.

When trying to send the report we get an error message

Invalid address: user name Where user name is the user trying to report the post.

Interesting problem. I haven't encountered this situation before.

There was another topic recently in this forum ( [4.0.10] Error when using 'Report this user' ) that could be related. In that other topic, the developers suggest that it's a defect in J! 3.5.1.

One way to find out more is to enable Kunena debug mode and see which line in the PHP source generated the error. To be honest with you, I haven't tried to use the "report to moderator" in K 4.0.10 on J! 3.5.1 and so I can't really tell you what's happening here.

Another possibility is that there's something wrong with the Kunena user table. One possible way to work through the issue is to go to Components » Kunena Forum » Tools » Synchronize Users (select Add user profiles to everyone and check this option) then press the Sync button on the top left of that page.

Let us know if it was a database table issue (fixed by performing the Synchronize Users feature) or some details about the error traceback if it didn't work when you enable Kunena debug.
28 Apr 2016 09:51
Have you informed all the members of your club in the site Terms and Conditions, that it is a condition of membership that they will receive unsolicited email (possibly dozens of emails every time people reply to topics on your forum)? What will you do if someone complains about the amount of emails they're receiving? Are you prepared for the possibility that your mail domain may be blacklisted for sending too many emails?

The answer to your question "is it possible to automatically subscribe people to my forum" is, technically, yes. It's possible. It's also potentially a very dangerous idea. Before you decide that this is the way you want to run your website, make sure that you understand your legal rights.

You might also like to read this short exchange on this forum recently: Email notification wording: making it easier for people to unsubscribe from unwanted forum mail . Just saying ... :whistle:
28 Apr 2016 09:29 - 28 Apr 2016 12:31
You're talking about "autosubscriptions". Under the consumer law in most countries, users have the right to choose whether they want to opt-in (i.e. to subscribe or not subscribe) and, after they're subscribed, they have the right to opt-out. Forcing people to be automatically "subscribed" (i.e. when they have not chosen this themselves) is illegal. This was discussed most recently in the topics How to follow all posts in the forum and How to subscribe automatically to category posts for new users .

I have also written a few articles on the subject. One that you might like to read is Automatic subscriptions .

I hope some of this information helps you.
26 Apr 2016 22:51
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena 5 ?

Spyki wrote: Kunena 4.0.10 and NTS KCarbon (9themestore template) are OK with PHP7.

This is because all 9themestore templates (and all other third-party templates) are based on Blue Eagle. There are no third-party templates based on Crypsis.
26 Apr 2016 13:43

jplamp wrote: When I go to the Kunena template in the backend, I can't find any place to edit the .css for Blue Eagle. Is this no longer an option in 4.0? If not, how can I change the text color?

Try

Template Manager » Blue Eagle » Edit CSS » custom.css

jplamp wrote: I can't even find the right .css file to edit. There is a CSS folder containing a lot of files, and I don't know which one to edit.

The most important thing is do not directly edit these CSS files!

If the information given above (and in msg #2 ) did not help, you might like to read the article What CSS file should I change …?
26 Apr 2016 04:07
Fixed in about 10 minutes with the "trash - burn - rebuild" menu approach. ;)
26 Apr 2016 02:10 - 26 Apr 2016 02:26
Now would suit me just fine. I sent you a Skype contact request—not sure if I've got right name/address—so you should have a look.
26 Apr 2016 01:14
G'day, Diana. I might be able to talk you through the difficulties you're having via Skype, if you're interested.
25 Apr 2016 14:11
Replied by sozzled on topic Subscription Problem

Nikiniko wrote: I still have the problem the box is always checked when I reply, but in the settings it is not set to be checked.

This is a new "feature" of K 4.0; I wrote an explanation in Kunena 4.0.5: changed subscribe checkbox “behaviour” angers community .
Displaying 166 - 180 out of 20338 results.
Time to create page: 0.682 seconds