Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: user registration)

25 Aug 2011 06:06
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Editing User Registration Fields

Editing User Registration Fields

Category: K 1.6 and K 1.7 Common Questions Archive

Either of JomSocial or Community Builder allow this flexibility (in fact, I think "company" is a standard piece of information) but I don't believe - and I could be wrong and someone else can correct me if there's a way to do it - that Kunena can display this information on the Kunena user profile.
25 Aug 2011 05:41 - 25 Aug 2011 05:41
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Editing User Registration Fields

Editing User Registration Fields

Category: K 1.6 and K 1.7 Common Questions Archive

Beccam wrote: I believe I searched for this before and read that Kunena uses the Joomla's default registration system - I can't find that now to be sure though.

Let me assure you with 100% certainty: Kunena does not have a "registration system": see How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

Beccam wrote: I am wanting to add additional required fields to the registration form during the enrollment process.

Yes, there are lots of ways you can do that, but Kunena may not, necessarily, take full advantage of those additions. Even with the extensions that can be integrated with Kunena (e.g. Community Builder and Jomsocial) there are limits on what extra information you can "plug into" the Kunena user profile.
17 Aug 2011 23:32 - 17 Aug 2011 23:35
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: How can I change the language of the register page?

How can I change the language of the register page?

Category: Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla

Thank you for explaining what you mean by the "registration page in Kunena". The screen image that you showed is the registration page generated by Community Builder. As I wrote in msg #2 in this topic, this is not a question for this forum; this is a question about the registration software that you are using on your website. If you have a problem with Community Builder please refer your questions about that software to Joomlapolis . Thank you.

For others who may be reading this topic and for anyone who does not take the trouble to read How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?
Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login
Very simply, there is no "registration page in Kunena".
17 Aug 2011 00:44
Replied by sozzled on topic How can I change the language of the register page?

How can I change the language of the register page?

Please read msg #2 in How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website? . This is not a really a question for this forum; this is a question about the registration software that you are using on your website.
04 Aug 2011 02:24
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Joomla user vs. Kunena user registration

User registration and/or general login issues

omri wrote: I'm sure they can't login. They sent me the password and I tired myself.

What I did for those people is to delete their account and ask them to register again with the same username and password. This time they appeared in both lists and all worked fine.

That confirms my diagnosis of your problem: your users did not have the right username/password when they tried to login in the first place. There is no issue here as far as Kunena is concerned. The problem was with your users.

omri wrote: What does it mean the a new registration appear in Joomla user list and doesn't appear in Kunena user list? I understand they should be the same but they're not.

As I explained earlier

What I believe you are talking about is creating a Kunena user profile. Kunena user profiles are created automatically when someone posts a message on the forum.

If you want to add new Kunena profiles for people who have not posted on the forum, use the Kunena Synchronize Users feature. In some ways this is an issue with Kunena but it's also something that you can easily work around.
04 Aug 2011 01:30

omri wrote: Thanks,

i read msg #2.

I don't think it's about user profiles.

omri wrote: People register to my site but the registration is not common with Kunena. i.e. I see the them in the main Joomla users list (activated) but I don't see them in the Kunena user list.

What I was basically saying (in msg #2) is Joomla user registration is "common" with Kunena. If you can login (and use the forum) why can't other people? Are you absolutely sure that these people have registered and have activated their accounts?

What message to they get when they try to login? Maybe they forgot their passwords?
04 Aug 2011 01:06

There is no "Joomla user vs Kunena user registration" because there is no Kunena user registration to begin with. See what I wrote in msg #2 in this topic. What I believe you are talking about is creating a Kunena user profile. Kunena user profiles are created automatically when someone posts a message on the forum.

You can also use the Synchronize Users feature to create user profiles.

You can also use the technique discussed >>> here <<< to automatically create Kunena user profiles.

omri wrote:

They, of course, cannot login to the forum.

This is what I am particularly concerned about: you claim activated Joomla accounts are unable to login to the forum? How do you know this to be so? Again, we return to what I wrote in msg #2 in this topic; if your users can login to your website, they are already "logged-in" to the forum.
29 Jul 2011 10:20
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: need help here

need help here

Slobix wrote: I'm experiencing some problems with my kunena forum module, new users cannot register successfully

Kunena is not responsible for user registration. See FAQs (use the tab at the top of this page). You have a Joomla problem or a webserver problem.
19 Jul 2011 00:44
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Paid site registrations vs free Kunena registrations

Paid site registrations vs free Kunena registrations

Category: K 1.7 Common Questions

gediweb wrote: ... can I have the Kunena registrations register for free accounts?

There are no Kunena registrations. There are only Joomla registrations. Please see How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

gediweb wrote: In other words, I want 3 levels of access:

1. when someone registers on the website (paid membership) they become a registered user. I want those people to have FULL access to the forum.

2. The people that register for Kunena, will be free,they will have access to select topics.

3. The non registered users will have access to fewer topics.

How do you define "paid membership" now? What component do you use to assign users as "paid" members as opposed to everyone else?

There may be several approaches to tackling this issue. You may find some of the hints that I wrote in another topic useful: see Access levels in Forum .
16 Jul 2011 02:37
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Separating Kunena forum registration from Joomla user manager

Separating Kunena forum registration from Joomla user manager

Category: General Feedback Archive

I'm sorry, but I don't think we fully understand the problem that you seem to be having (or worrying about). There is no separation between a Joomla user and a forum user. There is no "Kunena user registration"; there is only your Joomla user registration. Anyone who registers at your website is added into the Joomla user table (jos_users); the Joomla User Manager uses the information from that table. Kunena also uses the information from that table.

kenyonjohnston wrote:

Ok, so there's absolutely no way I can HIDE or redirect all of the forum registrant names from the user manager admin?

It might help to understand what you mean by "user manager admin". The Joomla User Manager displays the names of the people who are registered with your site. Do you understand what we mean?

kenyonjohnston wrote:

I just don't want 300 - 400 forum registrants in my user admin area.

Perhaps you could help us to understand better why this seems to be an important issue for you?
15 Jul 2011 23:30
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Separating Kunena forum registration from Joomla user manager

Thanks for clearing up that doubt in my mind. Yes, as fxstein erotr, you can't have Kunena without Joomla. Sorry.
15 Jul 2011 22:53

G'day, kenyonjohnston, and welcome to Kunena.

I'm just wondering about this: are you saying that all your users somehow have administrator privileges? :unsure:
14 Jul 2011 04:44 - 14 Jul 2011 04:47
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Deleting accounts?

Deleting accounts?

As we have often said in the past, Kunena is not responsible for site registration (see How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website? )

When you register yourself on a Joomla website, unless the site offers you an "unregister" option, you place yourself in the hands of (and at the mercy of) the manager of that site. If you have issues involving your need to unregister yourself at a particular website then you must resolve those matters with the manager of that site. This is not a Kunena issue nor is it something that we can help you with here. This is a private matter between you as the manager of the site in question.

In resolving issues reported to us, we do not register ourselves at users' websites for the simple reason that, once registered, we cannot unregister ourselves. That's "par for the course"; that's the way that most Joomla sites operate. It's a question of personal security, nothing more. If people are unsure about the registration policy implemented at any website and they are concerned about their personal security, they should ask the site manager to explain their privacy policy and means for unregistering user accounts. If the site manager is not prepared to answer those questions then it's your choice to accept or not accept the risk attached to registering with a site that you know nothing about.
13 Jul 2011 09:47
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Every new user has Administrator rights

All users have Administrator privileges

I can confirm that, with a fresh installation of J! 1.6.5 and K 1.6.4, new users registered at my test site do not have Administrator rights.

I would ask you to check your users (using Joomla User Manager) to see what user group(s) they were assigned to and to reassign them to the Registered Users group. I cannot find any basis, from my testing, that supports a claim that with an unmodified J! 1.6.5 installation, new users are somehow automatically assigned with Administrator privileges either on my site or in the Kunena forum that I am using.

If you are getting new user registrations continuing to be given Administrator privilege, I suggest this is a Joomla matter and you may get further information by asking for help from the Joomla support forum (forum.joomla.org).
13 Jul 2011 05:36
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Every new user has Administrator rights

All users have Administrator privileges

It's a little different in J! 1.6. ;)

Go to User Manager, click Options (top right of page) and then change the setting Component » New Registration Group = - Registered
Displaying 166 - 180 out of 381 results.
Time to create page: 0.957 seconds